• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Passing along some info

DavidSomerset

A minor issue might be the reason he has missed 2 seasons with injuries that's only happened to one other player in the history of the league?

Yeah.

So you're saying stay in a place where your requests have been disrespected and you have received injury because they are willing to pay you more?

FAcy is real and players move every day.  Horf can be loyal all he wants.  The team can just as easily sign him and a few months later trade him...  I'm sure that Joe, Marvin, and Josh had established roots here.

Horford didn't tear his peck battling for a rebound or while being fouled by a 280 lb center.  He tore his peck on a freak inbound play so it didn't matter whether or not he was playing center or not.  Joe and Marvin were traded.  Josh wasn't given the option of resigning with Atlanta so he had to relocate.

• Like 1

They will likely move Lee and Boguts contract before moving Klay.

1. Easier said than done.

2. That gives you a max of three years of relief if you move both. Thompson's next contract will be twice that long, plus at the end of that three years you have to re-sign Curry for the max.

Horford didn't tear his peck battling for a rebound or while being fouled by a 280 lb center.  He tore his peck on a freak inbound play so it didn't matter whether or not he was playing center or not.  Joe and Marvin were traded.  Josh wasn't given the option of resigning with Atlanta so he had to relocate.

Count me in the group that thinks Horford's injuries are freak injuries. Either way, I wouldn't trade him for Klay. Klay's a good player and plays good defense, but his shot creation is pretty mediocre and he could get overpaid. I'd rather pursue Parsons or Hayward if we're going for young guys. They're all comparable players (in terms of ability).

I ain't gon lie...as much as I like horford and as important as he is...I looked at that lineup two or three times...shiiiiitttt it ain't bad.

But kanter is injury prone I believe plus I don't feel horford is injury prone as much as many of you on the squawk.

It doesn't have to be Kanter necessarily. He was just a name I thought of real quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually.....the max contract for players coming off their rookie contracts can be based on quality of play.....not years in the league.

Look up the "Derrick Rose provision/rule" if you think I'm just pulling your chain.

Yep that's true and I'd forgotten about that one.  Thankfully he won't get that kind of contract.  

But he's still eligible for a contract of 25% of the salary cap or roughly 15 million starting out, just like Chandler Parsons, right? I don't think that either are worth it but if I had to choose between the 2 I'd go with Klay all day. Then again it's more like comparing Parsons AND Horford to just Klay (plus probably David Lee) and in that case gotta go Al and Parsons, if we can get Parsons. 

Count me in the group that thinks Horford's injuries are freak injuries. Either way, I wouldn't trade him for Klay. Klay's a good player and plays good defense, but his shot creation is pretty mediocre and he could get overpaid. I'd rather pursue Parsons or Hayward if we're going for young guys. They're all comparable players (in terms of ability).

Once is a freak injury, twice is a pattern. Whether it's related to the way his body is built or if it's because of training, who knows. I'm hoping it's just the way he used to train and that they've figured it out and corrected it. 

Yep that's true and I'd forgotten about that one. Thankfully he won't get that kind of contract.

But he's still eligible for a contract of 25% of the salary cap or roughly 15 million starting out, just like Chandler Parsons, right? I don't think that either are worth it but if I had to choose between the 2 I'd go with Klay all day. Then again it's more like comparing Parsons AND Horford to just Klay (plus probably David Lee) and in that case gotta go Al and Parsons, if we can get Parsons.

Agreed. If its keeping Horford and adding Parsons that beats Klay. I want no part of David Lee or an often injured Bogut. Bogut would be cool if he could stay healthy.

Joe was much older when we have him the max. Wasn't he 28 or 29? Klay is 24. Klay is the better defender by far as well as the better shooter. Joe was a pretty awesome shooter but Klay is better. Klay has game speed that jj just lacked. I just we will see but if I was a GM I'd roll the dice on Klay.

We also maxed him out as a RFA at 24 years old........granted the max contract for RFA is not as high as URF. Then we maxed him out at 29 as an UFA.

Klay's max will not be as high Bosh, Melo, Wade, and Lebron........you probably know that but it seems based on the tone of the thread people don't get it.

Edited by coachx

Yep that's true and I'd forgotten about that one. Thankfully he won't get that kind of contract.

Exactly - prefer Al and Parsons over Klay and Lee.

How much more $$$ is GSW willing to pay Klay more than Steph? Granted GSW got a steal with Steph because of his ankle injuries.

FAcy can't get here soon enough.

Is Klay eligeble for an extension now or next season?

Once is a freak injury, twice is a pattern. Whether it's related to the way his body is built or if it's because of training, who knows. I'm hoping it's just the way he used to train and that they've figured it out and corrected it. 

Can we rely on his doctors rather than a message board member(s)?

I'd take Klay and Draymond Green over Klay and Lee. Prolly take Klay and Green over Horford and Parsons but that'd be tough. Green is a kind of Warrior(no pun intended) that you want on your team. Defensive guy that has your back. He's all about winning.

Iheartferry and ibelieveinferry are y'all cousins?

I'd like to hear what some of you think Klay Thompson's max deal is going to start at.

This is such a no brainer to me it's silly. Keep the guy who's going to cost at least 12 mil per for the next 6-7 years and who has missed 2 of the last 3 years with major injuries or trade for a young healthy stud who is still on his rookie deal and we can match any offer on in a year? I take Klay and know we've got our guy who's going to be the team leader going forward and a stud at both ends and then I find a stop gap until Bebe is ready at C. Gortat and Klay plus Payne and Patterson added to lady years team and we are going much farther.

If we trade Horf for Klay Thompson and give him big bucks I might dump this team for good.

Thompson is the kind of player that is fun to watch on another team. But he lacks ball handling/passing skills, and I'm not sure he is great at creating his own shots. Plus, we're trading big for small.... And this stuff about Bebe... People need to accept that we're lucky if any of these stash players just turn out to be serviceable as back ups. Counting on them to be top players on the team is silly.

Even as a PF/C Al is a better passing/assist man than Thompson is. He does everything better than him besides shoot 3's. If Klay's jumper is off... He is useless on offense.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

If we trade Horf for Klay Thompson and give him big bucks I might dump this team for good.

Thompson is the kind of player that is fun to watch on another team. But he lacks ball handling/passing skills, and I'm not sure he is great at creating his own shots. Plus, we're trading big for small.... And this stuff about Bebe... People need to accept that we're lucky if any of these stash players just turn out to be serviceable as back ups. Counting on them to be top players on the team is silly.

Even as a PF/C Al is a better passing/assist man than Thompson is. He does everything better than him besides shoot 3's.

This just tells me you've never watched Klay play before. That's what I'm gettin here.

This just tells me you've never watched Klay play before. That's what I'm gettin here.

Dude plays 35 MPG and barely averages 2 APG and 3 boards. His offensive game is worthless if he is having a poor offensive night because he is not going to make his teammates better. And you don't trade big for small unless you're clearly getting the better player and that simply is not the case here.

Even if you ignore that GS would be getting the better player, you know you have to pay Thompson the big bucks soon and he is not worth it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

Even as a PF/C Al is a better passing/assist man than Thompson is. He does everything better than him besides shoot 3's. If Klay's jumper is off... He is useless on offense.

Bebe is going to be a player for us. Tavares who knows but Bebe should be much farther along. 

If that were true about Klay then he wouldn't be so highly sought after. He's a damn fine player and he'd be incredible in our system.