• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

We don't have anything close to $20 million in cap space. It is more like $15. After paying Mack about 1.5 mill a year and Scott about 2 mill per year, then Payne 1.75 mill a year, then Muscala 850,000 a year. You are basically back at the $48 million range.

Think about it. You DON'T need to add a sweetener to get someone to take a $5 million dollar expiring contract, that's a sweetener in itself. How can this be so difficult to understand.

What is so hard to understand about the fact that Bebe has no future in the NBA? Really he was just thrown in the trash and what makes you think he could get anything for Bebe? Ferry knows more about Bebe from the report he read on the shitter this morning then anyone on this board. All the damn blog GM's

Cap Space = Asset. 

We were not in the running for ANYTHING this season.

No it's not an asset.  An asset is something you can use going forward.  We would have had that next season anyway with Lou expiring or we could have used him on a deal at the deadline. 

If we don't get some serious talent in here this offseason then we have nothing more to show for this than we would have had if we had stayed the course. 

What is so hard to understand about the fact that Bebe has no future in the NBA? Really he was just thrown in the trash and what makes you think he could get anything for Bebe? Ferry knows more about Bebe from the report he read on the shitter this morning then anyone on this board. All the damn blog GM's

Oh really? I didn't realize you were a scout of NBA talent. Good to know that Bebe has no future in the NBA after 1 season playing overseas. 

I love how short sighted some of you are.  It's not about Bebe, it's the fact that he didn't get ANY assets in return other than HOPE. But we know Americans will eat up HOPE.  

No one can put it any better than this.  It's not about Bebe.  It's about loosing an asset for what will more than likely turn out to be for nothing.

• Like 2

Sign NOBODY and we still lost nothing on this trade.

So much this

No it's not an asset. An asset is something you can use going forward. We would have had that next season anyway with Lou expiring or we could have used him on a deal at the deadline.

If we don't get some serious talent in here this offseason then we have nothing more to show for this than we would have had if we had stayed the course.

Oh really? I didn't realize you were a scout of NBA talent. Good to know that Bebe has no future in the NBA after 1 season playing overseas.

I am not a scout but tend to let professionals do their job and see what comes of it. Ferry is no idiot like BK

No one can put it any better than this.  It's not about Bebe.  It's about loosing an asset for what will more than likely turn out to be for nothing.

That's what I don't get why some are having so much trouble. Some are sitting there with the douche nozzle in their mouths refilling for their next dumb comment but the rest of us are trying to be reasonable here. 

This isn't about Bebe it's the fact that we've turned a 2013 1st round pick and a valuable expiring into cap space to use on guys who aren't even interested in us. 

• Like 2

Yeah you do. Williams had value. Bebe had value. You don't just piss away assets for cap space and not do anything with it.

This! Both were assets. Unless we acquire a real talent via trade with this cap space AND/OR sign a marquee free agent then we've pissed away 2 quality assets. 

I had in high school and still was able to have a productive basketball career. I was 6ft with almost a 42inch vert.

Yep I've had it in knees and elbow and you take NSAID's, rest and ice and drive on. Big freaking deal it's tendinitis. 

• Like 2

Yeah you do. Williams had value. Bebe had value. You don't just piss away assets for cap space and not do anything with it.

It's ok though because Bron Bron and Melo are walking through the door next week...while they wait for their connecting flight to another city.

• Like 4