• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

Yeah I'd never heard of it. And honestly if it were from about 95% of other players I'd put a lot more trust into it, but Bonzi was always a nut job and couldn't be trusted so I have a hard time believing this one. I mean really all the years Ferry played in the league and he only used a racial slur one time?? I just don't believe that a guy who would use that sort of term could hold his tongue all those years and only use it once. 

IIUC, Wells called him the c-word as well so maybe it was a tit-for-tat situation.  Not that it's ok, but just adding some ... color to the discussion.

The only difference between the Dolphin situation and the Hawks is the segment of people being undermined. We not are trying to sign gays in Atlanta (not that orientation matters), but a black All-Star would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a huge racial thing with the Asian trainer of the Dolphins being harassed (by players and coaches) and there were rumors that it went even deeper than that. That's why I say that the Dolphins situation was worse, because it touched on almost every social issue we've got going today. 

IIUC, Wells called him the c-word as well so maybe it was a tit-for-tat situation.  Not that it's ok, but just adding some ... color to the discussion.

He called him a c*nt?? Damn that's just not right. Don't ever accuse me of being a woman's private part! locomotive.gif

• Moderators

There was a huge racial thing with the Asian trainer of the Dolphins being harassed (by players and coaches) and there were rumors that it went even deeper than that. That's why I say that the Dolphins situation was worse, because it touched on almost every social issue we've got going today.

I wasn't aware of that, but we also aren't trying to sign Jeremy Lin. People only care about problems that affect them personally. I do agree that this will all blow over by next offseason. All will be forgotten by the time Horford becomes a UFA. Just gotta weather the storm.

He called him a c*nt?? Damn that's just not right. Don't ever accuse me of being a woman's private part! locomotive.gif

Lol, no the other c-word, well the cr-word I guess.  Looks like my vocab for offensive words pales in comparison to yours.  Congrats?

I wasn't aware of that, but we also aren't trying to sign Jeremy Lin. People only care about problems that affect them personally. I do agree that this will all blow over by next offseason. All will be forgotten by the time Horford becomes a UFA. Just gotta weather the storm.

Racism is racism, doesn't matter the color. Once a person or organization are deemed to be racists it is a big deal. It's funny how many of the posts here mimic stuff I heard last year from Dolphins friends who thought it would be our death blow and we'd have to blow the whole organization up. Some people were even hoping that the team would get moved to LA! But  now that's all in the past, we smoked the Pats and are getting positive media attention again.

Does anyone know if the league centralizes reports like this? Was this something that was sitting as a resource on NBA servers for teams to pull down at their discretion when looking at players to save time and money? If this was a conglomeration of reports that the NBA makes available that could also be a huge problem for them.

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 4

Or maybe.... he doesn't exist.

And if he does why doesn't Ferry call them out and save his job/reputation?

That is the main question that baffles me.

I'm still skeptical over whether or not "he" or "it" exists.

If it exists, there's probably a really good reason they're keeping that under wraps.  They won't even speak as if it was a singular report he was "reading" from.  And immediately they call Gearon to league offices (they were surely not gonna conference call with him.  LOL) to admonish him for bringing whatever it was to light.

Were they basically letting him know, in person, that "snitches get stitches".  Silver made sure he wasn't present (plausible deniability?).  Just had "league officials" (aka hired goons) there to meet him?  Hmmm .... vewy suspicious.

• Moderators

This problem blows out much bigger if the comment came from a league-wide NBA scout.  I can see the NBA telling Ferry and the Hawks they will back the Hawks' decision on punishment but they need to keep the scout out of the story.

I'm still skeptical over whether or not "he" or "it" exists.

If it exists, there's probably a really good reason they're keeping that under wraps.  They won't even speak as if it was a singular report he was "reading" from.  And immediately they call Gearon to league offices (they were surely not gonna conference call with him.  LOL) to admonish him for bringing whatever it was to light.

Were they basically letting him know, in person, that "snitches get stitches".  Silver made sure he wasn't present (plausible deniability?).  Just had "league officials" (aka hired goons) there to meet him?  Hmmm .... vewy suspicious.

Yeah I am not getting the extra disdain for Gearon. I am glad he brought this to light to be honest; regardless of his intentions. I just find it funny how Silver could feel so adamantly against owner Sterling and his private tape at his house, but when it comes to a general manager who actually controls what players actually play for the team (and since he is president of operations he is Levenson's right-hand man when it comes to organizational ventures) Silver tells an already chaotic organization to "figure it out amongst themselves". It makes no sense to me. I understand Sterling's past but Silver made it specific that he was not being punished for his past. If these aren't Ferry's words the scout needs to be exiled from NBA.

Yeah I am not getting the extra disdain for Gearon. I am glad he brought this to light to be honest; regardless of his intentions. I just find it funny how Silver could feel so adamantly against owner Sterling and his private tape at his house, but when it comes to a general manager who actually controls what players actually play for the team (and since he is president of operations he is Levenson's right-hand man when it comes to organizational ventures) Silver tells an already chaotic organization to "figure it out amongst themselves". It makes no sense to me. I understand Sterling's past but Silver made it specific that he was not being punished for his past. If these aren't Ferry's words the scout needs to be exiled from NBA.

Agree with all this.

A few of the talking heads basically explained that Silver wouldn't be able to sustain his stance of being a champion for race relations due to issues just like this.  If there's a 0 tolerance policy then Ferry, Levenson and the mystery scout have to be gone.  His refusal to step in here is an illustration of that inability to continue to "hold the rope" when it comes to these issues.  For example, do you abolish black players for using the n-word?  There's no clear way to draw the line and there are too many borderline issues to be addressed.  

I have disdain for them all, and I do understand people's reluctance to see Gearon as some whistle blower due to his ulterior motives.  IOW, having them gone but leaving him as the top dog isn't necessarily a "win".

The thing I don't quite understand is the league's apparent disdain for Gearon unless what I hypothesized about him exposing some super secret scout or whatever is true.