• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speculation: Horford for Wiggins.

Diesel

• Premium Member

They aren't trading Wiggins.

Maybe a smokescreen to see if they can get Love for Less.  Minny is in a really bad spot now.    Lebron didn't sign up for 2 years of baby sitting.   Cleveland has the obligation to do what Miami couldn't and that's build a team of winners around him.  

Forget the trade though.

It's refreshing to see the value attached to Horford in a Somewhat "National" blog.  Could have been anybody but the writer said why Horf is better than Bosh, more defensive than Love, and didn't mention guys like Aldridge, etc...  Makes you really appreciate Horf more.

• Premium Member

True, but I just really hope we can have him healthy and at 100% for a full season + our 3 seed in the playoffs.

I used to could say that Horford's injuries were just freak and not chronic.  Now, I can't say anything.  I still want to believe that it was a freak injury...

From a trade standpoint, Horford still has very good value and with 2 years left on his contract, this is the best time to trade him for value.  That is if you believe that he won't hold up.

From a playing standpoint, next to Millsap, I can't see Bud finding an offense that succeeds without a low post or lane presence.  I think Horf's PNR offense from the high post will prosper... but I think Sap's offense will not be at the level that he was last year.  That's a bad thing in Sap's final year.

From a community standpoint, Horf has made a thriving connection with the Hispanic community and the Hawks.

So reports suggest Cavs are finally offering Wiggins for Love. Our chance for a Horford/Wiggins trade would be if the Warriors now break and include Klay for Love and a GS deal gets done, leaving the Cavs with the Horford option as it's last resort. Then we can play ball and not accept a Horford trade until it includes Wiggins.

Either way, if we get Wiggins, we should decide to start rebuilding and get as much draft picks and prospects we can. Roll with Dennis, Wiggins and Payne, while putting up Teague and Millsap for trades (draft picks, etc). We could turn the future of the team around quickly in that situation.

• Premium Member

So reports suggest Cavs are finally offering Wiggins for Love. Our chance for a Horford/Wiggins trade would be if the Warriors now break and include Klay for Love and a GS deal gets done, leaving the Cavs with the Horford option as it's last resort. Then we can play ball and not accept a Horford trade until it includes Wiggins.

Either way, if we get Wiggins, we should decide to start rebuilding and get as much draft picks and prospects we can. Roll with Dennis, Wiggins and Payne, while putting up Teague and Millsap for trades (draft picks, etc). We could turn the future of the team around quickly in that situation.

Total rebuilds rarely work.

Moreover, we have good players on this team that can allow Wiggins to grow as a starter.   I still don't think his toolbox is all there.   If there were a Horf for Wiggins trade to go down, we'd take back Wiggins and Bennett more than Likely.  By my count, we'd have plenty of Capspace.   Enough to shoot a massive deal at Monroe.

This is your rebuild.

Monroe, Sap, Wiggins, Korver, and Teague.

• Like 1

I'm more interested in having Wiggins for his defense (the scoring will come). If Dennis turns out how we hope, having him and Wiggins with their length on defense would be ideal.

Diesel, I agree with your statement on not fully rebuilding. But Millsap should be shopped unless you plan on re-signing him to a bigger contract. Teague can stay if you don't want to take your bumps with Dennis yet. Agree with a Monroe offer though.

Minny wants K-mart added to any Love deal. Which means Cavs would have to unload more players in a deal. A pro-Horford trade would be that we only ask for Wiggins, not Wiggins plus take back a horrible contract.

Edited by RWF

• Premium Member

If the stars did align and Love went to GS...and the Cavs came a calling on us for Horford and they were offering Wiggins and Bennett.

I don't see turning this down.  Granted, Bennett doesn't make the needle move at all.  However, Wiggins is the type of prospect that can be a superstar in this league.  Just what our franchise been needing and will never get any other way.

• Premium Member

What if they asked for Millsap and Korver? Just a hypothetical.

What would you need in return and would you ever say yes? I don't think I would.

For Wiggins?

I would do it.   How many times do we get a shot at a potential superstar.  I love Korver.. Really do.  I would hate to see Korver with the King.   But if in three years, Wiggins can be that guy ready to kick Lebron off his throne and he's here in Atlanta.... Korver would be one of those bitter sweet trades.

What if they asked for Millsap and Korver? Just a hypothetical.

What would you need in return and would you ever say yes? I don't think I would.

Yes you do that trade asap. And then afterwards you go to the likes of OK and Dallas to see what they would offer for Al . Easy peezy

• Premium Member

Yes you do that trade asap. And then afterwards you go to the likes of OK and Dallas to see what they would offer for Al . Easy peezy

Nope.  You make a bid at Monroe that Detroit won't match...

Monroe, Horf, Wiggins, BazeGod, Teague.  

I call it... Young and Frisky!

• Like 1

Nope. You make a bid at Monroe that Detroit won't match...

Monroe, Horf, Wiggins, BazeGod, Teague.

I call it... Young and Frisky!

That team does not win anything. Trade Al and get younger so these guy grow together

They aren't trading Wiggins.

The old gm said that. The new gm Lebron James hasnt commented on the situation yet. However in his state of the Cavs  address in sports illustrated he didnt even mention the kid.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1