• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

Unless you assume that a few racist remarks are worse than some of the things that went on with the Dolphins then I don't think we have to worry about free agents taking our money. The Dolphins had no problem getting free agents this year and our scandal went on for months.

And Brand resigning today looks kinda bad for your theory as well.

Wasn't that more of a player scandel?  And the majority of your locker room was on Incognito's side so it didn't seem like an issue to me.  Especially sense I've been in an NFL locker room before.

How?  Because we signed someone off the scrap heap that needed a job.  Let's not compare players like Brand needing a job to the marque players that we need to attract after leaks of Ferry putting down Melo and ranting about Deng.  Those guys have their pick to go anywhere and we just gave them one more excuse to avoid us.  Come on now, apples and oranges.

So you're saying Woj is misleading everyone?

But then where do you think Ferry's rant came from? It's made clear he went off "script" after initially reading the report.

Where anywhere in there did I say or imply Woj is misleading anyone? I said I don't know that he has the full transcript yet.

I have no problem with the places he might have gone off script. The bobble head stuff and the like that means nothing to me.

We are good company since most of us survived Vick-gate as well!

Best thing that ever happened to the franchise.  Blank was forced to reevaluate and cleaned house.  Putting a successful structure in place.

Wasn't that more of a player scandel? And the majority of your locker room was on Incognito's side so it didn't seem like an issue to me. Especially sense I've been in an NFL locker room before.

How? Because we signed someone off the scrap heap that needed a job. Let's not compare players like Brand needing a job to the marque players that we need to attract after leaks of Ferry putting down Melo and ranting about Deng. Those guys have their pick to go anywhere and we just gave them one more excuse to avoid us. Come on now, apples and oranges.

No there was a significant amount of racism going on that went all the way up to our GM. It was a far worse situation than this witch hunt of Ferry and Levenson are.

And you think Brand needs a job? That guy has more than enough money to comfortably retire. He wanted to come back to Atlanta.

• Moderators

Now to be fair to Brand, over 40% of his lifetime NBA earnings came courtesy The Other Donald, back when noone seemed to care enough about that jerkwad to do anything. So some VetMin pocket change from the Clownership on his (and hopefully, their) way out the door is nothingsauce, especially if he's got nothing better on the table.

~lw3

Where anywhere in there did I say or imply Woj is misleading anyone? I said I don't know that he has the full transcript yet.

I have no problem with the places he might have gone off script. The bobble head stuff and the like that means nothing to me.

If you're saying there some mystery context that is missing that makes this better for Ferry then Woj has done some really disingenuous reporting.  Everyone he's wrote says Ferry isn't a victim that was set up but you seem to think he's not guilty.  So wouldn't Woj be misleading us then?

But it was suggested that the off script rant was indeed reinforcing the racial stuff.  According to Woj anyway.

Best thing that ever happened to the franchise. Blank was forced to reevaluate and cleaned house. Putting a successful structure in place.

Which has led to exactly squat in terms of success. So for those wanting to burn this down don't think it's going to lead to success just because of starting over.

No there was a significant amount of racism going on that went all the way up to our GM. It was a far worse situation than this witch hunt of Ferry and Levenson are.

And you think Brand needs a job? That guy has more than enough money to comfortably retire. He wanted to come back to Atlanta.

Well that's the NFL for you.  They are bullet proof.

He signed a cheap contract to be on a non title contender.  Sounds like he needs a job.

If you're saying there some mystery context that is missing that makes this better for Ferry then Woj has done some really disingenuous reporting. Everyone he's wrote says Ferry isn't a victim that was set up but you seem to think he's not guilty. So wouldn't Woj be misleading us then?

But it was suggested that the off script rant was indeed reinforcing the racial stuff. According to Woj anyway.

OMG this is getting tiring. NOWHERE DID I SAY WOJ WAS BEING ANYTHING LESS THAN ABOVE BOARD. I'm simply stating he probably doesn't have ALL of the info YET. That's pretty damn common in the Twitter world of reporting.

Well that's the NFL for you. They are bullet proof.

He signed a cheap contract to be on a non title contender. Sounds like he needs a job.

Ok well enjoy hating for whatever reasons you have. I'm done here.

and IHearYourMomsAHoGate #dolphins

~lw3

He was just using deductive reasoning to arrive at that conclusion lol

Which has led to exactly squat in terms of success. So for those wanting to burn this down don't think it's going to lead to success just because of starting over.

You're joking right?  We went from a franchise that was a joke for 40 years never NEVER having back to back winning seasons to a team that, other than last year's season killed by injuries, is legit contender to the NFC.  Yeah they have found a lot success in my opinion.

You're joking right? We went from a franchise that was a joke for 40 years never NEVER having back to back winning seasons to a team that, other than last year's season killed by injuries, is legit contender to the NFC. Yeah they have found a lot success in my opinion.

No success, except for the Super Bowl in what 98? Now that's being below board to make your point.

OMG this is getting tiring. NOWHERE DID I SAY WOJ WAS BEING ANYTHING LESS THAN ABOVE BOARD. I'm simply stating he probably doesn't have ALL of the info YET. That's pretty damn common in the Twitter world of reporting.

Ok well enjoy hating for whatever reasons you have. I'm done here.

He was just using deductive reasoning to arrive at that conclusion lol

My bad.  I'm sorry that I'm dealing with the facts that are actually out there and you're clinging/hoping to something that may or may not be out there.  I always prefer discussing what we actually know.

No success, except for the Super Bowl in what 98? Now that's being below board to make your point.

You do realize how much of a hypocrite you're being right?  You'll praise Ferry who's literally had zero success in making this team a contender but you'll say the Falcons have had no success because they haven't won a Super Bowl.  Getting your team in position to be a contender when they have been a joke is a success.  It's not the goal but it is finding success.  That's literally where we all want the Hawks to be.  But of course you didn't really think that one through before being condescending just because we disagree.

• Moderators

For a lot of us in the general public, it just comes down to a matter of "How much more dirty detail is out there that's likely to get uncovered?" versus "How much more dirty detail can we really tolerate?", before insisting the NBA/Hawks do something beyond what they claim has already been done. The points of disagreement on Ferry's fate are tied to which question we're asking ourselves.

It's safe to say, though, we've got enough detail, as fans, to cast judgement on Junior.

~lw3