• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Georgia has a lot of Cavs bandwagon fans

Plainview1981

Which states have the most Cavs bandwagon fans:

LeBron James has officially made his return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, and he brought a lot of fans with him. 

Thanks to our friends at Facebook, the above map shows exactly which states have jumped on the Cavs bandwagon since the return of King James.

Based on new Facebook followers this offseason, here are the states with the most bandwagon Cleveland fans:

1. Ohio
  2. New York
  3. Texas
  4. Florida
  5. California
  6. Illinois
  7. Pennsylvania
  8. North Carolina
  9. Michigan
  10. Georgia

As for James himself? He's as popular as ever, even in Florida. The former Heat star gained 53,399 Facebook followers from the Sunshine State, second to only Ohio (75,126) this offseason. 

8b0d676d8a7f1b9bab284878d95e9c7b_crop_no

Top 10 from wikipedia (always right):

California 38,332,521

Texas 26,448,193

New York 19,651,127

Florida 19,552,860

Illinois 12,882,135

Pennsylvania 12,773,801

Ohio 11,570,808

Georgia 9,992,167

Michigan 9,895,622

North Carolina 9,848,060

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_population

So if I'm doing this right...Georgia should be expected to be #8 on the list just by population. But they are 10. Behind Michigan and North Carolina.

Go pick on the Piston and Hornet fans and leave the ATL out of this. Stupid post trying to paint our fans as shit when the evidence is pointing against it.

• Moderators

Just circled around to make a point made better by hawksfanatic.  Well done, sir.

That being said, the real argument to make against Atlanta is how much of the crowd cheers for the visiting star at Hawks games.  

• Like 1

Top 10 from wikipedia (always right):

California 38,332,521

Texas 26,448,193

New York 19,651,127

Florida 19,552,860

Illinois 12,882,135

Pennsylvania 12,773,801

Ohio 11,570,808

Georgia 9,992,167

Michigan 9,895,622

North Carolina 9,848,060

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_population

So if I'm doing this right...Georgia should be expected to be #8 on the list just by population. But they are 10. Behind Michigan and North Carolina.

Go pick on the Piston and Hornet fans and leave the ATL out of this. Stupid post trying to paint our fans as shit when the evidence is pointing against it.

Why would I post on forums about teams that have no interest to me?

it seems like you're being overly sensitive... Almost sounding butthurt.

The Atlanta fans are shit. They have some reasons not to give a crap about the team, but let's no pretend that they don't jump on the bandwagon for the playoffs while not giving a shit about the regular season.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Why would I post on forums about teams that have no interest to me?

it seems like you're being overly sensitive... Almost sounding butthurt.

The Atlanta fans are shit. They have some reasons not to give a crap about the team, but let's no pretend that they don't jump on the bandwagon for the playoffs while not giving a shit about the regular season.

You are trying to hate on ATL fans but you are actually proving THE OPPOSITE! This is actually evidence that ATL has good fans since they are below what would be expected of them. But you're either too stupid or too much of a hater to realize that. Either way, it has me cracking up that your best response was "oh you're butthurt" on this issue.

Edited by hawksfanatic

You are trying to hate on ATL fans but you are actually proving THE OPPOSITE! This is actually evidence that ATL has good fans since they are below what would be expected of them. But you're either too stupid or too much of a hater to realize that. Either way, it has me cracking up that your best response was "oh you're butthurt" on this issue.

You have to be a moron to believe this team has a good fan base.

"Go pick on the Piston and Hornet fans and leave the ATL out of this."

Yeah, you sound butthurt.

We we get a good look at this "good fanbase" when the Hawks play Cleveland.

You have to be a moron to believe this team has a good fan base.

"Go pick on the Piston and Hornet fans and leave the ATL out of this."

Yeah, you sound butthurt.

We we get a good look at this "good fanbase" when the Hawks play Cleveland.

THIS IS COMEDY GOLD JERRY! GOLD!

