• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

Dude is hurting. Not shaving, doesn't look like a man taking this as just a vacation. Good job Danny boy. Contrition- Check. Now make the donation and accept a demotion or salary reduction and we are just about there.

Yeah, that is what a man looks like when he is stabbed in the back and thrown under a bus. Completely lost, embarrassed, distraught, and slighted. Take your time, Ferry, then come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nah, this is typical Danny Ferry shit right here. September is his month to give a big old middle finger to whoever took his hair:

(I can't find that dang video, but if I made a comment about him fighting against razors then it's because he had some scruff)

Oh I know about his scruffy-sailor self.  He was looking pretty rough during Summer League.  Another thing I like about Ferry... He don't give in to politics or that banker persona.  Take him as he is or get out of his way.  He's my idol. lol

Possible Buyers

From David Aldridge

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/david_aldridge/09/15/morning-tip-danny-ferry-and-atlanta-hawks-chauncey-billups-retirement-janay-palmer-and-nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported over the weekend that Doug Davis, a music industry attorney and the son of legendary record producer Clive Davis, wants to put a group together to make a bid for the team. He won't be alone: Koonin will have to beat the hedge fund guys off with a stick.

And these names could certainly come up in the weeks to come:

Larry Ellison. Mr. Oracle is always on the lookout for an NBA team, having bid on the Golden State Warriors and New Orleans Pelicans (nee Hornets) in recent years. He passed on getting involved with the L.A. Clippers, and he's always looking to move a team to the Sacramento-Bay Area corridor. A new owner would have to pay a reported $75 million in early termination fees if he wanted to move the team before the 2018-19 season, along with $120 million the team borrowed from the NBA's loan program in 2010.

Does Ellison -- currently worth $50.3 billion, and the fifth-richest person in the world, according to Forbes, have that kind of scratch? Most certainly. But Ellison has never been one to overpay just to have a team. He didn't try to top Joe Lacob and Peter Guber at Golden State once they bid $450 million for the Warriors. It's likely Gearon and the other minority owners can match any offer from any prospective owner who would want to move the team. And it's unlikely the NBA would sign off on a deal that allows the Hawks to leave a city where Coca Cola, among other behemoths, and its kajillion dollars are so close by.

Arthur Blank. The Home Depot co-founder already owns the NFL's Atlanta Falcons, where he has shown a willingness to spend to build a contending team. This would follow the Tom Benson model. He rescued the New Orleans Pelicans, buying them from the NBA for $338 million two years ago while owning the NFL's Saints.

Tony Ressler, Bruce Karsh and Grant Hill. The trio teamed up to make a real bid for the Clippers -- $1.2 billion -- before Steve Ballmer blew everyone away with his $2 billion offer. But the league was impressed with the work. Ressler and Karsh already have toes in the pro sports water -- Ressler is a minority owner of the Milwaukee Brewers; Karsh has a small stake in the Golden State Warriors -- and Hill knows Karsh from Karsh's serving on the Board of Trustees at Duke. (Ressler brings his own star power to the group, being married to the actress Jami Gertz.)

The league couldn't have a more contrasting, uplifting group to the Hawks' current mess of ownership than to show Atlanta a new group with Hill out front in a managerial capacity.

Jim Kennedy. An heir to the Atlanta-based Cox media empire, the 66-year-old Kennedy is worth a cool $8 billion, according to Forbes. The chairman of Cox Enterprises is getting even richer as the family owns a large stake of AutoTrader.com. And Cox already has an ancillary business arrangement with the Hawks ... something called Experience. It is a live events ticket company that allows patrons to upgrade seats while at an arena using their phone. The company is used by the Hawks and several other NBA teams and was founded by Tripp Rackley, a member of Cox's Board of Trustees.

• Like 1

Not to mention Texas used car salesman David McDavid (hard to believe, but we'd have probably been far better off with even that guy for past 10 years or whatever) or the Pizza King himself.  Maybe he's made some more dough in the last few years.  Well, I'm pretty sure he has.

And my favorite - Magic Johnson and Friends, including former Hawk GM Stan Kasten. 

• Moderators

Is this gonna be like the Gridlockalypse, where he blames the weathermen and the big, bad media for the Hawks' troubles?

Speaking of traffic snarls... who waits until the POTUS motorcade arrives in town to schedule a press conference? (Don't answer that question, I know the answer.)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

Is this gonna be like the Gridlockalypse, where he blames the weathermen and the big, bad media for the Hawks' troubles?

Speaking of traffic snarls... who waits until the POTUS motorcade arrives in town to schedule a press conference? (Don't answer that question, I know the answer.)

~lw3

Maybe the two are related.  Who has deep pockets?  Who likes to throw money at impossible projects?  Who ignores a its consumers like nobody's business?  Who makes the politics and dysfunction of the ASG look normal? Uncle Sam thats who.  I'm breaking it here first, the Government is buying the Hawks.  

Edited by HawkItus
  • Like 3

Maybe the two are related.  Who has deep pockets?  Who likes to throw money at impossible projects?  Who ignores a its consumers like nobody's business?  Who makes the politics and dysfunction of the ASG look normal? Uncle Sam thats who.  I'm breaking it here first, the Government is buying the Hawks.  

FEMA has declared the Hawks a national disaster.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

This suggests to me that at least one of the prospective buyers wants to move the team and has the funds to do it.

Not surprised. Who's going to spend hundreds of millions to partner with them? This is going to get ugly.

Now that will be the problem child right there, who in their right minds want to team up with Jr. after the crap he did.  I think that the potential buyer needs to get them out of there besides who would pay close to a billion dollars to work with crap like that as ownership.

**EDIT:  I dont believe that NBA is stupid enough to move the team that like but then again, they did royally screw Seattle**

**EDIT:  Selling Turner Field is a good idea as well, but I thought that the ownership has the "right to refusal"? any offer?

Edited by NekiEcko