• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe Topics

NBASupes

Hawks really shouldn't give Milsap for Monroe. That is overpaying in the talent market at this point. We can offer lesser deals and see if Detroit will bite. My thinking is that Monroe isn't going to sign a long-term contract with Detroit. He'll sign the QO and go unrestricted at the end of the season. Why would the Hawks give up a valuable piece in Milsap to get a guy for no player cost the following season? Yes, we could use Monroe now, but in all honesty we aren't winning a championship this season so why over pay in talent?

Now, if we are able to send Detroit a more minor piece/pieces (Payne + DMC) AND then flip Milsap for a quality 3 now we have something. Its all ephemeral right now, but those are my musing on a Friday afternoon.

We are about a month more of waiting before this gets resolved IMO.

• Premium Member

Hawks really shouldn't give Milsap for Monroe. That is overpaying in the talent market at this point. We can offer lesser deals and see if Detroit will bite. My thinking is that Monroe isn't going to sign a long-term contract with Detroit. He'll sign the QO and go unrestricted at the end of the season. Why would the Hawks give up a valuable piece in Milsap to get a guy for no player cost the following season? Yes, we could use Monroe now, but in all honesty we aren't winning a championship this season so why over pay in talent?

Now, if we are able to send Detroit a more minor piece/pieces (Payne + DMC) AND then flip Milsap for a quality 3 now we have something. Its all ephemeral right now, but those are my musing on a Friday afternoon.

We are about a month more of waiting before this gets resolved IMO.

If the deal is Millsap for Monroe, we should do it.   Look at need.   We need better rebounding and low post scoring.   A Monroe Horford Combo should work.  We should also entertain a Horford for Monroe trade and extend Sap.  Same reasoning.

With the re-signing of Mike Scott does that take the Hawks out of any possibilities of signing and/or trading for Greg Monroe?

We didn't have the cap to sign him outright for a while, but we can still sign and trade for him. Nothing stops that.

• Premium Member

We won't and shouldn't consider Horford in any deal.  Y'all need to take that off the table in some of your heads.  We'd give them Millsap plus something else if we could get Monroe extended for at least 4 years at around $12M per.

Horford was a good talent, however, we don't know if he can play PF.... IF he wants to stay here past his contract....  and it depends on what else we can get out of Detroit.  IF it's Horf for Monroe + Pope... we should be on that.

Horford>Monroe

Sap>Monroe

Stand pat. Due to the unfortunate Paul George incident last night, we just climbed up past the Pacers in the east. We have to see what a healthy Horf/Sap combo can do under Bud's system. We are a top 4 team in the east.

I will say, all the people saying Millsap> Monroe now but this is his last year of his contract and u know him making that all star team drove up his price tag in free agency. Even if it might be a lateral move now Monroe still has room to grow and he gives us flexibility to play either him or Horford at C. I think it would be better for our long term future if we were able to get Monroe. Also, the Pistons have had new coaching almost every year so to see him work with Bud would definitely improve his numbers IMO.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Millsap is staying put, but let's see what he does this year. What he does this season should be the biggest factor in what kind of deal he gets after the season. I would say it's far from a given that he repeats as an All star with the improvement in the East.

Oh boy here we go...

The article makes it sound like a done deal at that! Lol but I can't believe it until I hear or read a better source.

By the way I doubt ferry gives up sap and Korver for Monroe! Lol just ain't happening.

I would not be happy with that trade. Just the latest info I have seen.

If both Sap and Korver were traded we would need additional talent to be coming back in return. What SG's could Detroit include?

Nothing to worry about. Ferry wouldn't dare do that!

What is possible though is that ferry may be working on a deal for Monroe by trading sap and a filler that's not one of our main players.

Millsap and filler would be as much as I'd want to go but a modestly protected 2015 first (top 5?) included as well at the most. 

And I would not max out Monroe. 

I don't feel Detroit has as much leverage as they think.  I would not like to see Korver included.

Edited by LongTimeFan