• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

I wonder how many other teams have this Luol report and already read it in one of their meetings?

I'm sure every team has this RealGM "Intel service," or at least access to it. I'd like to think the execs that relied on it would all be a little less lazy in parsing and paraphrasing than Ferry was, and a little more reflective of the overwhelmingly positive feedback contained in the report.

The owners probably want downsides for every player, but even if "African two-stepper" was the only thing in there to pull from, I wouldn't need an extra zero on my paycheck to know I need to massage the hell out of it before going to a meeting. Triangulating a bit, this entry from "Cavs' Former Whoever" landed on the SAME day as Ferry's fateful afternoon meeting, so he didn't have much time to glean from it what he needed. Still, it takes two-seconds to see, "He's a good guy on the cover but he's an African," and cut yourself off in mid-sentence.

The one thing that helps Ferry here is it's clear this was something available to any GM, or at least anybody paying for RealGM's professional services. Ferry, as he insists, did not just draw this out of thin air.

~lw3

BUD!

~lw3

• Moderators

Who ARE You? And what have you done with Chris Vivlamore?

~lw3

• Moderators

• Moderators

Just to be clear on the RealGM stuff...it is only the first page. The first page of the report is a screenshot of what you would have seen on Luol Deng's card from RealGM.

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Luol-Deng/Summary/323

But from the Summer when he was still with the Cavsish.

"RealGM" is cited in the footer on the last page, too.

~lw3

• Moderators

Is Kinko's still open? Asking for a friend.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Oh wow, nice catch.

So it is straight off of RealGM. Holy shit, this is the NBA essentially just standing up and screaming WE DON'T KNOW AS MUCH AS YOU THINK WE KNOW BUT PLEASE GIVE US FREE ADVICE ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS!

I might be done with this whole stuff. I'm close to following the lead of @Dolfan23 and @DannyFerryHeartlessGM with an indefinite leave of absence to figure this whole thing out.

Who knew that the only difference between the arm-chair GM's and the real deal is a paycheck.  We know what they know which isn't a whole lot.

• Like 1

Is it a good thing that we're letting Bud buy the groceries now too? He's probably just gonna end up shopping at the liquor store! buba.gif

There is nothing to buy at the moment - the cupboard is full.

• Moderators
  • Like 2