• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Melo: Free agents will spurn Hawks

BudBall

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

An somebody argued with me that nba players aren't that sensitive! Y'all are crazy as hell if you think melo is the only one who feels like this!

Ferry is done! ASG needs to be done too but ferry is surely done! I know melo has spoken to others that feel the exact same way....it's common sense.

I said this from the time this all went down! Who cares what general nba fans, hawks fans, etcetera think....it's all about what the nba players think and racism in a 85% black nba league is sensitive! Y'all had to know this was coming.

• Like 3

This is exactly what I was sayin' (maybe not on this site) before.  Players aren't gonna want anything to do with us... we gotta clean house.  We can't move forward with Ferry or anybody in the A$G.  I swear this bullsh*t set us back 10 years.

Edited by Q45T

This is exactly what I was sayin' (maybe not on this site) before. Players aren't gonna want anything to do with us... we gotta clean house. We can't move forward with Ferry or anybody in the A$G. I swear this bullsh*t set us back 10 years.

Doesn't set us back 10 years if we clean house now!...we need ferry to be fired and a new hawks owner.

Sooooo what he's saying is things will remain the same for the Hawks?

Worse really....I mean we don't get stars but from time to time we pulled our quality players like bibby, Crawford, sap...maybe couple of others but now I can't even see those level of players coming here until the house is clean.

Anthony was asked if an ownership or front-office change would remedy the situation in Atlanta.

"It's going to take a collective effort," he said. "That's not going to change overnight. I don't think that just happened overnight. That's been an accumulation over the past couple years. A lot of people think that it just happened, but it's been going on for the past two or three years now."

Interesting comments by Melo. Our rep is at an all-time low and I don't think a month of "forgetting everything" will change with the players.... especially for our organization.... it was already tough for players wanting to play here in the first place.

One thing is for sure the "capspace and flexibility plan" is worthless at this point with Ferry as our GM. Our 5% chance of landing a superstar went down to 0%. I don't even know if we can re-sign Al Horford after next year.

So our options are tank or trade (which we will have to pay the Ferry Premium now).

If we are tanking we might as well start over.

Barkley says it won't matter. Melo says that it will. Not saying either are right but I don't consider either to be definitive.  Either way it won't be any different than what we've seen so far with elite players. Non-elite players will come here, that I have no doubt about. It's not like they're going to spurn our attempts to give them money. 

• Like 1

Barkley says it won't matter. Melo says that it will. Not saying either are right but I don't consider either to be definitive.  Either way it won't be any different than what we've seen so far with elite players. Non-elite players will come here, that I have no doubt about. It's not like they're going to spurn our attempts to give them money. 

Non elite players didn't sign with us either. The only ones we signed are irrelevant players. 

Ferry should be fired because he has a terrible track record as a GM for us. 

Levenson really shouldn't resign his ownership but I see now that it's profitable, he wants out. Barkley is from a different gen. To even use the Clippers is false because they had Blake Griffin and CP3 to attract which we don't have. For this franchise, the only way to attract others is to tank and draft them and even they could spurn us. 

I think this is nasty of course. I had strong opinions but laid low to see what will happen for the most part. Now I have a valid point. 

Levenson and ASG needs to go. 

Ferry needs to go. I said this awhile ago. While I think he's a smart GM and makes smart decisions, he is a horrible recruiter and he's a below average drafter which falls inline with the status quo for the Hawks. 

We need a balance like R.C. Buford or someone who can do it all. I think Ferry is just a below average GM and with this happening, he is clearly not worth the headache. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Overreact much?

Carmelo went to the team that bid the most for his service. He must be such a pious person.

dismissive_wanking.gif

Nonsense, he went to the team that offered him the best chance at a championship as evidenced by his massive paycut. The fact that the Knicks are a class organization free from any off the court scandals and a bad owner were only icing on the cake for Melo.

Nonsense, he went to the team that offered him the best chance at a championship as evidenced by his massive paycut. The fact that the Knicks are a class organization free from any off the court scandals and a bad owner were only icing on the cake for Melo.

He went to a team that he liked the most that offered. If he was all about money, he would have stayed in Denver. He loves NYC and loves playing for the Knicks. 

• Moderators

Carmelo is not the definitive word on anything but it would be naive to think this won't negatively impact our free agent recruiting next year. The only real questions are how long that lasts and whether we reexamine our strategy in light of this. While I have pushed to tank in the past I don't think we can afford to be anything but competitive with this stigma on the team but this pretty much cements us as an early exit team the next few years, IMO.

• Like 3

Hopefully the Hawks are sold and relocated. 

Why would you "hope" for that?

You're not required to be a Hawks fan you know.  Cavs bandwagon has plenty of room.

Carmelo is not the definitive word on anything but it would be naive to think this won't negatively impact our free agent recruiting next year. The only real questions are how long that lasts and whether we reexamine our strategy in light of this. While I have pushed to tank in the past I don't think we can afford to be anything but competitive with this stigma on the team but this pretty much cements us as an early exit team the next few years, IMO.

Pretty much agree with all this.  Not sure why everybody's refusing to see this.  It's not business as usual.  This was a gamechanger.

Hopefully the Hawks are sold and relocated. 

That would certainly be one way to drum up more interest/support for and NBA team in ATL. Probably not the best way to accomplish that, but certainly one way.  Worked for Seattle and Charlotte, as well as in the NFL with Cleveland, Baltimore, LA/Oakland, Houston, etc.  

He went to a team that he liked the most that offered. If he was all about money, he would have stayed in Denver. He loves NYC and loves playing for the Knicks.

Well a big reason why he forced his way to the Knicks in a trade rather than sign in free agency was so that he could get all the money he could have gotten from Denver.....in New York. You're not even taking into consideration all the extra off the court income available to him and his wife in NY as opposed to Denver....so again it was the money.

That's a big appeal about NY, the tons of money one can make there. The whole "I'm coming home" was a nice marketing strategy but we are talking about a guy who was raised in Baltimore to the point that it's "WB" West Baltimore tatted over his chest and not "NYC". The Knicks hadn't won a playoff game in 10 years or even been to the playoffs in 6 and were fresh off Isiah Thomas yet he was and is, dying to be apart of all that.....or maybe it was the money.

Why would you "hope" for that?

You're not required to be a Hawks fan you know.  Cavs bandwagon has plenty of room.

Pretty much agree with all this.  Not sure why everybody's refusing to see this.  It's not business as usual.  This was a gamechanger.

Because Atlanta sucks?

• Like 1