• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap is definitely a better fit than Horford

Diesel

There is zero guarantee that we will get to re-sign Millsap. Trading Horford could be catastrophic.

Better guarantee than most given that Hawks brass brought him in, have made him the man both on and off the court with his 3D poster and numerous fan promotions, gave him enough pub to make his first All Star team and oh, can pay him more.

If you're operating under the assumption that he might walk next summer then what exactly is preventing you from believing that Horf might walk too in 2 summers?

Edited by MaceCase

Right now.

My feeling is that Horf won't be the same Horf for a while. Maybe ever. We are coming to the end of Sap's contract with us and we have to make the right decision on how things will go.

Bud is acting GM right now, but this may be our chance.

There are some schools of thought:

Trade Al for a established player Asik and a pick...?

Trade Al for a shot in the lottery and go after Towns or Okafur?

Keep Al and Sap?

Keep Al and trade Sap?

What will happen? Who knows. My guess is nothing.

NO is not trading Asik. AD and Asik are a match made in heaven. They were made for each other

Garbage post is garbage. You make zero sense and your post is loaded with foolishness and bias. I am about to put you back on ignore. So much for trying to give you a chance to prove you improved as a poster.

This is how you respond to getting spanked in a argument? Put someone on ignore? Thumbs down

• Like 1

Better guarantee than most given that Hawks brass brought him in, have made him the man both on and off the court with his 3D poster and numerous fan promotions, gave him enough pub to make his first All Star team and oh, can pay him more.

If you're operating under the assumption that he might walk next summer then what exactly is preventing you from believing that Horf might walk too in 2 summers?

We had no shot at resigning Korver either so I'll take those odds.

Garbage post is garbage. You make zero sense and your post is loaded with foolishness and bias. I am about to put you back on ignore. So much for trying to give you a chance to prove you improved as a poster.

Between this and the one star thread by a one star poster you've got me laughing my ass off.

But putting my moderating hat on for a minute, let's be civil and respond to the post without insulting the poster please.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

NO is not trading Asik. AD and Asik are a match made in heaven. They were made for each other

Asik is a utility guy who will get you rebounds and blocks.  Horf is a former Allstar who can get your rebounds and at the same time allow AD to grow some as a Center.  I don't see him as PF forever.

Asik is a utility guy who will get you rebounds and blocks.  Horf is a former Allstar who can get your rebounds and at the same time allow AD to grow some as a Center.  I don't see him as PF forever.

What part of lanky and pure face-up game screams "shouldn't be a PF"?  Davis is a guy that will legitimately get you 22+ and 10+ on his own, he needs a guy that will not only handle but be content with handling the dirty work and not some guy happy pussyfooting around from 18 feet out, they already have a guy in Ryan Anderson for that.

• Like 2

AD will be the TD of this generation in terms of always having a bruiser type next to him so he doesn't have to do the dirty.  He will in spot minutes only.

Asik is a utility guy who will get you rebounds and blocks. Horf is a former Allstar who can get your rebounds and at the same time allow AD to grow some as a Center. I don't see him as PF forever.

I stand bye what I said. They are perfect for each other and work better then AD + Al no matter how many all-star he has.

• Premium Member

What part of lanky and pure face-up game screams "shouldn't be a PF"?  Davis is a guy that will legitimately get you 22+ and 10+ on his own, he needs a guy that will not only handle but be content with handling the dirty work and not some guy happy pussyfooting around from 18 feet out, they already have a guy in Ryan Anderson for that.

It's not defensively smart to have AD out on the perimeter running through picks trying to guard a stretch 4.  Away from the rim.  Moreover, he will gain some weight.  For that reason I think he will be moved over to C eventually.  You should have seen Camby-man at UMass.  He was just as Spry as Davis.  Some thought that he would remain a PF too.

Perhaps they will be good in the future. This team has no future.

This is a young vet team with only a couple of players that can improve. Dennis is the only player this team has for the future. Everyone else is a now player or a player that is not very good.

Fair enough. Even though I didn't enjoy the result, I enjoyed the game. Games like this show me we're not far from the top of the East. There's not a single team I fear in a matchup. I think we're close to making the ECF.

Fair enough. Even though I didn't enjoy the result, I enjoyed the game. Games like this show me we're not far from the top of the East. There's not a single team I fear in a matchup. I think we're close to making the ECF.

How can you possibly feel that way? This team hasn't beaten anyone that is really good.

This team is not even close to being really good. Not even close.

Really, it seemed like Toronto would get a lead and then lose their Concentration.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

It's not defensively smart to have AD out on the perimeter running through picks trying to guard a stretch 4.  Away from the rim.  Moreover, he will gain some weight.  For that reason I think he will be moved over to C eventually.  You should have seen Camby-man at UMass.  He was just as Spry as Davis.  Some thought that he would remain a PF too.

It's defensively smart because Davis moves like a guard and further covers ground with his length, that's negated against bigger guys that can just put a shoulder into him and displace him. The guy has led the league in blocked jumpers http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2014/11/21/anthony-davis-already-best-something/so stating that that isn't "smart" demonstrates an ignorance on your part.  He may gain some weight but not nearly enough on that frame and not without sacrificing what makes him special.  Camby never had half the offensive talent that Davis has and that lack played a big reason in why he had to play C.  But of course, I doubt you realized or would admit that Camby was also incredibly injury prone throughout his career thanks to having to play C so why exactly is that a smart decision to subject a franchise level player to the same punishment?

How can you possibly feel that way? This team hasn't beaten anyone that is really good.

This team is not even close to being really good. Not even close.

Instead of focusing on the end result, I focus on what we did well during the game. Teague, Horford, and Korver had good games against a good defensive team in Toronto. Without Thabo, I think are perimeter defense was exposed. Toronto's got big guards who were hittng their shots. Inside however none of their bigs did anything of note. If we get Thabo back, and cut down on our mental errors we're right with them in a playoff series.