• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I came to bring the Payne.... Per 929thegame

HawkItus

• Moderators

I was gonna ask this morning if anyone thought there might be shenanigans going on since he wasn't signed yet. But Wiggins' deal was just inked yesterday and I thought it best to wait it out a day or two. Glad I did!

Welcome on board, AP!

~lw3

• Like 1

I'm a nut.  That being said, I love it that this guy can hit his free throws.

How many close games are lost because the losing team missed a

couple of free throws in the second quarter, which no one thought

any thing about (except me, I cringed) and watched my team lose by

only one point.

locomotive.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While our talent level, might not match up with every team in the East, our character level does. That means something. People like Horf and Sap, Kyle, and adding Payne... Good dudes.

• Like 2

While our talent level, might not match up with every team in the East, our character level does. That means something. People like Horf and Sap, Kyle, and adding Payne... Good dudes.

I think the chemistry will be a result of good character guys. You have to be willing to share the ball to maximize this offense. However, I think our depth will mean a lot towards finding the right combination of players to win in the playoffs.
  • Like 1

I think the chemistry will be a result of good character guys. You have to be willing to share the ball to maximize this offense. However, I think our depth will mean a lot towards finding the right combination of players to win in the playoffs.

I agree. Our system requires sharing the ball. Just like, again, the Spurs... We don't have selfish players. I know people know how good Horf is, but I can't wait to see him fully healthy with this team and offense.

It's time for Horf to lead

I think he'll do his part, if he can stay frickin healthy. I'm not banging on him, injuries happen. He's just so good, makes the Hawks SO much better. But, the X factor is Jeff Teague. It's time. Even the ownership is applying pressure......

What I would like to see from Payne going forward is improving his ability to attack closeouts. The guy can shoot and finish. If he has the ball in his hands, in motion, and in the paint thats going to result in points whether he finishes or dumps it off. I think he can be very potent offensively on this team, but he needs the opportunities to showcase his ability.