• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speculation: Horford for Wiggins.

Diesel

What if they asked for Millsap and Korver? Just a hypothetical.

What would you need in return and would you ever say yes? I don't think I would.

I think that would be more realistic (not saying we should do it).  I just can't see many GMs willing to bet their paychecks that a guy with two torn pecs in his career will hold up long term.  You (Cavs GM) trade Wiggins for AL and he gets hurt again and everybody will say - "what an idiot!".  You get Korver too and he does good and it would lessen the blow if AL goes down again.

That's OK though - I'm hoping we keep AL, transition him to forward, and he has a long and fruitful career as a Hawk.

• Premium Member

That team does not win anything. Trade Al and get younger so these guy grow together

Iheart....  Every team needs vet Leadership.

This team may not win this year.  But this team will certainly make a lot of noise.   Since Al has been here, he has been a leader.  When I mentioned early that total rebuilds don't work, the reason is because usually, you make the mistake of throwing out all the leadership.

Hawk example.

When we traded away Mookie for a draft pick and Smith for Jim Jackson and J.R. Rider.. we got a lot younger... we even drafted Jet Terry.  But we were the most chemistryless team in the game.  We had Terry looking to J.R. Rider for guidance on the court.  And Rider was happy to oblige... "give me the ball".   By midseason, Terry was deferring everything to Rider and Terry never did learn to run an offense.

However, had we kept Steve Smith, Terry would have matured better.

The old gm said that. The new gm Lebron James hasnt commented on the situation yet. However in his state of the Cavs address in sports illustrated he didnt even mention the kid.

Wiggins does nothing to help Leflop in his prime years. When Wiggins is ready Leflop will be heading down the hill.

The old gm said that. The new gm Lebron James hasnt commented on the situation yet. However in his state of the Cavs  address in sports illustrated he didnt even mention the kid.

Hahaha.

What if they asked for Millsap and Korver? Just a hypothetical.

What would you need in return and would you ever say yes? I don't think I would.

Millsap and Korver for Wiggins? Yes. In a heartbeat. Without thinking twice.

Or did you mean Millsap and Korver in addition to Horford? In that case, no thanks. That's way too much I think.

Wiggins does nothing to help Leflop in his prime years. When Wiggins is ready Leflop will be heading down the hill.

So why give our players to the Cavs, the Cavs you say so they can win a title before the Hawks?

Let LBJ be the  leader of the young team.

Iheart.... Every team needs vet Leadership.

This team may not win this year. But this team will certainly make a lot of noise. Since Al has been here, he has been a leader. When I mentioned early that total rebuilds don't work, the reason is because usually, you make the mistake of throwing out all the leadership.

Hawk example.

When we traded away Mookie for a draft pick and Smith for Jim Jackson and J.R. Rider.. we got a lot younger... we even drafted Jet Terry. But we were the most chemistryless team in the game. We had Terry looking to J.R. Rider for guidance on the court. And Rider was happy to oblige... "give me the ball". By midseason, Terry was deferring everything to Rider and Terry never did learn to run an offense.

Okay I will play the game. So you want leadership , so let's insert Al as the vet leadership you say is needed. So why sign Monroe to a contract? Monroe is a decent player and all but not a big impact guy.

Also trying to use an head case like J.R. Ryder as an example in comparison does not work. Ever!

So why give our players to the Cavs, the Cavs you say so they can win a title before the Hawks?

Let LBJ be the leader of the young team.

well Wiggins would be the prize and not giving away anything. If it helps the future of the Hawks then why not?

well Wiggins would be the prize and not giving away anything. If it helps the future of the Hawks then why not?

Sorry, IMO - I just don't see 'superstar' in Wiggins.

I could be totally wrong though.

Good point - you never know but a 360 dunk in S. League does not mean the guy will be a superstar.  He has work to do on his outside shot and in other areas.  It's always a gamble.

Iheart....  Every team needs vet Leadership.

This team may not win this year.  But this team will certainly make a lot of noise.   Since Al has been here, he has been a leader.  When I mentioned early that total rebuilds don't work, the reason is because usually, you make the mistake of throwing out all the leadership.

Hawk example.

When we traded away Mookie for a draft pick and Smith for Jim Jackson and J.R. Rider.. we got a lot younger... we even drafted Jet Terry.  But we were the most chemistryless team in the game.  We had Terry looking to J.R. Rider for guidance on the court.  And Rider was happy to oblige... "give me the ball".   By midseason, Terry was deferring everything to Rider and Terry never did learn to run an offense.

and we then had an abyss of bad trades after that. Just going off memory we traded Deke for Theo Ratliff/Kukoc when a year earlier we could have had Steve Nash in a deal for Deke. We gave up the 3rd pick in the drat for Reef and the 8th pick for Big Dog. I think Big Dog/ Reef and Jet were called the big 3 if Im not mistaken, lol the original.

Edited by NJHAWK

and we then had an abyss of bad trades after that. Just going off memory we traded Deke for Theo Ratliff/Kukoc when a year earlier we could have had Steve Nash in a deal for Deke. We gave up the 3rd pick in the drat for Reef and the 8th pick for Big Dog. I think Big Dog/ Reef and Jet were called the big 3 if Im not mistaken, lol the original.

uuuhhhhh...don't remind me please.

And you could be right. Or you may be right , but why not take a chance?

• Premium Member

Okay I will play the game. So you want leadership , so let's insert Al as the vet leadership you say is needed. So why sign Monroe to a contract? Monroe is a decent player and all but not a big impact guy.

Also trying to use an head case like J.R. Ryder as an example in comparison does not work. Ever!

Monroe put Al at PF.   Monroe will be a big impact guy...on this team. 

And you could be right. Or you may be right , but why not take a chance?

And while we're taking chances the Cavs are winning rings with vet players.

• Premium Member

Ouch, those painful memories. That stuff right there is what made us a joke of a franchise. We finally get a good GM but he can't wipe away the scars of the past so easily. He is off to a good start.

I think that would be more realistic (not saying we should do it). I just can't see many GMs willing to bet their paychecks that a guy with two torn pecs in his career will hold up long term. You (Cavs GM) trade Wiggins for AL and he gets hurt again and everybody will say - "what an idiot!". You get Korver too and he does good and it would lessen the blow if AL goes down again.

That's OK though - I'm hoping we keep AL, transition him to forward, and he has a long and fruitful career as a Hawk.

Yup and I think Korver could help LeBron more than Wiggins could in the next 4 years.

LeBron and Korver is just scary

And while we're taking chances the Cavs are winning rings with vet players.

Are we going to win championships when Lebron is in the East regardless? Would you rather build a potential superstar or stand pat and get beat on national TV in the 1st or 2nd round a couple more times before Horford bolts in FA?

• Like 1

Are we going to win championships when Lebron is in the East regardless? Would you rather build a potential superstar or stand pat and get beat on national TV in the 1st or 2nd round a couple more times before Horford bolts in FA?

As of now we are perfectly capable of beating Clevland, especially with the team of perimeter defenders we have to harrass Lebron. Now we will see who Clevland adds.