• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

I am torn. I made a statement yesterday that he need to trade some of the following for un upgrade in talent:

Lou, Jenkins, Dennis, Bebe, Payne, Muscala, Antić

Well he traded some of them so now I am just waiting on the upgrade in talent.

We must really be chasin' after Carmelo... I could care less about Lou but I was really lookin' forward to seein' Bebe this season.  Time will tell...

That's how i feel. ....this  is all about losing Bebe. Whatever plan Ferry has better work ,

or i'm sending Jason Kidd to take his job!

I see what you did there, Ferry. HAS to be the knees, and something serious they know that we don't. Hate to see Bebe go, had big hopes for him (next Noah?). But if he's broken, the Tavares pick makes a lotta sense. Hawks still have their project 5 developing in Spain. A much bigger one, and better shot-blocker, than Bebe. Stoked that Hawks got rid of Lou and cleared $20mil in cap space to pursue 2 great players or a superstar.

We gave away last years 1st round pick to get rid of a guy on a reasonable expiring contract so that we could chase a dream of getting a superstar who's not even interested in listing Atlanta among their destinations. And some people are happy about this? Are you kidding me? 

To get rid of a $5.4 million dollar expiring and likely productive player we gave away last year's 1st round pick and a guy many expected to come over and contribute this year and we got nothing but cap space in return. Let that sink in before you get so giddy of delusions of Lebron or Carmelo playing here. 

Reality check, Bebe was the 16th pick in a very week draft. He also suffered for the first time severe tendinitis in both knees that caused him to miss playing time last season. Add those two things together, he is at best a very late first round pick in this years deep draft. And that is taking a outlook leaning towards the positive side.

Edited by Buzzard

Just think about it folks..

Bebe was sweetner.. a damned sweetner lol

Think about it.  You DON'T need to add a sweetener to get someone to take a $5 million dollar expiring contract, that's a sweetener in itself. How can this be so difficult to understand. 

• Like 1

Reality check, Bebe was the 16th pick in a very week draft. He also suffered for the first time severe tendinitis in both knees that caused him to miss playing time last season. Add those two things together, he is at best a very late first round pick in this years draft. And that is taking a outlook leaning towards the positive side.

Good grief you guys are acting like Tendinitis in his knees are the some degenerative disorder.  It's no big deal athletes get that all the time and they usually play through it. 

• Like 1

Bebe could never be a starter. He is a situational player and doesn't really have that high iq brand of ball. Not a great passer or shooter.

Tavares is all the projects we need. Either way Bebe was never going to play a vital role for a championship contender.

• Like 1

I love how short sighted some of you are.  It's not about Bebe, it's the fact that he didn't get ANY assets in return other than HOPE. But we know Americans will eat up HOPE.  So get a nice big belly full of it as it's likely to end up just as disappointing as last summer. 

At the other end of the spectrum you've got a GM in Morey who gets cap relief while giving away a malcontent who barely played last year AND got a 1st round pick in return.  That's the difference in building for the future while also opening up options for the present and what Ferry is doing mortgaging the future to get some hope now. 

Cap Space = Asset. 

We were not in the running for ANYTHING this season.