• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Passing along some info

DavidSomerset

Source on this is good. Not much more I can say for someone who doesn't post much on here, but figured y'all would be interested.

Draft:

The Hawks had Payne ranked #12 on their board. They like him but really wanted Saric. They thought about trading up for him but decided against it. They are very excited for Tavares. They had him ranked 19.

FA:

As has been reported, the Hawks are going to push as hard as they can for Melo or LeBron. Not much expectation anything will happen but they're going to try.

Current team:

Budenholzer and Ferry are incredibly encouraged about the chemistry with the team. Apparently everyone except Lou Williams has been doing voluntary team workouts every day. They have never seen a team this close before.

Trades:

The biggest idea being kicked around is Horford for Klay Thompson. Not sure if I'd want that and neither are they.

Edited by DavidSomerset
  • Like 4

Source on this is good. Not much more I can say for someone who doesn't post much on here, but figured y'all would be interested.

Draft:

The Hawks had Payne ranked #12 on their board. They like him but really wanted Saric. They thought about trading up for him but decided against it. They are very excited for Tavares. They had him ranked 19.

FA:

As has been reported, the Hawks are going to push as hard as they can for Melo or LeBron. Not much expectation anything will happen but they're going to try.

Current team:

Budenholzer and Ferry are incredibly encouraged about the chemistry with the team. Apparently everyone except Lou Williams has been doing voluntary team workouts every day. They have never seen a team this close before.

Trades:

The biggest idea being kicked around is Horford for Klay Thompson. Not sure if I'd want that and neither are they.

I find this to be true but I doubt those trade talks last long unless we are getting a center involved along with klay...maybe a 3 team trade.

Also props to ferry. I love how he atleast has the cap flexibility every off season to atleast try to go after these superstar free agents...he's not likely to land bron or melo but atleast he's putting the team in a position every off season to try. I really like that! All while keeping a competitive team on the floor!.....I see you ferry!

• Like 1

Klay Thompson name has been throw around a lot and not sure why. Horf shouldn't be but at least he had injury concerns. Klay is a top 5 SG and under 24 years old and has room for improvement. Just don't get it. I really don't think he is on the market at all.

• Like 1

Klay Thompson name has been throw around a lot and not sure why. Horf shouldn't be but at least he had injury concerns. Klay is a top 5 SG and under 24 years old and has room for improvement. Just don't get it. I really don't think he is on the market at all.

I think Thompson is on the market if it means that GSW could land Love.

Trade lou so we don't have to stash prospects. Let jenkins and Patterson develop

But what if the Hawks only view them as role players?

If the they were able to get Thompson as a part of a good deal for Horford, he has the ability and potential to be the Manu Ginobli in Bud's system.

Im not sure Klay is a top 5  sg.   I think for a  long time guys who play at G.S. numbers get inflated because they have always been a run and gun team.  True hes only 24 and should get better.  If Als healthy that trade just sets us back.

Give me Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.  Trade for Kanter.

Kanter

Paul

DMC/Green

Klay

Jeff

Mack

Kyle

Green/DMC/Scott

Payne

Bebe

Im not sure Klay is a top 5  sg.   I think for a  long time guys who play at G.S. numbers get inflated because they have always been a run and gun team.  True hes only 24 and should get better.  If Als healthy that trade just sets us back.

But here is the question.

Horford contact expires in two years and he will be getting a nice offers from other teams.  There is no indication that we will resign with us.  If he or Milsap give us the best value possible in a trade.  I say go for it.

I'd love to have Thompson and I think he'd be great in our system, but so is Al.  Not sure how we'd find a center, either.  But I'd definitely consider this, especially because Al keeps getting hurt, and Thompson is just such a killer from 3 (although he's not really a great at anything else).  What would y'all think about an undersized but very quick and skilled lineup like this?

1. Jeff Teague  /  Shelvin Mack  / Dennis Schröder

2. Klay Thomspon /  Lou Williams  /  John Jenkins /  Lamar Patterson

3. DeMarre Carroll  / Kyle Korver  /  Mike Scott

4. Paul Millsap /  Adreian Payne  /  Mike Muscala

5. David Lee / Pero Antić  / Bebe