Schröder Summer League Game 1

vdunkndunk

A few quick thoughts on Schröder after watching his first summer league game this year:

-He needs to get stronger and little more crafty about finishing his drives. He could get to the basket almost whenever he wanted, but over and over again the ball just rimmed out - I'd like to see him study the way Tony Parker finishes drives, and I'd like to see him develop a floater as well.

-Needs a jump shot badly. Still very shaky there.

-Needs to stop wasting possessions. Every now and then he just throws the ball away for no apparent reason.

-Needs to stop picking up cheap fouls on defense.

Overall he didn't look nearly as bad as his box score suggested, but I'd say he's still two years away from being an effective NBA player.

I think the most important question about Schröder right now is whether he can cover Mack's minutes. That would allow us to cut ties with Mack and use that money elsewhere. Might be too late in free agency to maximize that value though.

I think the most important question about Schröder right now is whether he can cover Mack's minutes. That would allow us to cut ties with Mack and use that money elsewhere. Might be too late in free agency to maximize that value though.

If yesterday was any indication, he can not

• Like 1

I definitely want Mack back next season.  We need consistency at the backup PG spot and Mack provides that,

Schröder looks like he has put on a decent bit of muscle mass since last year's summer league.  He swished two elbow extended jumpers but he badly airballed the only 3 that I saw him attempt.

I watch them on Direct TV on the NBA TV channel 216. All summer league games are televised there.

Not live though. I believe yesterday's game didn't air until early this morning.

Today's game against D-League select is on NBA TV at 4am. On summer league app and on ballstreams it's live at 6:30 tonight.

A few quick thoughts on Schröder after watching his first summer league game this year:

-He needs to get stronger and little more crafty about finishing his drives. He could get to the basket almost whenever he wanted, but over and over again the ball just rimmed out - I'd like to see him study the way Tony Parker finishes drives, and I'd like to see him develop a floater as well.

-Needs a jump shot badly. Still very shaky there.

-Needs to stop wasting possessions. Every now and then he just throws the ball away for no apparent reason.

-Needs to stop picking up cheap fouls on defense.

Overall he didn't look nearly as bad as his box score suggested, but I'd say he's still two years away from being an effective NBA player.

Some of this is really wrong.

He looked quite impactful especially in the 1st half. He showed, not flashed. To say he isn't ready to be effective is bunk. He can be plenty effective.

His jump shot looked fine, it was his 3 pt attempt that looked awful.

Finishing is an area where he needs to improve.

He didn't waste many possessions yesterday. You are overracting to two bad lazy passes. Last year, he would have a handful a game with limited mins played. Now that was annoying and he does need to nip it in the butt but lets be real, if we are judging Jeff this way, you wouldn't say he's effective at all.

This was bunk for the most part. I can't agree. You took some problems and act like it was happening all game. I can't agree with this at all.

• Like 2

Not live though. I believe yesterday's game didn't air until early this morning.

Today's game against D-League select is on NBA TV at 4am. On summer league app and on ballstreams it's live at 6:30 tonight.

Yea for some reason the hawks are playing on court B. All the court A games are live. I DVR and watch them all. Hawks game was replayed at 6am.

Yeah he was. I was watching it. He balled hard in the 4th quarter. Mike had a great put back dunk. Tavares gonna play in this league in my opinion. Just needs time. id rather have him on the bench getting some work against NBA talent but we need to get him a big man coach. 

• Like 1

Yeah he was. I was watching it. He balled hard in the 4th quarter. Mike had a great put back dunk. Tavares gonna play in this league in my opinion. Just needs time. id rather have him on the bench getting some work against NBA talent but we need to get him a big man coach. 

That's what Darvin Ham is.

He is

Now that is good news on the heels of the past few days of FA. I really hope he takes a serious step forward this season.

I really want the Hawks to show the FA market what they missed out on by opting to play elsewhere.