• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Money Mike $cott! 3-Years/$10 Million

lethalweapon3

I see this as a locker room move. He's someone everyone seems to like and could have a post-player role in the organization.

I'm a well liked character that provides good comedic relief in the workplace. They could've signed me for $1mil per. Heck, I'd be willing to take even more of a pay cut if it helped turn the team into a championship contender.

Too many cooks in the kitchen! I've said it before... Payne, Sap, Scott, Horf... I know Bud will adjust, but it's not hard to see all four of them are 4's. We have four poward forwards and three point guards.... I'm not sure

until last year bazemore thought he was a pg...  scott is a tweener as well.

• Moderators

I'm a well liked character that provides good comedic relief in the workplace. They could've signed me for $1mil per. Heck, I'd be willing to take even more of a pay cut if it helped turn the team into a championship contender.

Nobody pays $10M for locker room comedy. Ferry goes for skills and team fit but this deal gets judged based on skills not photobombs .

Too many cooks in the kitchen! I've said it before... Payne, Sap, Scott, Horf... I know Bud will adjust, but it's not hard to see all four of them are 4's. We have four poward forwards and three point guards.... I'm not sure

While I agree, the Hawks though has seen Horford as a center and I wouldn't put it past them to see Payne as a back-up 5 either.

While I agree, the Hawks though has seen Horford as a center and I wouldn't put it past them to see Payne as a back-up 5 either.

You're right. Horf has been a 5/center his whole career, and maybe Bud will make a change. He's been clamoring for years to play his natural position. It might need to happen. Or he's gone. He's prolly on hole eight, approaching the back nine of his career... I bet he's sick of guarding Centers this long.

Contract would have been reasonable if it was similar to Mack's contract. Too much money for what Scott brings to the table imho.

Bazemore must now feel like he should have waited awhile before signing his contract.

What? Bazemore will play shooting guard and small minutes at the small forward position. Scott signing doesn't interfere with Bazemores playing time. Yall are reaching too much.

What? Bazemore will play shooting guard and small minutes at the small forward position. Scott signing doesn't interfere with Bazemores playing time. Yall are reaching too much.

I think he just meant he shouldve waited longer for a bigger deal, not that they play the same position. I too have thought that Bazemore probably wishes hed held out longer.

I think he just meant he shouldve waited longer for a bigger deal, not that they play the same position. I too have thought that Bazemore probably wishes hed held out longer.

But it wouldn't benefit us.. why would anyone want a player to get a bigger deal?

Secondly, Bazemore is still unknown when it comes to potential.

But it wouldn't benefit us.. why would anyone want a player to get a bigger deal?

Secondly, Bazemore is still unknown when it comes to potential.

Taking about it from the players' perspective, not the Hawks. Of course every Hawks fan would love to get every all star on a vet min contract. And as far as Bazemore, there were numerous teams interested. If he'd held out he might've wound up with a bigger deal. Thats all the guy was saying. Not definite. Maybe.

Huh? Sorry, you lost me on that one.  Are salaries determined but the position played? 

Bazemore has shown every bit as much potential as Scott has, yet signed a contract for a much lower salary.  Hence I said he probably wishes now that he had waited to sign a contract.

• Premium Member

Huh? Sorry, you lost me on that one. Are salaries determined but the position played?

Bazemore has shown every bit as much potential as Scott has, yet signed a contract for a much lower salary. Hence I said he probably wishes now that he had waited to sign a contract.

If Bazemore had used CSKA Moscow or another Euro team as leverage, he probably could have got a bigger deal. He didnt do that so the market is what it is.

I think Scott has the right coaching to improve his 3 pointer and also still get points near the bucket within the system.

I feel there is a slight chance Scott could go the way of Childress though.  Once teams figure out who he is and keep him off the baseline for baskets he would only have his 3 at that point which isn't consistent at all.

If this deal were with any other coach/system than Bud I wouldn't like it but I feel like Scott will continue to contribute at around the same rate.  I really want to see improved D though.  Worst case we have an option for the third year.  Not bad.