• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

200.gif

I think everyone is scared to find out the answer to that, even if it's a retired NBA notable.

~lw3

Me tinks twas Ryan Blake (Marty Blake's son)...

Or Marty from his old notes as a scout on Luol, or Chick Hearn after he saw Bo Outlaw dunk a basketball or... I give up

Reading back through the child Gearon's letter....where did Ferry say "Ferry completed the racial slur by describing the player (and impliedly, all persons of African descent) as a two-faced liar and cheat."

Talking about Deng trying to manipulate the media doesn't equate to him being a two faced liar and a cheat......Gearon REALLY has it out for Ferry.

That being said...this sucks. 

It seemed to me like Gearon was recording it while he had his mute button on.  He made the comment that "this sounds like Sterling on TMZ" laughing about it - but Ferry just went on - so he probably never heard it.  He sure didn't act like he thought it was funny when he wrote his letter.

Doesn't sound good for Ferry for sure - nothing in there seems very exculpatory.  He did say "the rap on him..." when he started talking about Deng suggesting he was going on reputation, but then the comments were mainly about the minutes he played.   Pretty much impossible to say what was Ferry's conclusions v. what someone told him.  (Ironically, the comment about Deng's minutes mimics something talked about here.  Maybe this is where he gets some of his stuff. LOL)

I still don't get the "I don't say that in a bad way" part, unless its like the old rule as long as you "Bless his heart" you can say anything bad about someone you want them.   Like "Uncle Joe - bless his heart - he does like his liquor."  Aunt Sally - bless her heart - she has put on a few hundred pounds since they got married."

Edited by Randy
  • Like 2

Theres no way we can keep him after the audio got out

We gotta clear the owners too, this is a hot mess

I keep thinking, "NBA, save us from this mess (the A$G)."  Then Silver comes out all, "uh, it's not a terminable offense."  Man save us from this mess.  Hopefully the execs at Turner mention us in their TV deal negotiations.  I'm sure they like having a NBA team in their hometown.

C'mon Turner.  Just think of the cost savings if the Hawks can get good enough to have NBA on TNT in town for a change.

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me." I guess us older members only remember this.

What has this country come to????

Yeah but unlike when you were a kid, we've got more than sticks and stones to use as weapons now. locomotive.gif