• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Passing along some info

DavidSomerset

Unless we are moving Horford for a superstar, it would be a very bad move.  Moving Al for a role player is just asinine! For the record,,I would be on the fence with Trading Horford for Kevin Love

Haha. What "superstar" are we going to get for a twice major injured non-superstar even at his peak? That's just asinine to think it's possible! 

You'd rather lose him for nothing in 2 years? Or you'd rather risk him having another major injury? 

There you go with this lose him talk. We aren't losing Al. He's been loyal to the organization from the jump and we are going to start playing him at PF sometime soon. Probably 2015-16.

There you go with this lose him talk. We aren't losing Al. He's been loyal to the organization from the jump and we are going to start playing him at PF sometime soon. Probably 2015-16.

We're likely to lose Al to injury or to trade within the next 2 years. If not then we're likely to lose him to him wanting a bigger contract or a chance to play for a championship and to play PF for someone. The writing is on the wall for one of these things to happen. If you guys can't accept that and want to sit by and wait for it then by all means do so. But Ferry clearly isn't going to wait on that as there's way too much talk of him either shopping Al or listening to offers for him. 

• Like 1

I like Al but I'm not worried about him leaving, it's not like he's Tim Duncan :-).

He's a piece to the puzzle, not a cornerstone.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

We're likely to lose Al to injury or to trade within the next 2 years. If not then we're likely to lose him to him wanting a bigger contract or a chance to play for a championship and to play PF for someone. The writing is on the wall for one of these things to happen. If you guys can't accept that and want to sit by and wait for it then by all means do so. But Ferry clearly isn't going to wait on that as there's way too much talk of him either shopping Al or listening to offers for him. 

So we have a better chance to keep Millsap because he won't care if we are not contenders nor will the player that we are trading for?  This is a strange fan base because this argument make no sense!

So we have a better chance to keep Millsap because he won't care if we are not contenders nor will the player that we are trading for?  This is a strange fan base because this argument make no sense!

What now? Who said anything about Millsap? I'd sure as hell look to trade him as well. But he's been on the open market before and he's not going to get an enormous contract offer so we've got a good shot at keeping him at a reasonable salary if we want him. Not to mention Millsap already made the decision to sign here so clearly he wants to be part of what Ferry and Bud are doing. Horford hasn't had that choice and as I said earlier he's likely to get some big offers if he's healthy the next 2 years. 

• Premium Member

Horford can't make more money signing somewhere else sorry! So if he signed somewhere else, it won't be for money.

If this team isn't a LEGIT contender in the next season and a half, I believe Horford will leave unless the Hawks grossly overpay him and that's not happening. If the Hawks wait past this season to entertain trading Horford, the offers for him will suck just like they were for Josh Smith when he was in the last year of his deal.

If this team isn't a LEGIT contender in the next season and a half, I believe Horford will leave unless the Hawks grossly overpay him and that's not happening. If the Hawks wait past this season to entertain trading Horford, the offers for him will suck just like they were for Josh Smith when he was in the last year of his deal.

I think we'd get better offers for Horford just because he's a great teammate and not a head case plus he can play C. But I definitely think we'd get a lot more if we traded him this season, probably at the deadline after he's proved that he's healthy. 

This has turned into the shit on Horford thread which is what I expected.

He's injuried!

He's not going to stay!

He's not is Tim Duncan!

Gosh! Do something. The best player we have had in Atlanta since Nique and you guys want to snake him. The organization should have as much respect for him as he given them over the years. Out of position, never had a PG that's fits perfectly with Al. smh.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think we'd get better offers for Horford just because he's a great teammate and not a head case plus he can play C. But I definitely think we'd get a lot more if we traded him this season, probably at the deadline after he's proved that he's healthy.

I don't totally disagree, but when a player is headed to free agency, other teams tend to low ball because they don't want a rental and they may be able to sign him outright without giving up anything. His recent injury was a setback in more ways than one.

I don't totally disagree, but when a player is headed to free agency, other teams tend to low ball because they don't want a rental and they may be able to sign him outright without giving up anything. His recent injury was a setback in more ways than one.

Oh I completely agree. But if we got 2 cents on the dollar offers for Josh we'd at least get a dime for Al.

Why would they not be a contender?  They were a legit contender last year before he got hurt and now we have a stronger bench and if we sign a wing like Deng, we will definitely be a contender

He's injuried!

He's not going to stay!

He's not is Tim Duncan!

Gosh! Do something. The best player we have had in Atlanta since Nique and you guys want to snake him. The organization should have as much respect for him as he given them over the years. Out of position, never had a PG that's fits perfectly with Al. smh.

This is a business. They need to build the best team possible. That may very well mean trading Al. It may mean keeping him. But he's going to have to take a very team friendly deal and while he may be willing to, we really don't know for sure if he will.

• Premium Member

He's injuried!

He's not going to stay!

He's not is Tim Duncan!

Try taking your personal feelings about Al out of this for a change. We all like Horford and greatly appreciate what he's done for the Hawks. But you have to acknowledge his upcoming unrestricted free agency where there are no guarantees. You have to acknowledge the injuries. And you also have to consider the possibility of improving the team by moving him. Most of us would support trading anybody on this roster if it meant making the team better. It's about the name of the front of the jersey, not on the back.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Why would they not be a contender? They were a legit contender last year before he got hurt and now we have a stronger bench and if we sign a wing like Deng, we will definitely be a contender

Being three games over .500 in a weak conference is not a LEGIT contender.
  • Like 1