• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Predict the next plot twist in the NBA movie - "Hawkmageddon"

TheNorthCydeRises

Well its either going to fizzle out now and become yesterday's news (which is what the NBA and team would want the most), or the leaks will continue.  I'm guessing the logical next step is the tape transcript (or at least the relevant parts) become public.  I don't think all of it needs to come out - for example, evaluations of other FA's would probably be unnecessary (since it sounds like there is nothing of significance.) 

If I was Koonin - I'd resign.  No one would look unfavorably on him since this mess was not of his making.. He may well be asking himself "How did I get into this mess?  Why am I reading in the AJC that I'm a cardboard cutout front man for the Hawks?"  The guy has only been with the team a short while its a little bit like they figured the Titanic was on a collision course with the iceberg and they needed someone new to captain the ship.  Me - I wouldn't go down with the ship.

Edited by Randy

Regardless if what's going on at the management level - the Hawks players focus once they get on the court, stay healthy, win 50+ games on the their way to the ECF :-)

Was gonna post that, in a sick and deranged twist, it's revealed that @Dolfan23 is really (dunt, dunt, duuuuunt) ... Michael Gearon, III.  He runs HS under a pseudonym to secretly undermine his estranged father until ....  His father finds out and forbid his woe begotten son from continuing on (hence Dolf's recend absence).  Now, with his attention squarely focused on the impending Hawks controversy, Gearon, Jr. loses track of his son's wayward internet fixation thereby facilitating his recent return.

... But I like yours better, JBH.

On a serious note, I'd say Nique is announcing a power play at his presser today.

Was gonna post that, in a sick and deranged twist, it's revealed that @Dolfan23 is really (dunt, dunt, duuuuunt) ... Michael Gearon, III. He runs HS under a pseudonym to secretly undermine his estranged father until .... His father finds out and forbid his woe begotten son from continuing on (hence Dolf's recend absence). Now, with his attention squarely focused on the impending Hawks controversy, Gearon, Jr. loses track of his son's wayward internet fixation thereby facilitating his recent return.

... But I like yours better, JBH.

On a serious note, I'd say Nique is announcing a power play at his presser today.

Nique's having a presser?

• Premium Member

I'll start.

- Dominique announces his intentions to become an owner, but also aligns himself with Gearon Jr. In the process, he blasts Levenson and doesn't give his endorsement to Ferry.

Could this be because Gearon Jr. is aligned with Ted Turner and Nique wants to be the new face of the Hawks with Turner, Turner, Gearon Jr. and Gearon Sr. as silent partners??

• Like 2

Nique's having a presser?

That's what they said on NBA radio this morning.  However, after seeing the tweets posted by lw3, it looks like he may be pushing it back so as to not do it on 9/11.

Maybe he would if he were pulling all the strings.

Wasn't he essentially pulling all the strings under BK and Sund though?

I'm sure there are others here than can speak to this more definitively than I can (hehe), but he appears to be the type of guy that desperately wants people to know he's in charge.  IOW, just about the worst kind of owner to have.

Well guys a lot of movies end before the whole story is told.  That's why there are sequels.  Usually the good guys win a battle but the bad guys live to fight another day, even if they are on the run.  Some good has happened here as well.  At least part of the ASG is on the way out, and in the meantime, we've had more fun at the expense of the clownership than I can ever remember.  (BTW - I forgot who coined that term, but its classic.  He/she deserves a special award.)

Well guys a lot of movies end before the whole story is told.  That's why there are sequels.  Usually the good guys win a battle but the bad guys live to fight another day, even if they are on the run.  Some good has happened here as well.  At least part of the ASG is on the way out, and in the meantime, we've had more fun at the expense of the clownership than I can ever remember.  (BTW - I forgot who coined that term, but its classic.  He/she deserves a special award.)

abcty.gif

Now I gotta go do some stretches so I can finish patting myself on the back.

• Moderators

Belkin holds a press conference and says this has been going on for years.  The racism among the owners was the reason he tried to take over the team in the first place but the NBA made him keep the race stuff under wraps so he came up with that story about JJ.  

The real reason BK wouldn't shake his hand is that Belkin had promised BK he would make it all public and would stand up for minorities, but he went back on his word at the direction of David Stern to try to protect the franchise.

slideshow_1002210949_6.jpg

• Nique buys the team with Bernie Marcus' money
  • Koonin, Nique and Bud become the new public brain trust.
  • Koonin beomes GM in title.
  • Ferry is pushed to the background to do all the actual GM work.
  • New uniforms in 2015-2016 to reflect the Nique era.
  • Extra national games given to Hawks.
  • Random low level firings around the NBA once we hear that comments like these litter reports.
  • Zach Lowe and Woj get their hands on more reports on different teams/players
  • Silver has to address systemic problems at the scouting level.