• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Passing along some info

DavidSomerset

But here is the question.

Horford contact expires in two years and he will be getting a nice offers from other teams.  There is no indication that we will resign with us.  If he or Milsap give us the best value possible in a trade.  I say go for it.

Whats Klay Thompsons contract situation. Isnt he finishing up his 1st deal soon? If so wont he be looking for a max deal?

Im not sure Klay is a top 5 sg. I think for a long time guys who play at G.S. numbers get inflated because they have always been a run and gun team. True hes only 24 and should get better. If Als healthy that trade just sets us back.

I agree but is there anything out there that can make this work. Is there any 3rd team that could get involved where we can get a decent big man back.

Also how would we feel about this possible lineup?

-Teague

-Klay

-DMC

-Sap

-Gortat or another legit starting caliber center on the level of gortat

Of course I like horford way better than gortat but will this make our team better as a whole?

One who think that if a trade like this happens that Lou is going to be gone with that trade.  Klay is on 4 yr(s) / $9,742,480 contract (from spotac) with a cap hit of 3M.  RFA in a year I think

Edited by NekiEcko

Give me Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. Trade for Kanter.

Kanter

Paul

DMC/Green

Klay

Jeff

Mack

Kyle

Green/DMC/Scott

Payne

Bebe

I ain't gon lie...as much as I like horford and as important as he is...I looked at that lineup two or three times...shiiiiitttt it ain't bad.

But kanter is injury prone I believe plus I don't feel horford is injury prone as much as many of you on the squawk.

One who think that if a trade like this happens that Lou is going to be gone with that trade.

Klay is on

4 yr(s) / $9,742,480 contract (from spotac) with a cap hit of 3M. RFA in a year I think

Lou need to be traded regardless...I see no point holding on to him if bud is going to remain our head coach.

In fact trading Lou should be one of the top priorities.

But here is the question.

Horford contact expires in two years and he will be getting a nice offers from other teams. There is no indication that we will resign with us. If he or Milsap give us the best value possible in a trade. I say go for it.

I also would like to point out that Klay will be a RFA next season who is looking for a max deal which would have to be taken into consideration.

I like the lineup alot and if we can get into the third wheel of that deal, the Hawks can send Al to Timberwolves and can play the PF full time there.  Him/Rubio/Deng(Pek) would be a nice core that they will have their.

I also would like to point out that Klay will be a RFA next season who is looking for a max deal which would have to be taken into consideration. 

But would that leaves a big question about that would the Hawks pay Max for him?

Edited by NekiEcko

I'd love to have Thompson and I think he'd be great in our system, but so is Al. Not sure how we'd find a center, either. But I'd definitely consider this, especially because Al keeps getting hurt, and Thompson is just such a killer from 3 (although he's not really a great at anything else). What would y'all think about an undersized but very quick and skilled lineup like this?

1. Jeff Teague / Shelvin Mack / Dennis Schröder

2. Klay Thomspon / Lou Williams / John Jenkins / Lamar Patterson

3. DeMarre Carroll / Kyle Korver / Mike Scott

4. Paul Millsap / Adreian Payne / Mike Muscala

5. David Lee / Pero Antić / Bebe

David Lee at Center on defense - yuckity yuck.

He's too soft at center. He's more a PF now a days.

Maybe so but today's NBA is a lot different. There aren't many true bangers anymore. Gasol is big and smart and has one of the best post games today. He's a gifted passer and not a horrible shooter. Those are traits that are helpful at least to our offense. I would only be interested in him if it was on a cheaper bargain deal though. I don't see Hawes or Gortat going for that kind of deal considering this is their time to cash in.

• Premium Member

Al is amuch more dynamic player then Klay. Klay is a good scorer but what else does he do? Defend? Pass? Handle the ball?

And on top of that, he wants a max contract. I'll pass even though I don't believe it's being offered. Someone will give him the max and they will later regret it.

Al is amuch more dynamic player then Klay. Klay is a good scorer but what else does he do? Defend? Pass? Handle the ball?

This board always goes overboard with a rumor of Al getting traded. Nothing happening. Atlanta not trading Al and GS not trading Klay. His is as crazy as the Smoove for Steph Curry threads two to three years ago.

If Golden State wants Love they will have to give Klay up or bring a third team like Atlanta to help.

But I know that many people here want to keep Horford but in a age that star type player hook up with other star type players to get rings when his contact up would you think he return to Atlanta?  In the open market, Al is close to max level and there is teams that is willing to pay that much for him (Chicago is one).  But that is a question for another time.