• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

USA! USA! USA!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I wondered aloud if Paul would get a call after all the dropouts, and sure enough!

These Hawks colors don't run!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/11272160/team-usa-invites-paul-millsap-atlanta-hawks-training-camp

(Marc Stein, ESPN) In the wake of multiple withdrawals of frontcourt candidates for the national team, USA Basketball has invited Atlanta Hawks forward Paul Millsap to its training camp this week in Las Vegas, sources told ESPN.

After initially planning to make no roster additions after the withdrawals of Kevin Love,Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge, USAB officials decided to bring Millsap in as a potential floor-spacer with the ability to play small forward or power forward internationally.

Millsap's addition takes the number of senior players in camp under Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski to 19.

After a successful first season with the Hawks, Millsap will join the likes of DeMarcus CousinsAndre Drummond and Kenneth Faried in trying to capitalize on the high-profile absentees to claim a spot on the final 12-man roster that will represent the United States at the inaugural FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain starting Aug. 30.

~lw3

• Like 2

Im so hype for him! Just yesterday on a youtube video about team usa they talked about k love and Blake leaving and i said they need to add millsap, i i had these people replying saying crap about the hawks and saying he would never make it lol. look at them now

• Like 3

Show them what u got, Paul!

One of, if not the most underrated player in the NBA.

True that. He could be better at a couple things, but I didn't see a glaring weakness in the man's game. Better defender than Love, more range than Blake. I think Coach K is a closet Hawks fan. He and Colangelo could've easily made 2 sexier picks over Kyle and Paul even after the dropouts.

True that. He could be better at a couple things, but I didn't see a glaring weakness in the man's game. Better defender than Love, more range than Blake. I think Coach K is a closet Hawks fan. He and Colangelo could've easily made 2 sexier picks over Kyle and Paul even after the dropouts.

It's the typical bring in hard workers to make other guys get motivated tactic coaches use.  Even when they know those two players have no shot at being on the team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

He's coming home!

Thank you for your service, Paul... and continued good luck to Kyle!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3