• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Assume we are done with 2014 FA....

Final_quest

Let's say we are done with free agency for the year.  I have two questions:

1.) What kind of deals are we able to make with other teams this next year now that we have capspace to give us flexibility to take on salary?

2.) Understanding that the cap for 2015 has not been set, approximately how much will we have to spend next offseason?

Im still having a hard time with the fact that Gasol and Deng turned us down.

Can you really say that a Gasol-less Bulls team is better than a Hawks team WITH Gasol? We'd be in the ECF with him IMO. And we offered more. Same thing with Deng but to a lesser extent.

Add to the fact that we could maneuver the space to bring in Marc Gasol next year and it just makes no sense. Why won't you love usssss???

• Premium Member

I don't get why everyone is high on the a Bulls either. Rose has not proved he is healthy yet.......I just get the feeling he is eroding like Gilbert Arenas did after knee injuries.

I don't get it at all. My only guess is respect for Thibadeau. He's more of a sure thing.

I keep telling myself after Bud has another year of success we will be in better shape. He made an all star out of Millsap and almost took down Indiana. If he does more with less again can they continue to ignore us?

• Like 1

Yeah Hawks are much better than the Bulls and Heat. Rose and wade are broken. Then Bulls have Noah and a bunch of role players while the heat have Bosh and a bunch of bums like a Granger and mcroberts. I'm shocked Gasol and Deng think they present better opportunities to win than us.

• Like 2

I don't get why everyone is high on the a Bulls either. Rose has not proved he is healthy yet.......I just get the feeling he is eroding like Gilbert Arenas did after knee injuries.

Same thing can be said about Miami. But even worse. If they don't get a decent output from Wade, they won't be very good either. 

Chalmers

Wade(If not, yikes)

Deng

Bosh

Anderson

Really Deng? How can anyone think that is better than the Hawks. I will give him the fact that it is Miami though. 

Gasol taking less to go to Chicago just irks me. 

Next move for the Hawks market team: False hope for next summer's FA. And the beat goes on.

We got Milsap and Carroll last summer. That's pretty good......and Ferry got them at HIS price.

Ferry will not over pay and I respect that. He has rules and he sticks to them.

Deng and Gasol reportedly had good offered from us and turned them down.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think a front line of Gasol and Noah will be pretty good. Gasol is the best low post player in the east now. We have no one on our roster that can match up and guard him at 7-0. Miami will of course be down but with Bosh and advent up front they will be a tough matchup.

I know we all love the Hawks but we are about 5th or so in the east.

• Premium Member

Same thing can be said about Miami. But even worse. If they don't get a decent output from Wade, they won't be very good either. 

Chalmers

Wade(If not, yikes)

Deng

Bosh

Anderson

Really Deng? How can anyone think that is better than the Hawks. I will give him the fact that it is Miami though. 

Gasol taking less to go to Chicago just irks me.

According to reports DF got in on Gasol at the last minute.

I think a front line of Gasol and Noah will be pretty good. Gasol is the best low post player in the east now. We have no one on our roster that can match up and guard him at 7-0. Miami will of course be down but with Bosh and advent up front they will be a tough matchup.

The point being if we had Gasol and they didn't. You don't think we would be 2nd or 3rd in the east and they'd be 5th? 

• Like 1

That center in Toronto disagrees. He's an absolute bully in the paint. 

And a front line of Gasol and Horford sounds better though. Add in Milsap, Korver and Teague. That is a dominant lineup. Our bench is loaded as well

We got Milsap and Carroll last summer. That's pretty good......and Ferry got them at HIS price.

Ferry will not over pay and I respect that. He has rules and he sticks to them.

Deng and Gasol reportedly had good offered from us and turned them down.

I do agree about not going gangbusters with the budget, but at some point you might have to spend a little extra. Like everyone has said, were Atlanta. Were not really the hottest spot to be. 

But we are built extremely well to be flexible, even if we DID pay a little extra for somebody. 

Im not saying I would have paid Parsons 15, but lets just say we did. Next year we would have 10 million coming off the books in Millsap. We would hopefully have Payne and Moose to replace him or move Horford. Also, hopefully Schröder would be ready and we COULD move on from Teague to free up another 8 million. We then have almost enough to offer another max offer. Our lineup COULD look like this. 

Schröder

Korver/Carroll

Parsons

Horford

Gasol or Drummond

OR

Schröder

Klay Thompson

Parsons

Payne

Horford

Thats prettttyyy dang sexy lol. And I know wed have a hard time resigning Horford the year after that. If Payne was ready we could just let him go. If not we could try to trade him for a cheaper, young SG. 

Sooner or later were going to have to start utilizing these cheap young rookies for something other than depth. Theres definitely risks in tying up that money, but the Rockets have proved that you can work around it. And Millsap and Teague are much better assets than Lin and Asik. 

I'm hoping we trade Millsap at the deadline for picks. This team barring a trade is just going nowhere.

I disagree. If we stay healthy with what we have now we are a top 4 seed easily I think. Honestly who really scares you in the East now? I think we are as good as anyone in the East. No team is hands down better than the other. It's wide open now.

• Like 1