How dumb are you, really? You realize that this is not proving your point, right? Have you comprehended that? Have you understood that this goes completely against your halfassed theory that Atlanta has bad fans? Because from this, it actually shows that Georgia is better fans than expected. You're sitting there on your ass saying "these are bad fans" but you are bringing data that show the Hawks have good fans and are so f***ing stupid that you can't even realize this. I know you're a hater, and even if you put this up as a hate post then you are too stupid to realize that someone would see how f***ing stupid your post was and put in effort to show how f***ing stupid this is. SO STUPID. THIS IS BEYOND DUMB. I H A V E T O T Y P E S L O W E R F O R H O W S T U P I D Y O U A R E I N A N A T T E M P T T O G E T Y O U T O R E A L I Z E T H I S.

"You are butthurt"

Wow. Insightful! Wonderful! Why not hate on me for putting in effort for being a fan, that works right? Yeah! Let's hate on those people who put in effort so that they won't put in so much effort and make hots look like a f***ing idiot. Good plan, you're great.

THIS IS COMEDY GOLD JERRY! GOLD!

How dumb are you, really? You realize that this is not proving your point, right? Have you comprehended that? Have you understood that this goes completely against your halfassed theory that Atlanta has bad fans? Because from this, it actually shows that Georgia is better fans than expected. You're sitting there on your ass saying "these are bad fans" but you are bringing data that show the Hawks have good fans and are so f***ing stupid that you can't even realize this. I know you're a hater, and even if you put this up as a hate post then you are too stupid to realize that someone would see how f***ing stupid your post was and put in effort to show how f***ing stupid this is. SO STUPID. THIS IS BEYOND DUMB. I H A V E T O T Y P E S L O W E R F O R H O W S T U P I D Y O U A R E I N A N A T T E M P T T O G E T Y O U T O R E A L I Z E T H I S.

"You are butthurt"

Wow. Insightful! Wonderful! Why not hate on me for putting in effort for being a fan, that works right? Yeah! Let's hate on those people who put in effort so that they won't put in so much effort and make hots look like a f***ing idiot. Good plan, you're great.

Yeah, the owners tried to sell Laker jersey's because Atlanta has so many quality fans. I can look and see the seats are empty almost every game and know that Atlanta lacks a quality fan base. But I'm the idiot.... Yeah, ok. 

To be fair, this is based on facebook crap and so it's very understandable if you find this worthless info.

But, you have to be an crazy to believe the Hawks have a strong base. 

If (for an example) you expected the Hawks to have 2,000 fans and they actually have 3,000.... That's better than expected also, but it does not  mean that the team has a strong fan base.

Regardless of which team you are a big fan of, when they are eliminated

in the playoffs, you have two choices:

1- Sit home and pout and grumble because you have no team to follow.

2- Choose one of the teams remaining in the playoffs and follow them

and cheer for them until they are eliminated or they win it all.

Me, I'm a #2.  After the Hawks had finished for the season, I became a fan

of the Hawks west, AKA the guys we're emulating, and followed them and

rooted for them.

I didn't betray my Hawk team.  I was and am still a Hawk fan.  Yet, for that

period of time, I became a big fan of another NBA team.

Now, the question:  Which are you?  #1 or #2?

GO ATLANTA HAWKS - - -WIN THAT HOME OPENER!

Edited by Gray Mule

Some serious self loathing on display here

And hes just saying your argument is bad (and its very bad based on your evidence) not that you're wrong.

Bingo.

Yeah, shitty fans we have that travel multiple states away to make it to the opener. They suck, huh?

Some serious self loathing on display here

And hes just saying your argument is bad (and its very bad based on your evidence) not that you're wrong.

All the evidence I need is those empty seats. And even when the Hawks good ticket sales for a game it will be when a superstar team is in town, and often times the support for the home team is less than stellar. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Plus to be honest dont we hear enough atlanta sucks stories. Like no offenese but youre not helping anything by being a ******* about it.

Like does bashing your home town really make you that happy? Is your personal life THAT miserable?

Edited by AHF