• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The East is wide open for the hawks....

JTB

Now that the Miami Big 3 is no more, the east is wide open for our hawks to get a high seed and a 50 win season.

If ferry could add just one damn potential all star to the team we already have...I think hawk fans can see a possibly ECF is more likely than ever.

Think about it! We are one guy away from a sure 1-3 seed as well as possibly ECF contender! One good signing can put us into some serious contention! Let's hope we can take advantage of this opportunity this season so the hawks can get their name out there for a future likely destination for free agents.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Now that the Miami Big 3 is no more, the east is wide open for our hawks to get a high seed and a 50 win season.

If ferry could add just one damn potential all star to the team we already have...I think hawk fans can see a possibly ECF is more likely than ever.

Think about it! We are one guy away from a sure 1-3 seed as well as possibly ECF contender! One good signing can put us into some serious contention! Let's hope we can take advantage of this opportunity this season so the hawks can get their name out there for a future likely destination for free agents.

three potential all stars when healthy. And. A great supporting cast

I thought all day yesterday about starting a thread like this. I dont understand some of the negativity about our roster. Were rite in the mix to win the east. There is no proven team in the east anymore, its up for grabs.  and if we somehow get ahold of Gasol.....

Well most say if Horford stayed healthy we would have finished 3rd behind Ind and Miami.  We should have Horf back and added a couple of defensive wings plus Payne. Miami arent the team they were, Clevland obviously improve to a playoff team but certainly not unbeatable. Toronto, Wizards and Bobcats are in the mix. Its a fight but its one we can win.

• Premium Member

Well most say if Horford stayed healthy we would have finished 3rd behind Ind and Miami. We should have Horf back and added a couple of defensive wings plus Payne. Miami arent the team they were, Clevland obviously improve to a playoff team but certainly not unbeatable. Toronto, Wizards and Bobcats are in the mix. Its a fight but its one we can win.

Not to mention we are returning guys in year 2 of Bud's system and if injuries bite we are more prepared than last year to handle them with much more quality depth. I like our chances, dont understand the pessimism at all.

Devil's advocate here, but I wouldn't call it wide open. I like our team... But somebody just returned to Cleveland with an all star MVP PG. They have young pieces everywhere...

Cleveland is winning the East IMO. Maybe we can meet them in the ECF.

They better win the east after being served four #1 picks on the same team (not including Waiters). If they fail the rigging of the system has failed.

• Like 1

• Moderators

They better win the east after being served four #1 picks on the same team (not including Waiters). If they fail the rigging of the system has failed.

Other teams have collected high draft picks (Miami had Beasley, Oden, Allen, etc. for example) but actually drafting all those #1s yourself. ..crazy.

Other teams have collected high draft picks (Miami had Beasley, Oden, Allen, etc. for example) but actually drafting all those #1s yourself. ..crazy.

Exactly.. include that they won two of those #1 picks from the #8 and #9 slot to the mix... well you have a big ole pile of horse @#$%..

The odds are just to great and the timing just to shady for anyone to convince me this was not a total rig job..

• Like 1

Cleveland definitely becomes the team to beat. LeBron James leading a team filled with a couple of young All Star caliber players is going to be a big hump to get over. Chicago will be very good especially if they pick up Gasol. I think we can pass Indiana now that we have improved our depth on the wings and added who I think will be a VERY good backup this year in Payne.

Even though the All Star game is an exhibition the MVP history is pretty impressive.  It's not like the fringe all stars are winning it.  MVP caliber/future HOF players have consistently won them.

Even though the All Star game is an exhibition the MVP history is pretty impressive.  It's not like the fringe all stars are winning it.  MVP caliber/future HOF players have consistently won them.

I don't know, the ASG MVP is just the person who decides to be the most selfish on that particular evening.  I've seen And1 teams play better defense than what we see in that game.

I do agree that Kyrie (and all of CLE's players) will benefit tremendously from playing with LeBron, though.

Whoever comes out of the east is getting  destroyed by the team that comes out of the west. The east being wide open isn't a good thing if it can't produce a team that can realistically beat the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, etc in 7 games.