• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore maybe our next all-star....

JTB

You were right the first time. I love our players as much as the next guy (no homo), but seriously? All star? Even a "possibly" all star is a joke. The guy could very well be a positive addition to this team, I expect that, but like another poster said, he was one step away from the d-league. There aren't $2 million (or whatever he makes) players that aren't on rookie deals that are all stars.

Scurtch yer brakes @JTB. Show of hands how many squawkers knew of him before this off season?

He's a DMC/Mack/Pero signing. Positive contributor, not a world beater.

Well I meant all star down the road. I will be honest I did not know of him before we picked him up and honestly other than those 23 games he started and played extremely well for the lakers he's still a mystery player.

But let's be honest. If minutes are given to show your ability there's a chance you can make a significant difference. I knew of DMC before we got him and I predicted that he would start. Judging his heart and hustle he may not be a permanent starter but he didn't start and not make a difference in the starting lineup...he started and played good defense, rebounded well, and have us call a pleasant surprise knocking down the 3 ball consistently throughout the year.

Look at Bazemore situation....we are talking about a kid that played 23 games starting avg 13 points, good fg%, good 3pt%, slashed to the goal very well, and played good defense for those games all because he got an opportunity unlike he did in GS.

It's about giving our young players opportunity. He got a 2mil contract right now yes. But you act like a 24/25 year old can't improve and earn a higher salary when this contract is up....if the guy is hungry enough which he is by what I read in his interviews, he will make a difference much like DMC did.

Yes ... it is going too far. Bazemore will be lucky to get 6 shots a game, let alone average double figure points.

Honestly, if he could average 17 minutes, 7 ppg and shoot 46% FG, that would be great production from him.

Give him minutes and he will provide. I don't think it's too far at all. I mean yeah 7points in 17 minutes is great for him but I think he will avg more minutes than that.

Starting over Korver? I dunno. Not yet. I mean, how many players invited to Olympic stuff are bench players?

Yeah I mean of course he won't start over Korver at the start but I do think he will take his starting position by the end of December or early January.

But hey that's just my analysis of what will happen.

I don't think all-star; but he is going to be better than Lou all the way around. The key to his offensive success will be his 3pt shooting. That was Kent's single biggest improvement last season as his 3pt% jumped to .371. His career average up until last season was in the low .300 range....

That big improvement is why Ferry gave him a decent contract. Now we have to see if he can keep it up.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Why couldn't he be that good? He's only entering his third season and he put up 13,3,3 when he finally got regular playing time last year. I'm not saying he reaches it next year, but he's got game. FWIW, it seems alot of Laker fans were upset (even at him) when he left.

Edited by Jody23

Starting over Korver? I dunno. Not yet. I mean, how many players invited to Olympic stuff are bench players?

At least one.  I don't think the ideal situation for Korver is starting but on our team we don't have anything better.

Why couldn't he be that good? He's only entering his third season and he put up 13,3,3 when he finally got regular playing time last year. I'm not saying he reaches it next year, but he's got game. FWIW, it seems alot of Laker fans were upset (even at him) when he left.

That's my point. This guy is a mystery more than a writing on the wall that he'll never be a all star.

I'm sure he will probably never be in the Kobe/Lebron type category but he can be an all star player who makes appearances in the all star game throughout his career.

At least one.  I don't think the ideal situation for Korver is starting but on our team we don't have anything better.

With having an extremely quick PG, running pick and rolls with two all-star PF's... It doesn't hurt having the best shooter in the league spreading the floor.

• Like 1

With having an extremely quick PG, running pick and rolls with two all-star PF's... It doesn't hurt having the best shooter in the league spreading the floor.

yeah, you adjust your lineup so that korver can start and play as many minutes as possible.  he is a distance runner playing bball, so more minutes are up his alley

So I am back, and i see all these off season moves! I keep reading good things about this Bazemore. Who is he and where did he come from? Like what im hearing so far. Is he a legit scoring option or a hard nose player like DMC? Is everyone bummed or satisfied with the off season moves? I have a lot of catching up to do! Glad to be back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

You were right the first time. I love our players as much as the next guy (no homo), but seriously? All star? Even a "possibly" all star is a joke. The guy could very well be a positive addition to this team, I expect that, but like another poster said, he was one step away from the d-league. There aren't $2 million (or whatever he makes) players that aren't on rookie deals that are all stars.

Scurtch yer brakes @JTB. Show of hands how many squawkers knew of him before this off season?

He's a DMC/Mack/Pero signing. Positive contributor, not a world beater.

I agree.  Bazemore would never have seen the court if Kobe was healthy.  And I really mean the same thing with "overrating" and "setting the bar too high".  Do I believe Bazemore could become an All Star?  Anything is possible.  Do I believe that it is likely?  Absolutely not.

• Like 1

I agree. Bazemore would never have seen the court if Kobe was healthy. And I really mean the same thing with "overrating" and "setting the bar too high". Do I believe Bazemore could become an All Star? Anything is possible. Do I believe that it is likely? Absolutely not.

We can say the same thing about Paul George and Danny granger!

Point is if you give the opportunity to show your skills then you do just that. Bazemore got an opportunity...showed his skills and got plenty of offers this off season.

He's young enough to develop into all star talent under coach bud. It's not setting the bar too high, I just believe this guy has the tools to be a very good talent in the nba under coach bud.

Im taking the stats that Bazemore put up with the lakers with a grain of salt because it was in the Mike D'antoni system which has a strong reputation for inflating role player's numbers.

Jeremy Lin falls in this category too then right?

Basically your saying Bazemore is a "system player"...well I'm ok with that cause it's very possible to be a great system player. Many people believe Parker and ginobli are future HOFs because of coach pops system and that may be true but we also will never know cause they will never leave the spurs.