• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Passing along some info

DavidSomerset

Until Payne plays a game in this NBA - I'm taking Milsap.

Absolutely agree JBH...for somebody to post "Payne has more Skill than Millsap already!" is totally absurd. Millsap has been a top quality player out in Utah for years and made the all-star team last year.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Other than being a little craftier around the basket, what does Millsap do better? Payne is a better Shooter, a more explosive Athlete, and will eventually will be a better post play and maybe rebounder.

In college.

The thing is with Millsap - he is a proven warrior at the highest level. His only negative is his age. The guy rebounds, has the best post moves on our team (even with a healthy AL), has no health problems, comes to play every night. Having Millsap is kind of like having three Kings in poker - sure you may beat three kings on the draw - going for the flush - but as a rule - bet on the three Kings.

I think most of y'all are not seeing the big picture with Klay Thompson.

The reason he's on the market is because he's going to get a max deal at the end of this contract. Can the Warriors afford that? No, not unless they want to get rid of Steph Curry. So they know they're almost guaranteed to lose him a once his current deal is up. And what do you do when you know you're going to potentially lose a star? You try to trade him so you at least get something for him. Thompson understands all of this and would be happy to go somewhere where he'll get a max deal.

On another note, anyone using the phrase "a healthy Al Horford" (as in, "you don't trade a healthy Al Horford for Klay Thompson") is making assumptions that I'm not sure are grounded in reality.

• Like 1

He's worth it Jay. Believe me I prolly watch 80-82 hawks games every year and about 60-65 dubs games. It's impossible to avoid living in the bay. Klay is worth the max. 2 way player. Top 3 or 4 shooting guard in the league. Absolute lock down perimeter defender. He's durable, young, no significant injuries. I would say he has the perfect form on his jumper.

It's funny I don't think any player outside of Lebron, KD should be given the max, but when you hear that an Eric Bledsoe is going to ask for max money, then Klay should be considered for max money as well. I think I'd be happiest if we landed Klay over any name thrown out thus far...Parsons, Heyward, Deng, etc.

Tell me how giving Klay the max is better than us giving Joe the max? Joe is a much better ball handler and passer than Klay, both really good defenders and shooters.

I'd like to hear what some of you think Klay Thompson's max deal is going to start at.

This is such a no brainer to me it's silly. Keep the guy who's going to cost at least 12 mil per for the next 6-7 years and who has missed 2 of the last 3 years with major injuries or trade for a young healthy stud who is still on his rookie deal and we can match any offer on in a year? I take Klay and know we've got our guy who's going to be the team leader going forward and a stud at both ends and then I find a stop gap until Bebe is ready at C. Gortat and Klay plus Payne and Patterson added to lady years team and we are going much farther.

• Like 3

I'd like to hear what some of you think Klay Thompson's max deal is going to start at.

They think all max contracts are the same. The only way he enters into the discussion with current Joe's max is if he wins MVP......you telling me you wouldn't offer a ~100 mil to a 24 year old MVP?

They think all max contracts are the same. The only way he enters into the discussion with current Joe's max is if he wins MVP......you telling me you wouldn't offer a ~100 mil to a 24 year old MVP?

The max contract is based on the players years in the league......not quality of play.

Absolutely agree JBH...for somebody to post "Payne has more Skill than Millsap already!" is totally absurd. Millsap has been a top quality player out in Utah for years and made the all-star team last year.

Thats like saying Dennis is better than Teague. I mean I like Payne but Milsap has proven nba skills.

This is such a no brainer to me it's silly. Keep the guy who's going to cost at least 12 mil per for the next 6-7 years and who has missed 2 of the last 3 years with major injuries or trade for a young healthy stud who is still on his rookie deal and we can match any offer on in a year? I take Klay and know we've got our guy who's going to be the team leader going forward and a stud at both ends and then I find a stop gap until Bebe is ready at C. Gortat and Klay plus Payne and Patterson added to lady years team and we are going much farther.

Around 5 years 60 million  Id imagine. Dont really see much of Klay but he looks like hes a good shooter but not that good at creating his own shot. 18ppg shooting 44%  and a solid 41% from 3  thats not bad. Just worried that G.S. offense inflates the ppg avr. Its hard to decide whether to trade Al because it always starts with " Well if Als healthy".

Agreed...plus, we get to basically "audition" him in the lead dog role before we have to shell out the big bucks. That would be a good spot to be in.

or would we?...is he restricted?...if so Disregard.

Edited by DJlaysitup

If we're going to trade for klay, lets wait till the trade deadline when we can get him for way cheaper than Horford. At that point warriors will try to get whatever they can as they wont have much leverage.

Actually, if we are going to trade AL...we may have to wait. I would imagine other teams will want to see him in action some after those two torn pectorals.

I am guessing that Al has indicated he will test the market when the time comes, and Ferry would rather trade him than lose him for nothing. 2 years from the end of his contract is as good a point as any to trade him if he is looking to go somewhere else. Act now, or have Josh Smith part 2 on your hands later.

Tell me how giving Klay the max is better than us giving Joe the max? Joe is a much better ball handler and passer than Klay, both really good defenders and shooters.

Joe was much older when we have him the max. Wasn't he 28 or 29? Klay is 24. Klay is the better defender by far as well as the better shooter. Joe was a pretty awesome shooter but Klay is better. Klay has game speed that jj just lacked. I just we will see but if I was a GM I'd roll the dice on Klay.

The thing is with Millsap - he is a proven warrior at the highest level. His only negative is his age. The guy rebounds, has the best post moves on our team (even with a healthy AL), has no health problems, comes to play every night. Having Millsap is kind of like having three Kings in poker - sure you may beat three kings on the draw - going for the flush - but as a rule - bet on the three Kings.

Milsap is at the peak age (29). He has been relatively injury free. He can be at peak performance for another 3-4 years.

The max contract is based on the players years in the league......not quality of play.

Actually.....the max contract for players coming off their rookie contracts can be based on quality of play.....not years in the league.

Look up the "Derrick Rose provision/rule" if you think I'm just pulling your chain.

I think most of y'all are not seeing the big picture with Klay Thompson.

The reason he's on the market is because he's going to get a max deal at the end of this contract. Can the Warriors afford that? No, not unless they want to get rid of Steph Curry. So they know they're almost guaranteed to lose him a once his current deal is up. And what do you do when you know you're going to potentially lose a star? You try to trade him so you at least get something for him. Thompson understands all of this and would be happy to go somewhere where he'll get a max deal.

On another note, anyone using the phrase "a healthy Al Horford" (as in, "you don't trade a healthy Al Horford for Klay Thompson") is making assumptions that I'm not sure are grounded in reality.

They will likely move Lee and Boguts contract before moving Klay.

I'd say Klay will get 5/60 or 5/65. 12/13 a year. I actually think his numbers could get better if he played with some decent bigs vs playing currently with Curry. Curry is the focal point for the dubs while Klay is option 2. Jerry West found a gem in Klay. Hope we can somehow get our hands on him. In the eastern conference Klay would be even more dominant. I'm predicting perennial all star.