If we trade Dennis I won't be mad

Bonkers

• Premium Member

Why can't he sit on the bench?  Is he making that much money?   He is like 21 right?  We do have a competent starting point guard right?  So why rush him off the team as a sell low prospect?  This fan base is so funny!  1st you want to run Teague off the team...some still do for some reason, then it was Korver, then Jenkins,  then Mike Scott,  then Horford, then Ferry...Now its Dennis' turn.  Y'all need to learn some patience!

• Like 2

Yes... trade him. We'll never win a championship with him and his 3 minutes of play time. Let's trade one of our best defenders for another bag of fritos and 12 pack of Surge. {/sarcasm}  

I'd get it if he played substantial minutes over 2-3 yrs.... but a 20 year old league sophomore? IMO, It's too early for him to get Marvin'd. 

Also, I think Bud should allow him to play through his mistakes more. We always have coaches that have this habit of yanking young players within 5 minutes for mistake or two. 

Edited by Mdizzle5
  • Like 1

I'm on mobile, so I'm not going to go dig the stat up but last year Dennis had far and away the worst statistical plus minus of anyone in the NBA.

Found it:

The worst player who played significant minutes in 2013-14 was Dennis Schröder of Atlanta, with a very poor -7.5 rating. Anthony Bennett, the surprise 2013 draft number 1 pick, followed with a -6.6.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/bpm.html

And a bit of a side note, that post made me sick. Not because the math is difficult at all, but because I'm pretty sure the ones creating that statistics don't know what the *bleep* they are doing. The guy is a slave to R2 and essentially threw as many interaction terms together as he could before he got his fit. He's a poor basketball mind and a poorer statistician. This kind of stuff sets us back years in terms of analytics and gives it a bad name.

The point that needs to be made is that you don't buy high and sell low. We need to be building his value and you do t do that with 3 minutes of playing time.

And just because a couple other PGs had a lot of turnovers doesn't make it ok for Teague to.

A lot of people had some head scratching numbers on opening night including Lebron that is and was my point when blowing off the turnovers.

The selling low theory is kind of off base also. People around here proclaim Dennis had a great offseason from his international play to summer league and preseason.

So, what you mean is that he has not done anything in a NBA regular season game. Not sure you can trust Dennis in a regular season game against good competition so a game like Saturday will be really telling for him. He will likely get to play against some of the lowest level of NBA competition.

A lot of people had some head scratching numbers on opening night including Lebron that is and was my point when blowing off the turnovers.

The selling low theory is kind of off base also. People around here proclaim Dennis had a great offseason from his international play to summer league and preseason.

So, what you mean is that he has not done anything in a NBA regular season game. Not sure you can trust Dennis in a regular season game against good competition so a game like Saturday will be really telling for him. He will likely get to play against some of the lowest level of NBA competition.

Selling low is never off base. Even if it were possible, you didn't make any sort of compelling argument. 

Luckily the Hawks realize that he's got value and as such picked up his option so you'll get 2 years to see what he can do. 

Selling low is never off base. Even if it were possible, you didn't make any sort of compelling argument. 

Luckily the Hawks realize that he's got value and as such picked up his option so you'll get 2 years to see what he can do. 

It is a straight forward argument. To sell low you must be at a low point. My point is he is not at a low point . He had a good offseason from summer league to international play to preseason. I think him having another year of inconsistent playing time is only going to hurt him more and put his stock back at a low point going into the offseason. If you are waiting for him to string together a series of good games in regular season I don't see it happening anytime soon and with new younger rookies coming in with more potential he is only going to get knocked further down the foodchain of young PG's with potential.

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Admin

Ferry has not drafted well for a team that needs help now.

Jenkins

Dennis

Bebe

Payne

I don't expect much from any of those guys on a consistent basis.

Scott is the only thing he has done right drafting wise.

I am okay with trading Dennis also but think he is going to need to be paired with someone like Sap to get anything worth getting.

Elfrid Payton, Marcus Smart types are going to push him to the back of the bus on the potential train.

your hatred of Payne knows no bounds

• Premium Member

I'd get it if he played substantial minutes over 2-3 yrs.... but a 20 year old league sophomore? IMO, It's too early for him to get Marvin'd. 

Did I hear you right?  You said get Marvin'd??  As in we let Marvin go too early??  GTFOH!!!

your hatred of Payne knows no bounds

No, it is actually my analysis of him as an overall talent. I watched him for four years at Mich State. I also like advanced numbers in some cases and college sports is one and his early college numbers lead me to think that he is not going to stick.

I hope I am wrong. I hope he can block shots and rebound but he never showed that at the level I like in college.

I would have never picked this guy. It is not hate, just my assessment.

• Premium Member

No, it is actually my analysis of him as an overall talent. I watched him for four years at Mich State. I also like advanced numbers in some cases and college sports is one and his early college numbers lead me to think that he is not going to stick.

I hope I am wrong. I hope he can block shots and rebound but he never showed that at the level I like in college.

I would have never picked this guy. It is not hate, just my assessment.

So since we know how you feel about Payne, we don't have to continue to hear about it like other posters and their obsessions over other players right?

Did I hear you right?  You said get Marvin'd??  As in we let Marvin go too early??  GTFOH!!!

No... I mean Marvin'd as in proclaiming him as a completely useless bust. In which he was often proclaimed as. Would you have preferred "Acie'd?" How about "Salim'd?" 

I would be thrilled if someone wanted to trade for Dennis. I would be happy with the 60th overall pick in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So since we know how you feel about Payne, we don't have to continue to hear about it like other posters and their obsessions over other players right?

I do not bring it up just to bring it up. I only mention him in terms of failed picks. So, no I will not be starting threads about him specifically

I do not bring it up just to bring it up. I only mention him in terms of failed picks. So, no I will not be starting threads about him specifically

Failed pick? Good grief - he hasn't played ONE minute of a regular season game in a Hawks uniform. Some analysis. Wow just wow.

We get it - you don't like his game blah blah blah etc because you saw him play in college and you just didn't like the pick. But to lump him into a failed pick is assisine and short sighted.