• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Millsap NOW! We won't re-sign him and his...

bumpyphish1

Congrats to 'Sap for getting invited to workout with Team USA.  And I do think he has been an undervalued commodity his whole career.

That said, for his next contract, he will get PAID.  We won't be able to retain him unless MGMT is willing to give him a significant raise which I'm dubious of.

Now is the time.  We don't trade him and his expiring, then we just aren't playing this smart.

Millsap + 1st for Monroe in a sign and trade.  GET IT DONE, FERRY.

Lol I hear ya! I really do but we have all been saying this for the past several months.

I think the writing is on the wall at this point. Seems like we will go into the regular season with sap on the roster and hope ferry can make a significant trade before the deadline.

I have faith ferry can get the job done but at this point I don't know if he can get what he wants if he does trade him.

Do you watch him play? He doesn't talk. He goes out and works and performs? Trade him??.. We should be thinking about extending him. The guy took over a lackluster team and was an all star and you're talking about trading him? Ugghhh

Thank you! Millsap is a throwback type player. You don't find guys like him anymore. He's a true pro. Keep him as a Hawk please.

I believe that Sap is PF and so is Horford. I don't think you should be paying over $20 million for one position unless you are paying a superstar. Unless someone is coming off the bench I don't think you should keep both long-term.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The real problem is that we don't have a true 5.   Some want to say that's not a problem in this league, however, as we look around, we will see that that's rapidly changing.

I don't think offensive schemes will help this.

• Premium Member

MB Gm's always want to trade our best players or not resign them...1st it was Teague, then it was Horford and now it is Paul Millsap.  And it usually involves us getting the lesser player while adding additional assets!  Paul Millsap plus a 1st which could turn into a lottery pick for Monroe??? Horford for Klay Thompson??? There has to be some type of personality disorder to explain this recurring desire.

• Like 1

Milsap is a "baller". It is in my mind what culture is cultivating. That may be a team of "Ballers" with or with repect of position. This Milsap is essential in creating and cultivating the Hawks identity. You don't trade him. If we sign him good, if not allow him to further the build of the franchise through this season. Hey three guys (Al, Sap and a true center) Maning the front court is a good thing.

• Like 1

• Moderators

He signed a two year deal here without shopping around much.   If he likes it here he's the kind of guy we could wrap up on a good value longer term deal.   And as other's have said he's the type of player the Hawks want.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Sap is a player I want to retire here.  As has already been said he is a throwback player that bring his lunch pail everyday and there is not a ton of those players around.

Sap would be the one player I would not trade on this team.

I don't think we will trade him. I think we keep him and if he doesn't resign we try a sign and trade to get something.

I'm not saying I agree, just my prediction of what will happen.

SNT? Why should he do so? Since the last CBA there aren't any advantages for the players to do so... So we would only get something if the other team needs to clear some cap space. Or am I wrong?

Edited by rd79

Thank you! Millsap is a throwback type player. You don't find guys like him anymore. He's a true pro. Keep him as a Hawk please.

Agree.........and he fits the profile of the player that DF needs to create the team like SA.  I think the best is yet to come. 

I think the question is one of sign-ability, not who does/doesn't want him here.  I don't think anyone is unhappy with his play.

Answer the following:

( a ) What do you think he'll be able to command after this year salary-wise? 3 years, $13-15MM per (just my uninformed guess)

( b ) Do you think the Hawks will pay it? They may have no choice, but I could see them balking at the price

( c )  If not, why not trade high? 

Edited by kg01