• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

So I'm catching up on the Wojo article.  Do I understand correctly that Ferry was reading from the report but he was also interjecting his own racial comments as well?

I read into it that Woj is not buying that Ferry was merely a Narrator, specifically with his "On and on" comment. I'm sure Ferry will agree to disagree.

~lw3

The Clownership has managed to either embarrass or draw the ire of:

* Low-to-middle-income black Hawks fans

* Southern white Hawks fans, of any income

* All the other fans, and would-be fans, that somehow managed to get ignored

* The reigning NBA Sportsman of the Year

* The world's second largest continent

* Downtown business leadership

* Civil rights grandstanders

* People who can't stand civil rights grandstanders

* The Media

* People who can't stand The Media

* The staff

* The players

Anybody left? I think it's safe to just go on and close the Upper Bowl at this point, and move whoever's left downstairs.

~lw3

you might as well throw in:

• the religious right
  • the liberal left
  • criminals that may frequent the arena area
  • criminals who don't frequent the arena area
  • the police
  • the mayor
  • the homeless
  • retired NBA players
  • Like 1

After this, they're all toast except for Koonin. This article honestly disgusts me that Gearon would put the franchise in jeopardy like that. Koonin wasn't a part of ASG and just technically started at the start of this league year. He is Silver's boy...he built NBA on TNT and Inside the NBA, and also managed the Coke/NBA relationship. Silver has had high praise for him and there is no way he can hold him accountable for any of this. I hope Bruce sells, they ban Gearon for life, and have the new owner partner with Koonin to keep building on the franchise plans that Koonin had already started down the path of

I think Koonin is gone for publicly covering up Ferry's mess. Hate it had to be him. He should of hushed on what he wasn't sure about. I'm sure he didn't have a clue about ASG's incompetence. All while ASG is using Koonin now as their sacrificial lamb. His interviews look real bad right now.

So I'm catching up on the Wojo article. Do I understand correctly that Ferry was reading from the report but he was also interjecting his own racial comments as well?

The article is a little confusing in some spots.

I don't want excerpts of the transcript, I want the entire transcript along with the audio.

I think Koonin is gone for publicly covering up Ferry's mess. Hate it had to be him. He should of hushed on what he wasn't sure about. I'm sure he didn't have a clue about ASG's incompetence. All while ASG is using Koonin now as their sacrificial lamb. His interviews look real bad right now.

What did Koonin cover up? I'm not following. He followed the advice of the Law firm based on their findings which I would think included the scouting reports and the audio.

The article is a little confusing in some spots.

I don't want excerpts of the transcript, I want the entire transcript along with the audio.

Don't know that they can legally provide those to Woj.  Did Ferry agree to be recorded?  Was he notified?  He could sue the pants off the team if this goes public I'm thinking.  

Disagree. Koonin went off the investigation report of independent law firm, so I think he felt confident in what the story was. Watching the Ryan Cameron interview was tough having known the guy a little bit. Its obvious he is leading here with his heart and that the actions of these buffoons are taking a serious toll on him and his "boyhood dream"

Don't know that they can legally provide those to Woj.  Did Ferry agree to be recorded?  Was he notified?  He could sue the pants off the team if this goes public I'm thinking.  

No chance. It's obvious Ferry didn't know he was being recorded. He should sue the shit out of Gearon. Did Gearon disclose at the start of the call that it was being recorded? Certainly doesn't seem like it. That to me seems like wire tapping?

Disagree. Koonin went off the investigation report of independent law firm, so I think he felt confident in what the story was. Watching the Ryan Cameron interview was tough having known the guy a little bit. Its obvious he is leading here with his heart and that the actions of these buffoons are taking a serious toll on him and his "boyhood dream"

By all means I like Koonin. But he is now the face of this mess. ASG isn't. I feel sorry that everyone is hush other than him. Now he is getting the brunt of the blame (as of now civil rights leaders are offended at Koonin).

How can you call what Levenson did as "stupid"; but when mentioning Ferry keeping his job "people make mistakes"THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND coming from Koonin. He is definitely defending Ferry and is on his side. Which may come back to hunt him when/if the NBA comes with the ban hammer. All I am saying.

• Moderators

Georgia is a one-party consent state for recording so even if he didn't know that would not be a problem as long as Gearon was aware it was being recorded.

On whether Ferry was quoting someone else, I don't think it is clear.  What is clear, however, is that he adopted what the other guy said (assuming it was written by someone else) by building on the theme of Deng being two-faced and untrustworthy.  I don't think Ferry can credibly distance himself from the comments.  Had he simply talked about Deng being two-faced with interviews and said he was untrustworthy this would be a total non-issue.  By using negative stereotyping of African merchants as dishonest and saying Deng had a bit of "African in him" that appears to have been Ferry going off the rails and Gearon then taking advantage of it by publicly shaming him and the team.

• Like 3

By all means I like Koonin. But he is now the face of this mess. ASG isn't. I feel sorry that everyone is hush other than him. Now he is getting the brunt of the blame (as of now civil rights leaders are offended at Koonin).

How can you call what Levenson did as "stupid"; but when mentioning Ferry keeping his job "people make mistakes"THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND coming from Koonin. He is definitely defending Ferry and is on his side. Which may come back to hunt him when/if the NBA comes with the ban hammer. All I am saying.

The Civil rights leaders are grandstanding - they received a call last night from the Hawks asking to postpone the meeting and they still show up today for a photo-op of an already postponed meeting?

The Civil rights leaders are grandstanding - they received a call last night from the Hawks asking to postpone the meeting and they still show up today for a photo-op of an already postponed meeting?

Yeah the Hawks are obviously going to have this meeting. Who knows just how insane it is in their world, and I am sure they are meeting with lawyers and investigators and PR teams and what not. It really is ridiculous that they made a scene out of today...make a scene if the Hawks won't meet with you at all. The meeting wasnt CANCELED, it was POSTPONED. They are using this for their own publicity

Still not a good look. It is a top story on ESPN.

I just thought Koonin should of fell back on his Ferry support on the radio. That is all. It is not gonna be a good look. Especially when the transcripts/audio comes out and we find out Ferry lied.

• Moderators

Piling on the not-a-good-look for Koonin is when he humblebrags within hours of the PR bomb dropping:

“I had over seven phone calls directly today from multi-billionaires,” Koonin said Sunday. “It blew my mind some of the people who wrote me today.”

Hyperbolic, perhaps? Safe to assume that whatever the number, they weren't put on hold until tomorrow.

~lw3

• Like 2

Surprise! Tomorrow's annual Hawks media hoops tournament-slash-shindig has been cancelled. They oughta just swing over to Central Park and ball out anyway.

~lw3

Maybe they should cancel the season :-(.

If Gearon remains, fans NEED to boycott every single home game. Somehow I don't think that'll be a problem, most nights we are almost half way there...smh

I'm sorry I mean ummmm...

Late arriving crowd....:-|

Whoa, you talkin' 'bout the brothas, Spud?  Or shall I call you Mr. Levenson?\

magnum.gif