• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Passing along some info

DavidSomerset

Maybe so but today's NBA is a lot different. There aren't many true bangers anymore. Gasol is big and smart and has one of the best post games today. He's a gifted passer and not a horrible shooter. Those are traits that are helpful at least to our offense. I would only be interested in him if it was on a cheaper bargain deal though. I don't see Hawes or Gortat going for that kind of deal considering this is their time to cash in.

That would mean either shifting Millsap to SF, which hurts our spacing, or putting Millsap on the bench as a 6th man. I don't think both options would help the team out significantly.

• Premium Member

Al for Klay sounds like something cooked up as part of a three way to send Love to the Warriors.

Al for Klay doesn't work.

However, Al/Lou for Klay/Bogut does...

Makes sense because GS would be trying to get out of Bogut's contract as well as get their hands on a guy like Horf.

Bogut's contract is long but he's a legit 7 footer who can put in minutes when healthy but he's rarely healthy.  So the real particulars become Klay and Al.  Is Klay a good enough 2 to make us satisfied with a lineup of:

Bogut, Sap, Korver, Klay, and Teague.

And does it mean that Bebe comes over and is really the starter in waiting based on Bogut's health?

I don't know?

• Like 1

Makes sense because GS would be trying to get out of Bogut's contract as well as get their hands on a guy like Horf.

Bogut's contract is long but he's a legit 7 footer who can put in minutes when healthy but he's rarely healthy.  So the real particulars become Klay and Al.  Is Klay a good enough 2 to make us satisfied with a lineup of:

And does it mean that Bebe comes over and is really the starter in waiting based on Bogut's health?

I don't know?

I'm interested in knowing why are you more interested in trading Horford vs Millsap?

• Premium Member

I'm interested in knowing why are you more interested in trading Horford vs Millsap?

I'm not interested in trading Horf.... perse.  I was fixing the rumor.  If Horf for Klay was to happen, they can't do it straight up, other players has to be involved.

As far as keeping Horf vs. keeping Sap.

I would definitely keep Sap.

Here's why.  I see both of them as tradable but I see Horf's FAcy coming up and I really don't see him with reason to stay.  We have not honored his petition to make him a PF.  Instead, we have brought in starting PF after starting PF.  Somebody will offer him money to play PF on a winning team and he's going to take his skills to whereever.

When I look at Sap's free agency, we gave him a platform and he became an allstar... I think that he's loyal.

Moreover, when we played Indy in the playoffs... I looked hard, but I didn't see Horf waiving the rally towel.  I think I saw him at a game but he was not leading the faithful.  As the report stated, this is a tight nit team with good chemistry. Unfortunately Sap was a part of that chemistry and Horf not so much.

I would honestly like to hold on to both for this season to see if they can play together, but the Horford FAcy is a timebomb waiting to explode.

I also would like to point out that Klay will be a RFA next season who is looking for a max deal which would have to be taken into consideration.

He's worth it Jay. Believe me I prolly watch 80-82 hawks games every year and about 60-65 dubs games. It's impossible to avoid living in the bay. Klay is worth the max. 2 way player. Top 3 or 4 shooting guard in the league. Absolute lock down perimeter defender. He's durable, young, no significant injuries. I would say he has the perfect form on his jumper.

It's funny I don't think any player outside of Lebron, KD should be given the max, but when you hear that an Eric Bledsoe is going to ask for max money, then Klay should be considered for max money as well. I think I'd be happiest if we landed Klay over any name thrown out thus far...Parsons, Heyward, Deng, etc.

I'm not interested in trading Horf.... perse.  I was fixing the rumor.  If Horf for Klay was to happen, they can't do it straight up, other players has to be involved.

As far as keeping Horf vs. keeping Sap.

I would definitely keep Sap.

Here's why.  I see both of them as tradable but I see Horf's FAcy coming up and I really don't see him with reason to stay.  We have not honored his petition to make him a PF.  Instead, we have brought in starting PF after starting PF.  Somebody will offer him money to play PF on a winning team and he's going to take his skills to whereever.

When I look at Sap's free agency, we gave him a platform and he became an allstar... I think that he's loyal.

