• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe Topics

NBASupes

We added depth in Boozer, Bazemore, and Thabo. 

We finally can move Horf to his natural position and get someone with comparable talent to Sap who's younger and can play center in the NBA in Monroe. 

It would be a solid off-season. Boozer is still a solid NBA player. Throwing in 4-6 mil in his amnesty bid is actually a reasonable deal for us. Only three teams can bid on him. Us, Philly, and Phx. Most of the players willing to sign with us for 4-6 mil are Brand and Thabo level. Boozer is actually a decent big who can start. We all know, if he makes it to FA, we have zero chance at landing him. 

No need to talk more about Greg Monroe. We have like three threads on him. Here is just a vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbjLUTdgYWo

Teague/Dennis

Korver/Bazemore/Jenkins/Patterson

DMC/Thabo/Scott

Horf/Boozer/Payne

Monroe/Antić/Muscala

Not bad. Not bad at all. The depth is really quality. That's something that most teams in the NBA don't have, quality depth. 

When did we add Boozer?

Boozer is an amnesty candidate. Meaning teams with the allocated cap space can bid up to 16.2 million for him. In most cases of amnesty players, teams never bid anything, but Travis Outlaw had a team bid a million and they paid him a million dollars while the original team paid the rest. If the Hawks bid 4 mil, they would pay 4 mil and the Bulls would cover the rest which is 12.2 million. 

Of course the only real way we can get Monroe is via a SnT and Sap is clearly the only asset they would be willing to take that we would be open to trading for Monroe. 

Two defensive juggernauts...

In all fairness, Boozer dWS over the last three years has been 4.3 and Monroe had a higher defensive impact rating than Sap. Offensive scales tend to heavily back Sap although Monroe is no slouch. 

I don't see any issues adding Boozer off the bench for 5 mil to be frank. That's a great value. It's Boozer at 16.2 mil that's a terrible value. 

• Like 1

I don't like Boozer...not very profound I know lol..

Just never liked him. He's a snake. Ever since his weird contract debacle pre Utah Jazz when he promised Cavs then turned on them.

Guest BraveHawk

I think adding Boozer and Monroe would be a nice haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree!  I think adding both Boozer and Monroe would be great!  I just don't see how the Hawks can get both of them (I will be surprised if they get either one of them)!

Just never liked him. He's a snake. Ever since his weird contract debacle pre Utah Jazz when he promised Cavs then turned on them.

Actually Spudz I believe he's more of a Shar-Pei than a snake. 

• Like 1

In all fairness, both Cleveland like Houston this year screwed up. They wanted to gamble and got burned. 

In all fairness, both Cleveland like Houston this year screwed up. They wanted to gamble and got burned. 

That's revisionist history. Boozer is a scumbag who went back on his word. Cleveland's GM (wasn't Ferry was it??) made the mistake of trusting his best player and got stabbed in the back for it.

That's revisionist history. Boozer is a scumbag who went back on his word. Cleveland's GM (wasn't Ferry was it??) made the mistake of trusting his best player and got stabbed in the back for it.

It was the GM before Ferry. 

But you are right about the backstabbing but as a team, you never put the power into the player and agent hands so you can save a dollar in the long haul. The GM dropped the ball. 

Actually Spudz I believe he's more of a Shar-Pei than a snake. 

This is amazing.

carlos-boozer-chicago-bulls-707jpgjpg-21

shar-peiart.jpg

• Like 1

Boozer is one of those players that I don't like on other teams but if the Hawks picked him up I would probably learn to like him... lol

Paul Pierce and Jason Kidd also fall into that classification.