• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best record possible for hawks if....

JTB

• Premium Member

The difference though is we have an offense designed to get people open shots.   Whereas before we had a team full of jump shooters and hoped they could figure a way to get a shot off.   Now we have sets that get them those shots.   Of course it's up for debate if this is a theory that can get you a championship but at least it's fun to watch.

I agree with the system but sometimes you gotta have that guy that has to take over for a few possessions. 

• Like 2

I agree with the system but sometimes you gotta have that guy that has to take over for a few possessions.

This I can agree with. Teague is the only one who can consistently do that (if he chooses to). More than anything we lacked another ball handler.

This I can agree with. Teague is the only one who can consistently do that (if he chooses to). More than anything we lacked another ball handler.

I think Bazemore can take opponents off the dribble. To me he is or will be the other ball handler we have been lacking...Lou just didn't fit the style we play. Bazemore is young enough for bud to mold him into the type of player he needs for his system.

• Premium Member

I think Bazemore can take opponents off the dribble. To me he is or will be the other ball handler we have been lacking...Lou just didn't fit the style we play. Bazemore is young enough for bud to mold him into the type of player he needs for his system.

What happens if Bazemore is a gunner like Lou?   Have you watched vids of Bazemore's game?

• Like 1

What happens if Bazemore is a gunner like Lou? Have you watched vids of Bazemore's game?

I have and I like what I see! He's played a little out of control but it's nothing I would worry about under coach bud....Dantoni never had control of LA to begin with.

We still have a questionable bench and only have one player at the SG/SF positions that is considered a scoring threat in Korver (and even then he is a hot and cold shooter), so I don't see how we can expect a top 3 seed or 50+ win team in the East. I'm more afraid of being 3rd in the SE division behind Wizards and Heat. Even the Hornets could be much more competitive. Struggling to make the playoffs could very much be more realistic than a top 3 spot.

• Like 1

To the best of their abilities? 55 wins. If Teague plays to his full potential we will be great. But that hasn't happened yet except for a few spurts.

That team would have 3 all stars in Horford, Teague, and Millsap.

All this to say I think there is less than a 40% chance of everyone being healthy AND playing at their highest level

To the best of their abilities? 55 wins. If Teague plays to his full potential we will be great. But that hasn't happened yet except for a few spurts.

That team would have 3 all stars in Horford, Teague, and Millsap.

All this to say I think there is less than a 40% chance of everyone being healthy AND playing at their highest level

I think staying injury free is the main concern. Im confident that bud will get the best out of the team if they do stay healthy. Just look at how many of our guys had career years last season. Teague was also very solid when we were healthy. He was very good at the beginning and end of the season which were our healthiest periods.

• Like 1

We are very deep at this point, so the injury thing is a bit over blown as every team can say that. We are more prepared in the front court with horf, muscala, Antić, millsap and payne. We are 3 deep at point and brought in 3 additional wings so we wont rely on ayons, brands, and martin playing big minutes some nights like last season. That being said, Like every other team we can't afford to lose one of our 3 best players to significant injury.

I think if our young players take a step forward in their development and our stars play up to their abilities I can see somewhere between 48-52 wins.

Edited by skimaskway23
  • Like 2

We are very deep at this point, so the injury thing is a bit over blown as every team can say that. We are more prepared in the front court with horf, muscala, Antić, millsap and payne. We are 3 deep at point and brought in 3 additional wings so we wont rely on ayons, brands, and martin playing big minutes some nights like last season. That being said, Like every other team we can't afford to lose one of our 3 best players to significant injury.

I think if our young players take a step forward in their development and our stars play up to their abilities I can see somewhere between 48-52 wins.

I see we are on the same page. When I created this thread I expected more answers like this but I now see that there are many that don't have any faith even if our 4 best players play their best basketball the majority of the season.

Seriously though if Teague, sap, horford all play their best they would no doubt be in all star reserve talks....I think that alone should tell most fans if that were to happen 48 wins minimum.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The 8 seed in the East should be over .500 imo and when is the last time that happened? I see 50 wins for us

buds system is in place and he has a few more talented pieces to mold. For Bud, no player is too old to develop, keep that in mind. Injuries will be a factor but no more than any of the other projected top east teams and not even close to as much a factor as it was for this past season's semi-emaciated squad.

We have a formidable 9 or 10 player rotation that should get wins over top heavy teams by attrition.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What's the best record the hawks can achieve this season if Teague, Korver, Sap, Horford all play to their highest potential and stay healthy for the whole season?

I'm going to say between 49-53 because we are in the eastern conference...your thoughts?

I would say 56 wins.

Reason:  Korver-Horford = Great Inside out combo.  Teague/Horford = Great PNR/PNP combo.

We would outscore teams if we could rebound.

• Premium Member

I would say 56 wins.

Reason: Korver-Horford = Great Inside out combo. Teague/Horford = Great PNR/PNP combo.

I think we underestimate how much having 2 very good perimeter D players in DMC and BillyB/Thabo will help. These guys should help cause more missed shots and defensive rebounds for Sap and Al to get. Coach Bud will likely continue to emphasize drebs over orebs

• Like 1

I would say 56 wins.

Reason: Korver-Horford = Great Inside out combo. Teague/Horford = Great PNR/PNP combo.

Also want to add Teague-Sap combo to that!

I think Teague/horford combo is the best PnR on the team but I believe sap can be effective as well with Teague also sap has his own way of scoring and can also spread the floor for Teague to drive.

Sap can also take some bigger Pfs and centers off the dribble and score just like he did to west and Hibbert.

I think we underestimate how much having 2 very good perimeter D players in DMC and BillyB/Thabo will help. These guys should help cause more missed shots and defensive rebounds for Sap and Al to get. Coach Bud will likely continue to emphasize drebs over orebs

Agreed and if Bazemore can defend as well as I hear and read that he can we will have 3 good defenders on our perimiter this next season opposed to just one last season in DMC.