• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Koonan on 929 the game right now!

HawkItus

He sounds like he's going overboard just a bit.  I know he needs to grovel on this one to earn back some trust but damn he's throwning so much wood on the fire that he's going to make it even harder to come back from all of this.  What is to be gained from saying over and over and over again how much everyone sucks?  Admit it a few times and then say what you're going to do better in the future.  We get it. 

He seems to be trying so hard to be the "saint" in all of this but if the team is sold outright he's on the outside looking in just like the rest of the owners.  I doubt the new owner will keep him anymore than he'll keep Danny or anyone else in a high visibility role. 

Quit falling on the sword, Koonin.  You've got 100 holes in you already and there's blood everywhere now!!

Someone call in and tell him we don't want to hear from HIM, we want to hear from FERRY!!

ETA: Now that I think about it, based on what I know about these "good ol' boys clubs", Ferry probably has these guys bent over a barrel.

Edited by kg01

I'll say this, I feel bad for the guy.  He gave up a cushy job making tons at Turner for this crap.  Points that stuck out:

• Keeping Ferry's punishment secret
  • investigation says that this was 1 time incident
  • distance himself completely from Levinson
  • says he spoke with players(they are upset)
  • is not the governor as of yet
  • spoke to league about appropriate punishment, believes he went over and beyond.  
  • Like 1

If we keep Ferry, do you think any African American free agent will want to come here? Do you think any African (Deng) free agent would come here? We are in deep deep doo doo. If Silver somehow cleans house he better make sure the Hawks are sold to a SOLE ownership, no more group bs, and that guy should preferably not be racist lol. Geez.

If we keep Ferry, do you think any African American free agent will want to come here? Do you think any African (Deng) free agent would come here? We are in deep deep doo doo. If Silver somehow cleans house he better make sure the Hawks are sold to a SOLE ownership, no more group bs, and that guy should preferably not be racist lol. Geez.

How long did Sterling owned the Clippers?

Dude at the end of the day what Ferry wasnt that bad. I get called worst by my own friends. For some reason people act like they walk around on water. The NBA is a freaking job. Players will play just like they played for Sterling

• Like 2

The problem with Koonin's argument is that he is trying to view Ferry's misstep in isolation. To do so ignores over a decade of incompetence from Hawks' owners and management.

But his mis step IS in isolation.

He clearly stated that in 2 years with the Hawks, NOTHING that involved Ferry beyond this one incident came back negative.

Also, he stated that Danny has been involved with the league for 20 years and this is the first time anything has come up.

Sounds pretty isolated to me.

You can't tie in 10 years of Levenson/ASG with 2 years of Danny. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Now I'm questioning why Ferry has only brought in hard working lunch pail guys. It could be just coincidence and a good practice, but can we be sure it's not fueled by something else?

Remember, Ferry's standard for choosing players is that they had to be "high character" guys.

Now, we have to question what exactly does that mean?

How long did Sterling owned the Clippers?

Dude at the end of the day what Ferry wasnt that bad. I get called worst by my own friends. For some reason people act like they walk around on water. The NBA is a freaking job. Players will play just like they played for Sterling

Clippers and Hawks' situations are apples/oranges though.  Sterling was signing their checks but he wasn't dealing with them day-to-day or really making many personnel decisions (IIUC).

Although I've been very vocal about wanting him gone, I do acknowledge that his comments could be explained to a degree.  The problem is we already have sooooooo many negatives when it comes to building a team, Ferry hasn't been good enough at his job to warrant putting up with any additional negativity due to his mere presence.

It's not about the reality that he's probably not racist and that his comments are probably more elitist than anything.  It's about the perception and having to overcome it.  We just don't need that.