• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where We Are At - Saturday Evening

MrNique

Yeah, targets getting thin. Ferry did his best, but A) a lot of money out there this summer and we're not in a place to overpay and B) we aren't there yet as far as reputation goes. Gasol going to Chicago.

Where are we at?

1. I think we could be done at Wing. I could see us taking another one of its a starter like Deng, but none left. The only player left that seemingly fits system is Shawn Marion. But I think long shot. We'll need to see how Thabo/Bazemore pan out before we known if we're better but is much needed D even if neither project as a starter.

2. Gasol makes me think he's looking at Bigs as Wings have dried up. Monroe is the obvious target left. But our 11 or so won't get it done unless they agree to a S&T. Detroit will match. What's left? Emeka Okafor and Chris Anderson probably best available. But Okafor injured and to be fair, neither fit the offense. Its be a R&D fill to counter Antić. But why not bring back Brand? Ryan Hollins lingers further down and could fit offense, but is he better than Antić? In that case just bring back Ayón.

3. Whose left that's any good? Bledsoe? No need unless we move Teague in another deal. He'd probably be matched anyway. Lance Stephenson? No way Ferry pays this guy. Unless he feels like he needs to use the money and does a 2-year deal. His personality is just opposite of who Ferry adds.

(Riffing on my own Bledsoe thought. What about a S&T of Monroe for Teague. And S&T Bledsoe for Milsap replacing Frye for them. Bledsoe - Korver - DMC - Horford - Monroe? Better? Not sure and a S&T pope dream.)

4. Trade. In this case I have no idea what Ferry is looking at. But if Bazemore is going into our Room Exception we still have 11 to spend and fill. Maybe we don't use it all and go into season with some cap space.

I love Bazemore/Thabo for 6. But sad we couldn't get anything else going. Let's see what Ferry does.

Edited by MrNique

Ferry did his best

I really hope this wasn't his best or we're in more trouble than we know.  And before those of you that like to say "he can't force guys to sign here" you're right but the job of your GM is to be able to sell his vision to players and clearly no one important thinks his vision is worth playing for.  But there's always next off season...right?

• Like 4

Boozer could be an option if hes bought out. I dont want Birdman and I doubt Ferry will either. Its tough pickens thats for sure. Looks like we may have to rely on a trade.

I think Boozer is a little redundant but he is a solid and if we haven't used the space maybe Ferry will put in a bid just to add a player of quality.

He's another wing and not a very good shooter but Al-Farouq Aminu is young, from the area, plays defense, and is an elite rebounder at his position which this team is in dire need of.  Like to see him on this team if he's cheap and Scott isn't brought back.

• Like 1

If we are going to sign a low key player on the cheap & call it a day then my guy is Matt Bonner. The only reason being is that he has been in the Spurs system since what? 2006? He knows what Bud wants to do and can help the team in that sense and bang a 3 off the bench. Rather have Bonner hoisting 3's then Pero thats for sure. 

• Premium Member

Wait, so Deng would take less money to play with the Heat, but wants the Hawks to pay him more than 12 per? Dueces.

Wait, so Deng would take less money to play with the Heat, but wants the Hawks to pay him more than 12 per? Dueces.

Shaq pulled that same crap - wanted the MLE from the Hawks but was willing to take the vet min from a team like Boston.

This would burn my ass. Right now Deng is supposingly "weighing his options". I wish we knew exactly what they were. I highly doubt we have moved on from him. If Ferry threw a hail mary w/ Gasol then why cut off talks w/ Deng. Hope we can still make this happen. 

• Premium Member

Once HOU makes a decision on Parsons, Deng will sign somewhere, and then we can get on to some move that will actually be significant. There is no free agent left who I believe is a difference-maker, though there are some contributors.

• Moderators

Deng Fever!

~lw3

Once HOU makes a decision on Parsons, Deng will sign somewhere, and then we can get on to some move that will actually be significant. There is no free agent left who I believe is a difference-maker, though there are some contributors.

Exactly.  Once Parsons gets settled it can potentially add Deng to another team's list.  That's why he probably will wait to make a decision since if Hou matches Dallas will turn their money to Deng and will drive the price up on him.  He's sitting in a pretty good spot to make more money.