• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offering Pau Gasol 11 million a year [Update: Signing with Chicago]

GameTime

Fans should throw roses at Gasol's feet if he signed with us. All everyone does is moan and beeyatch that DF can't land a player or a player doesn't want to play in Atlanta. Then when one does either A. The player sucks in the fans eyes or B. He's overpaid. Put a competitive and entertaining team on the floor is all I ask for now and let Bud develop and implement his system.

• Like 2

Jordan Hill is making 9 million. FA is crazy this year.

Gasol gives us a legit post scorer for the first time since.... ever. He always fits our system to a tee. 

All of this is null and void since he fits the Spurs to a tee and they are champions.

If it is a 2 year deal i'm not mad.

So, because of FA is crazy, should we give some crazy contracts? No, in that case I would prefer that we don't move. If it's a one year contract I wouldn't be opposed.

So, because of FA is crazy, should we give some crazy contracts? No, in that case I would prefer that we don't move. If it's a one year contract I wouldn't be opposed.

11 mill for Pau is not crazy at all for a year or 2. He would make us legit contenders in the East (if we got a couple more shooters) for the next 2 years. If the Spurs get him they will be unstoppable. He fits our system to a tee. Much better than giving Monroe a maxed 4-5 year deal.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 3

11 mill for Pau is not crazy at all for a year or 2. He would make us legit contenders in the East (if we got a couple for shooters) for the next 2 years. If the Spurs get him they will be unstoppable. He fits our system to a tee. Much better than giving Monroe a maxed 4-5 year deal.

He is not a difference-maker anymore. Millsap and Horford are much better at this moment. We need a top wing, if not, let's offer him a one year deal like we did with Brand. If he wants more, just pass.

"Late pitch" just screams, "Hey Ferry, the fans don't like our huge Sef signing and Salmons waive. We need to make a late pitch for a name! But who? Oh Gasol! Just make it seem like we are after someone to use as an excuse that we tried when he signs with the Spurs!".

• Like 1