• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Please, Hawks, don't do it!

Gray Mule

Aww little buddy when's the last National Championship that GT has in college football? Or even played in the title game?

Lol, Ken Dorsey's not walking thru that door.  Neither is Vilma, Ed Reed or Clinton Portis.  And even if they do, they're gonna be old and grey.

Lol, Ken Dorsey's not walking thru that door.  Neither is Vilma, Ed Reed or Clinton Portis.  And even if they do, they're gonna be old and grey.

It's only been 24 years since GT played for anything meaningful, which seems like a short time frame for GT. On the other hand it's been 13 years for Miami, which seems like a lifetime for our fans who expect to win. 

@kg01 First time pettin the puss?

This warrants digging this up ..

LolBitchPlease.gif

It's only been 24 years since GT played for anything meaningful, which seems like a short time frame for GT. On the other hand it's been 13 years for Miami, which seems like a lifetime for our fans who expect to win. 

We can debate this in the proper forum if you like.  Long story short, some places are playing by different rules than others.

We can debate this in the proper forum if you like.  Long story short, some places are playing by different rules than others.

Those unfamiliar rules that you are referring to is called winning. Don't worry, someday your team will maybe win something of significance. Hey how's your baseball team doing?? 

And yes we shouldn't continue to dwell on this here as it's not the proper place. Just like GT doesn't belong in a real football conference. 

Those unfamiliar rules that you are referring to is called winning. Don't worry, someday your team will maybe win something of significance. Hey how's your baseball team doing?? 

And yes we shouldn't continue to dwell on this here as it's not the proper place. Just like GT doesn't belong in a real football conference. 

Sigh, ok, ok.  I know when to admit defeat.  Hey, you win.  Miami football > GT football.  Baseball too.

Then again, if we had a school-sanctioned system in place to pay players, we'd prolly win a little bit more too.  Funny no Miami championships were vacated from all that ... since there weren't any.

If you're gonna cheat, atleast win a trophy or two while doing it.

Sigh, ok, ok.  I know when to admit defeat.  Hey, you win.  Miami football > GT football.  Baseball too.

Then again, if we had a school-sanctioned system in place to pay players, we'd prolly win a little bit more too.  Funny no Miami championships were vacated from all that ... since there weren't any.

If you're gonna cheat, atleast win a trophy or two while doing it.

This is true we never had to cheat to win our championships.

Hell you'd think GT would be able to "engineer" a title by now. But the sad thing is you may not even be old enough to remember the last time GT played for anything meaningful.

This is true we never had to cheat to win our championships.

Hell you'd think GT would be able to "engineer" a title by now. But the sad thing is you may not even be old enough to remember the last time GT played for anything meaningful.

Nah, I remember '91.  Heh, Saturday nite was pretty meaningful for me.  It'll be interesting to see where each team heads in the coming years.  I venture to say we have a head start on the current U regime until D'Onofrio or 'Onofrio is gone.

And lol @ @JayBirdHawk tryna start some mess. no.gif

Nah, I remember '91.  Heh, Saturday nite was pretty meaningful for me.  It'll be interesting to see where each team heads in the coming years.  I venture to say we have a head start on the current U regime until D'Onofrio or 'Onofrio is gone.

And lol @ @JayBirdHawk tryna start some mess. no.gif

Actually the U will be coming back now that we've gotten rid of the witch Donna Shalala, who's ironically been with the school since 2001 and is now thankfully retiring. Look out ACC! 

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article1991103.html

• Premium Member

Hey now, easy on GT Football! They will never be a national powerhouse but it is a very successful program.

There is no reason for the Hawks to be arrogant considering that the Hawks have the WEAKEST strength of schedule so far

This is so overrated.  Cleveland is rated as having the 7th hardest schedule.  Lets compare the two.

We both have played 8 away games while we have played 11 home games to their 10.

Common opponents: We both have played NYK x2, Utah, Tor x2, SAS, Celtics, Pelicans, Denver, Wizards, Indiana

Games only Cleveland has played: Denver, Washington, Orlando, Chicago, Portland, Milwaukee

Games only Atlanta has played: Char x2, Lakers, Miami x2, Brooklyn, Detroit,

I'm not seeing the huge difference between the two schedules. Cleveland has faced one more playoff team than we have and I will give them credit for their trio of Washington/Chicago/Portland being tougher than Miami/Miami/Brooklyn.  It's nothing to make a big deal about though. Plus, we lost 2 of the 4 games against the very bad competition that we have only faced so it's not like we took advantage of the easier games.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

This is so overrated.  Cleveland is rated as having the 7th hardest schedule.  Lets compare the two.

We both have played 8 away games while we have played 11 home games to their 10.

Common opponents: We both have played NYK x2, Utah, Tor x2, SAS, Celtics, Pelicans, Denver, Wizards, Indiana

Games only Cleveland has played: Denver, Washington, Orlando, Chicago, Portland, Milwaukee

Games only Atlanta has played: Char x2, Lakers, Miami x2, Brooklyn, Detroit,

I'm not seeing the huge difference between the two schedules. Cleveland has faced one more playoff team than we have and I will give them credit for their trio of Washington/Chicago/Portland being tougher than Miami/Miami/Brooklyn.  It's nothing to make a big deal about though. Plus, we lost 2 of the 4 games against the very bad competition that we have only faced so it's not like we took advantage of the easier games.

Haven't we played Denver and Washington?