• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We don't need no stinking SFs.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I guess there's this thing called fan boredom.  Because we have money and we're not moving, we just want anything that's available.  I say kill that noise.... We don't need a SF... Especially not some old guy who never could shoot or some other guy whoose only thing is rebounding.  Let it go.

DMC and Korver should be well on this team.

Plus, we the Scott too.

Then at the 2 we have Bazemore, Thabo, and Patterson.

We're good.

The only thing we lack is star power or star potential.   The only FA with that is Monroe.  If we pull out the check book, it should be for Monroe.

Say Hello to your current Hawks:

Horford, Antić, Muscala

Millsap, Payne, Scott

DMC, Korver

Bazemore, Thabo, Patterson

Teague, Mack, Dennis

It's not a pretty team, but we will win games.   We will also have money to blow and we can make trades.

I dont see monroe as having star potential since he is a liability on the defensive end. I dont mind having a guard that is weak on defense. Giving big money to a C that is a weak defender and provides no rim protection is a different story.

• Premium Member

I dont see monroe as having star potential since he is a liability on the defensive end. I dont mind having a guard that is weak on defense. Giving big money to a C that is a weak defender and provides no rim protection is a different story.

Liability on the defensive end is a downright LIE... I'm calling it now because it's continuing to be spread and just straight Wrong.

Monroe lacks good footwork for a PF.  He doesn't have the latteral quickness to Guard PFs.   Detroit in their wisdom drafted Drummond necessitating that Monroe move to PF.  His defense at C is not bad.  With the US team select, you see him playing C, blocking shots, and playing low post defense.   On the Detroit Pistons when put High Post, you see him not being able to keep up with the KD's and the Millsaps...because he lacks the quickness to do so.  Some team will get him, put him down low and have a great offensive player and good defender.

Can we stop leaving john jenkins off the roster. Still has a guaranteed contract u know.

To make room for someone better, I would give him a payoff.

Liability on the defensive end is a downright LIE... I'm calling it now because it's continuing to be spread and just straight Wrong.

Monroe lacks good footwork for a PF. He doesn't have the latteral quickness to Guard PFs. Detroit in their wisdom drafted Drummond necessitating that Monroe move to PF. His defense at C is not bad. With the US team select, you see him playing C, blocking shots, and playing low post defense. On the Detroit Pistons when put High Post, you see him not being able to keep up with the KD's and the Millsaps...because he lacks the quickness to do so. Some team will get him, put him down low and have a great offensive player and good defender.

To make room for someone better, I would give him a payoff.

rather Patterson go overseas and come back better and less green

• Premium Member

rather Patterson go overseas and come back better and less green

Patterson could go overseas and money could be saved.  However, these roster spots are precious.  I don't know how eager Ferry is to admit making a mistake but I don't want to save 1+ Million just to save face and lose a roster spot.

• Premium Member

Story on John Jenkins from a few days ago.

nkins has plenty to prove to the Hawks in his third season. First, he has to get and stay healthy. He has to regain the confidence in his sharp-shooting ability. He must work his way back into the rotation since Mike Budenholzer did not see much of him in his first year as head coach.

Then, the Hawks have a decision to make following the season. Jenkins will make $1.3 million this season and the Hawks have a team option of $2.2 million for 2015-16.

“I don’t really feel any pressure,” Jenkins said. “I just feel like I need to be healthy.”

I don't see how he can not feel pressure.  There are rookies out playing him.

Guest BraveHawk

I guess there's this thing called fan boredom.  Because we have money and we're not moving, we just want anything that's available.  I say kill that noise.... We don't need a SF... Especially not some old guy who never could shoot or some other guy whoose only thing is rebounding.  Let it go.

Plus, we the Scott too.

We're good.

The only thing we lack is star power or star potential.   The only FA with that is Monroe.  If we pull out the check book, it should be for Monroe.

Horford, Antić, Muscala

Millsap, Payne, Scott

DMC, Korver

Teague, Mack, Dennis

It's not a pretty team, but we will win games.   We will also have money to blow and we can make trades.

Do you think there is any chance Tavares makes the Hawks final roster (I hope so!) this coming season or do you think it is pretty much a done deal he will be spending a year or two overseas?  I don't know anything about the teams or leagues overseas but I would think he would get more valuable experience staying in Atlanta.

• Premium Member

Do you think there is any chance Tavares makes the Hawks final roster (I hope so!) this coming season or do you think it is pretty much a done deal he will be spending a year or two overseas?  I don't know anything about the teams or leagues overseas but I would think he would get more valuable experience staying in Atlanta.

Actually, no.

People have changed the story, but Bebe looked good last SL.  But it's SL.   I think in Walter's case, he has been learning under one of the better coaching staffs in the Euroleagues.  In three years, they have taught him enough to be this good. I think that because of the contracts of Sap and DMC, we will keep Walter overseas for this year.   We will probably bring him over for good next year.

how can you be out played if u never get the chance to play because of injury. Let him be healthy and battle it out.

He wasn't that good before he was injured.

Plus, we the Scott too.

We're good.

Horford, Antić, Muscala

Millsap, Payne, Scott

DMC, Korver

Teague, Mack, Dennis

So much average to slightly below average talent...

I agree that I am also a victim of this "fan boredom."  I think it's mainly because us Hawks fans aren't used to having such good cap room during a free agency when there were some big names floating around.  I will admit I keep thinking of ways/scenarios of us to use this money but at this point our smartest long term bet seems to be to hold on for now.  Sometimes staying put is the smart move.  Making move for the sake of making one is not a good idea, especially is nothing that came across Danny's plate made sense.

It seems like too few of us are putting in the chemistry factor of having these guys together again as well as (hopefully) a full season of Al healthy.

There's always the trade deadline too so I'm trying my hardest to be patient but man this season needs to hurry up!

• Premium Member

Marvin wasnt happening because of the past letdown more than anything. Marketing reasons. I am sure Marvin could fit in with Buds system. But not at 7m no way