1st of all we drafted 2 centers and secondly, he has 2 years left on his contract vs1 year left on Millsp's contract.  3rdly Horford>>>Millsap!  So unless the Doctors say that there is a good chance that Horford rips his peck muscle a 3rd time, it would be stupid to get rid of the team's best player for no reason at all.  And 4thly, money talks!  We can pay Horfort more than anyone else and 5thly he has mad Atlanta his home so why would he want to leave if we are winning???

I'd love to have Thompson and I think he'd be great in our system, but so is Al. Not sure how we'd find a center, either. But I'd definitely consider this, especially because Al keeps getting hurt, and Thompson is just such a killer from 3 (although he's not really a great at anything else). What would y'all think about an undersized but very quick and skilled lineup like this?

1. Jeff Teague / Shelvin Mack / Dennis Schröder

2. Klay Thomspon / Lou Williams / John Jenkins / Lamar Patterson

3. DeMarre Carroll / Kyle Korver / Mike Scott

4. Paul Millsap / Adreian Payne / Mike Muscala

5. David Lee / Pero Antić / Bebe

Could Payne play center if needed?

• Premium Member

1st of all we drafted 2 centers and secondly, he has 2 years left on his contract vs1 year left on Millsp's contract.  3rdly Horford>>>Millsap!  So unless the Doctors say that there is a good chance that Horford rips his peck muscle a 3rd time, it would be stupid to get rid of the team's best player for no reason at all.  And 4thly, money talks!  We can pay Horfort more than anyone else and 5thly he has mad Atlanta his home so why would he want to leave if we are winning???

I didn't challenge how good Horf was.  Nor did I challenge money... However, what I said is that it was back in 2010 when he asked for us to get a C and move him to PF for the longevity of his career.  2 Pec surgeries later, he's still playing C with no forecast of ever playing PF.  What would you do?

• Like 1

I didn't challenge how good Horf was.  Nor did I challenge money... However, what I said is that it was back in 2010 when he asked for us to get a C and move him to PF for the longevity of his career.  2 Pec surgeries later, he's still playing C with no forecast of ever playing PF.  What would you do?

Take the fing money and play on a winning home town team!  You act like these players don't have families and ties to their community and can just up an leave a great situation over some minor issue which again has been addressed...We drafted 2 centers... one in the 1st round in case you missed it!

• Premium Member

Take the fing money and play on a winning home town team!  You act like these players don't have families and ties to their community and can just up an leave a great situation over some minor issue which again has been addressed...We drafted 2 centers... one in the 1st round in case you missed it!

A minor issue might be the reason he has missed 2 seasons with injuries that's only happened to one other player in the history of the league?

Yeah.

So you're saying stay in a place where your requests have been disrespected and you have received injury because they are willing to pay you more?

FAcy is real and players move every day.  Horf can be loyal all he wants.  The team can just as easily sign him and a few months later trade him...  I'm sure that Joe, Marvin, and Josh had established roots here.

If the Hawks are trying to trade Al it must be because they have no intention of trying to move him to PF. I mean, we know that the centers he is drafting are long term projects.

Yep - and with NO inside information - I would postulate that maybe AL has had enough with the Hawks. His Dad and a good many other high profile people have said that he should be playing PF. Maybe (after the second torn pectoral) AL has come around to their way of thinking (fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me). If AL has requested a trade at least he is doing it right - behind the scenes.

As far as what we can get for AL, even though he is an ex-all-star, we have to realize that other teams will see him as injury prone to an extent and they haven't really seen him at PF much - value but how much?

My first thoughts when we drafted Payne were...either we are doubling up on a position that is already covered, or that we were drafting AL's replacement. We will see.

• Premium Member

I just want to know the Hawks views on the wings we passed on. Like James Young, Rodney Hood and Gary Harris 

Obviouisly, we have our reasons.  For instance, I believe that Hood and Harris and even Hairston were definitely better than Payne but Payne has a NBA ready body and he's a stretch 4.. something that we love here.

I'm going to be watching Charlotte closely.

Trade Millsap not Horford. Give me a break! Payne has more Skill than Millsap already!

Until Payne plays a game in this NBA - I'm taking Milsap.

Bogut's contract is long but he's a legit 7 footer who can put in minutes when healthy but he's rarely healthy. So the real particulars become Klay and Al. Is Klay a good enough 2 to make us satisfied with a lineup of:

I don't know?

Id rather keep Al than have Bogut and pay Klay a max deal.