• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Aren't The Hawks Two Guard "Lite" ?

Highpozt2

As we enter the free-agent frenzy aren't the Hawks lite at the two guard? Kyle Korver, Cartier or Martin and John Jenkins. With $20 million in cap space would it be a good idea to pick up Stuckey (Slasher) or Thabo Sefolosha (defender) for the mid-level along with Small Forward Loul Deng for between 7 to 8 million? That would still leave the Hawks with 5 million on the boards. Starters -- Horford, Milsap, Deng, Korver & Teague. Bench -- Dennis, Stuckey or Thabo, DeMarre, Scott, Antić --- Reserves A. Payne Muscala, Shelvin, Jenkins, Tavares in order of need - of course two of the reserves will be D Leaguers or released.

As we enter the free-agent frenzy aren't the Hawks lite at the two guard? Kyle Korver, Cartier or Martin and John Jenkins. With $20 million in cap space would it be a good idea to pick up Stuckey (Slasher) or Thabo Sefolosha (defender) for the mid-level along with Small Forward Loul Deng for between 7 to 8 million? That would still leave the Hawks with 5 million on the boards. Starters -- Horford, Milsap, Deng, Korver & Teague. Bench -- Dennis, Stuckey or Thabo, DeMarre, Scott, Antić --- Reserves A. Payne Muscala, Shelvin, Jenkins, Tavares in order of need - of course two of the reserves will be D Leaguers or released.

cartier martin is a piston

I think all of us have went over all year about how weak we are at the wing. Thabo lost his jumper and is not worth the MLE at all at this point. Stuckey wouldn't be bad for 5 mill but he can't shoot. And Deng is getting at least 10 million.

• Moderators

No to Rodney Stuck Stuck Stuckey?? I agree!! And remember that's the guy many were wanting instead of Acie and felt we screwed up by losing out on. 

In fairness, his career has been way better than Acie's.  His shooting has to get back on track if he wants to keep a reasonable role on a team, though.  He has fallen off a cliff the last two years (although as terrible as he has been scoring the ball it is still better than a 33% rate on 3's -- that is why a 33% is barely passable, not admirable).

In fairness, his career has been way better than Acie's.  His shooting has to get back on track if he wants to keep a reasonable role on a team, though.  He has fallen off a cliff the last two years (although as terrible as he has been scoring the ball it is still better than a 33% rate on 3's -- that is why a 33% is barely passable, not admirable).

Isn't Acie a champion now though? 

Stuck has never been more than a scorer and it seems he's gotten worse year after year, but honestly I haven't followed him that closely the past 2 years. 

In fairness, his career has been way better than Acie's. His shooting has to get back on track if he wants to keep a reasonable role on a team, though. He has fallen off a cliff the last two years (although as terrible as he has been scoring the ball it is still better than a 33% rate on 3's -- that is why a 33% is barely passable, not admirable).

He only shot one 3 a game last year. He played in pure attack mode last year as a scorer. I think there is a role for that here. Especially without Lou.....who used to be a slasher. We need an aggressive guard who can drive in the paint at will.

He is not a PG but the guy can drive the ball and score.

Edited by coachx

Isn't Acie a champion now though? 

Stuck has never been more than a scorer and it seems he's gotten worse year after year, but honestly I haven't followed him that closely the past 2 years.

That is all we need him for off the bench. I like him on a good contract but would not over pay. Nothing over $5 mill makes sense unless we strike out on higher targets.

I wouldn't mind him in the Lou role. Instant offense off the bench, get to the rim and free throw line. He's such a bull on offense.

How's his defense though? Does he at least make an effort?

I'd rather have JCrossover!

But he's not a free agent.

I wouldn't mind him in the Lou role. Instant offense off the bench, get to the rim and free throw line. He's such a bull on offense.

How's his defense though? Does he at least make an effort?

But he's not a free agent.

Maybe they'd take a 2nd rounder or Jenkins for him just to clear the cap space.

Bring back Jamal!

Austin Rivers with N.O. might ge a good replacement for Lou. It is reported that he is on the block now. Rivers has good assist to turnover numbers and his shooting is improving. He has two years experience and will turn just 22yr old in August.

Obviously, it's going to be:  

KORVER - BAZEMORE - PATTERSON

I'm just not expecting anything from Jenkins. I feel at this point I'll be surprised if he ever does anything for us.

Sheesh, give the guy a break. He played through a BACK INJURY that severely affected his jumpshot. With him now looking to be our new sixth man, I expect great numbers coming out of him.

Sheesh, give the guy a break. He played through a BACK INJURY that severely affected his jumpshot. With him now looking to be our new sixth man, I expect great numbers coming out of him.

Don't get me wrong. I like the kid and I'm rooting for him. I hope he comes in and proves a part of the team and maybe even cracks the rotation. I just think when a career sometimes starts like his does it's hard to catch back up. 

So I didn't mean to sound harsh, my expectations are just at low at this point.

• Like 1