• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Thabo Sefolosha to a 3 years $12 million contract

GrimeyKidd

I now have the first Hawk I will be trading in NBA 2k15 on my PS4. For so many years it was Marvin Super Bust Williams out the door as soon as Sothron started a franchise. Then the last two years it was Jeff Teague. Now? Wow. Welcome to wherever I can find a team dumb enough to take that contract...other than Atlanta.

Hey Soth, how do you trade Thabo to Hawks on nba2k14 on ps4? I seem to have issues trading players lol..thanks

• Premium Member

Thabo was bad in the Western conference Finals against the Spurs and was benched. That is the lasting image that everyone remembers. Just like Hibbert was bad in playoffs and Pero was bad in the playoffs.

How was he in the regular and the other playoff rounds?

He shot a sizzling .415 in the regular season. You read that right. Barely 40% as a wing player. His three point shooting as a "3 and D" guy? An amazing .316.

Thabo was bad in the Western conference Finals against the Spurs and was benched. That is the lasting image that everyone remembers. Just like Hibbert was bad in playoffs and Pero was bad in the playoffs.

How was he in the regular and the other playoff rounds?

Just like Diaw was a fat slob in Charlotte. Spurs organization loves reclamation projects. 

• Like 4

He shot a sizzling .415 in the regular season. You read that right. Barely 40% as a wing player. His three point shooting as a "3 and D" guy? An amazing .316.

You think he lost his shot though? He was an elite shooter before last year. I'm sure that will be the main thing that is worked on this summer.

• Like 2

I am curious to know what the reaction would be had this deal been done AFTER we signed say a Greg Monroe or Luol Deng. Have a feeling a lot of people currently complaining would say something like "Good job Ferry for signing a vet 3 & D roleplayer who fits Bud's system" etc etc etc

Well if something like that happens I'd be happy, but having Thabo be ur first signing after you traded ur first from last year for it just spells underwhelming and mediocrity 

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS BUM IS NOT WORTH A 3YR/12MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT. HE IS WORTH THE VET MIN AT BEST AT THIS STAGE OF HIS CAREER. THAT IS MY PROBLEM WITH THIS SIGNING. WE JUST BLEW 4mil of our cap space on a back up at best.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

You think he lost his shot though? He was an elite shooter before last year. I'm sure that will be the main thing that is worked on this summer.

Your definition of "elite" and my definition of that word are not the same.

And as I said before, the thing that just kills me is we coulda had this guy for peanuts and instead we waste money on a scrub level player. No one was standing in line waiting to give the Thabo's of the world that kind of guaranteed mooney. No one with any sense that is.

• Premium Member

Hey Soth, how do you trade Thabo to Hawks on nba2k14 on ps4? I seem to have issues trading players lol..thanks

You can do it on the roster menu, go into rosters where it lets you trade out players then you can start a GM mode with him on the Hawks.

• Like 1

And just like Ben Gordon people jump in a time machine and ignore the most recent season. Thabo was so bad a team desperate for ANYONE besides Durant/Westbrook to step up not only took him out of the starting lineup but out of the rotation completely. That is when a team officially gives up on you. They made zero effort to bring him back because they saw first hand how bad he was.

Our jumping in there to give him a contract like that is just insane. I mean flat out insane. This is a guy that would be lucky to even BE in the NBA next year when his whole rep as "3 and D" was destroyed because he gave no 3 OR D. This is a guy if we gave a DMC deal to I would at least somewhat understand it. But that many years? for that much each year? God no.

thats bec of scoot brooks terrible offinsive iso ball no ran plays

He is basically an Carroll.  Great defender and essentially invisible on offense.  To Carroll's credit he did have a career year here and Thabo is coming off arguably his worst season as a professional.  The more you think about this signing the more you wonder, why?

Your definition of "elite" and my definition of that word are not the same.

And as I said before, the thing that just kills me is we coulda had this guy for peanuts and instead we waste money on a scrub level player. No one was standing in line waiting to give the Thabo's of the world that kind of guaranteed mooney. No one with any sense that is.

42-44% from 3 is elite 3 point shooting. 

I'm more mad at the years (2 with a team option should of been the deal IMO) than the $. 

How do you know Thabo could of been had for the minimum? Role players have been getting paid well thise offseason. Ben Gordon got 4.5 million.

Edited by GameTime

We got a good defender with loads of experience against top competition in the West. This is not the last of our signings; its only the first. I would have preferred Deng, but Deng may have priced himself out of our market.

Now lets see what happens with Mr. Salmons....

• Like 2

32% from 3 last year.   That's Pero type shooting.

Yeah and 42% the year before and 35% for his career.  I think I'll be confident that he'll be much closer to his career numbers and then some in our system.

He's always been a very good defensive player as well. 

He's not a star but that's why he's only getting 4 million per season. Every team needs quality bench players who can defend and that's all this signing is about. No way we signed him to start for us with Korver and DMC already here. 

• Like 3