• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

He is President of basketball operations and GM. He could easily be made VP and keep his GM title. Look I get it. You're a Ferry fan. I was too until this happened. Check my posting history. I'm disappointed with him now. Sorry if that makes me a bad guy.

Has nothing to do with being a Ferry fan, which I'm actually not a "fan". I just realize that he's easily the best GM we've had in forever. But no sorry you have no idea how corporate America works if you think the top dog in a company is going to take a demotion to a lesser position. He'd basically have no respect from anyone within the company after that. 

• Like 2

Has nothing to do with being a Ferry fan, which I'm actually not a "fan". I just realize that he's easily the best GM we've had in forever. But no sorry you have no idea how corporate America works if you think the top dog in a company is going to take a demotion to a lesser position. He'd basically have no respect from anyone within the company after that.

Ok. Obviously you know it all boss. I bow to your intellect.

Edited by HawkItus

I will even give you an example, although it's a poor one since he's at the end of his career vs at the peak like Ferry, but our own Rick Sund fits the profile.

Prolly wish it was a month ago and you were on vaca huh?...lol

Man I always wish I were on vacation!

Someone mentioned in one of these threads, maybe this one, how no other teams or owners are really speaking out about this.

I think a lot of people around the league are realizing that this could just as easily have happened to them.

Lawyers for sterling have said that this is just the beginning. I bet we aren't the last team to go through something like this this off season.

What would be the point of that?

It would make those who were personally hurt here by Ferry feel good. Same goes for those who didn't like Ferry before and like him even less now. 

Other than that, there's really no point as Ferry would not stay on after a demotion when other teams would love to have him and he's still at the peak of his career or maybe not even at his peak yet. 

And we'll likely end up with another Babcock (great guy, terrible GM) or BK (just terrible period) as our GM. 

3 years on the job. No improvement to the team record-wize. Drafting Bebe with a mid first and trading him for cap. He did give us a more cap friendly team with a similar record, but that can only be considered lateral. Now this fiasco.

No more ASG!. Ferry should also go. His actis either demonstrate discrimination or brutal stupidity.

It would make those who were personally hurt here by Ferry feel good. Same goes for those who didn't like Ferry before and like him even less now.

Other than that, there's really no point as Ferry would not stay on after a demotion when other teams would love to have him and he's still at the peak of his career or maybe not even at his peak yet.

And we'll likely end up with another Babcock (great guy, terrible GM) or BK (just terrible period) as our GM.

Fear of finding a quality replacement is a bad position. What's going on with Ferry has nothing to do with his eventual replacement. If Ferry has to go, then it will be time to turn attention to his replacement.

3 years on the job. No improvement to the team record-wize. Drafting Bebe with a mid first and trading him for cap. He did give us a more cap friendly team with a similar record, but that can only be considered lateral. Now this fiasco.

No more ASG!. Ferry should also go. His actis either demonstrate discrimination or brutal stupidity.

2 years on the job and this is now his 2nd full offseason and going into his 3rd season. It's make or break this year as far as I see it.

I obviously don't agree with your 2 worst case versions of the events here either.

I do agree with no more ASG (or SSG!) though.

If my boss was to judge me by the worst performance I ever made at my job that cost our client, consultant and the firm extra money to fix the problem during construction - sadly I would be out of a job.

It's a good things he considered dome of the good things I do - whew.

• Moderators

Just out of curiosity, anyone know the record for longest running thread is on the squawk?

1000+ comments and 70 pages ain't bad. Subject matter's bad, but no one can say the Hawks don't have engaged fans here.

The Summer dynasty drafts get into the 80's, but as for a normal topic-based thread, IDK. This has to be up there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

^

1.jpg

~lw3

I'm honestly ready to get back basketball and to read threads about SnT deals for a true center and lw3 pre-game write-ups. My fanhood isn't use to this type of excitement and my heart isn't use to this amount of breaking news. I'm fried! lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I was at a comedy tour last night. Louis ck, Sara Silverman etc. the Host Brody Stevens said at one point.."Whose an Atlanta Hawks fan out there lets hear it"... So I yelled WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...then he said .."The Hawks, what a classy organization they are huh."

In almost 30 years of being a Hawks fan I have never heard us mentioned outside of a sports spectrum. I'm not saying its good to be recognized for something negative but hey, at least we are being recognized and mentioned.

Before, the public invalidated our existence by simpley ignoring us. Now at least they are validating our existence by hating us. Lol.

I'd rather be hated than ignored. At least we are no longer invisible to people. Lol.

I'm just trying to find the silver lining in anything I can at this point. Lol. Please excuse my reach.

I was at a comedy tour last night. Louis ck, Sara Silverman etc. the Host Brody Stevens said at one point.."Whose an Atlanta Hawks fan out there lets hear it"... So I yelled WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...then he said .."The Hawks, what a classy organization they are huh."

In almost 30 years of being a Hawks fan I have never heard us mentioned outside of a sports spectrum. I'm not saying its good to be recognized for something negative but hey, at least we are being recognized and mentioned.

Before, the public invalidated our existence by simpley ignoring us. Now at least they are validating our existence by hating us. Lol.

I'd rather be hated than ignored. At least we are no longer invisible to people. Lol.

I'm just trying to find the silver lining in anything I can at this point. Lol. Please excuse my reach.

I don't want them to love us.

I don't want them to fear us.

I want them to fear how much they love us.

• Like 1