• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Early Offseason Talks (details on FA rights)

I may be in the minority, probably for sure, but I would like to re-sign the guys that are up for FA.  I'm not a number cruncher, and don't know if it's possible.  Gives me a headache.  I like our team the way it's shaped.  We're showing results on the floor.  Finish the year, and give Bud's system another year, we could be really good.  The East is bad, we can compete with anyone.  I'd say the Cavs or Toronto are the cream of the crop, perhaps Washington...but we all saw what we did to Cleveland on their home court.....

I may be in the minority, probably for sure, but I would like to re-sign the guys that are up for FA. I'm not a number cruncher, and don't know if it's possible. Gives me a headache. I like our team the way it's shaped. We're showing results on the floor. Finish the year, and give Bud's system another year, we could be really good. The East is bad, we can compete with anyone. I'd say the Cavs or Toronto are the cream of the crop, perhaps Washington...but we all saw what we did to Cleveland on their home court.....

There is no cream of the crop in the east , and if there was Cleveland would not be it. Their makeup has a huge flaw that they will not just be able to patch up.

There is no cream of the crop in the east , and if there was Cleveland would not be it. Their makeup has a huge flaw that they will not just be able to patch up.

It's a small sample size.  Cleveland will get better and better.  The same thing happened in Miami with the "big 3".... started slow but put it together.  It takes time to gel....

I agree and can see him as a top target for the Hawks this offseason.

I could see him giving the Bulls a hometown discount though given the whole history/story there.  Them taking him with the last pick in the 1st round thus making it a cinderella/rags to riches story and all that.

• Premium Member

I could see him giving the Bulls a hometown discount though given the whole history/story there. Them taking him with the last pick in the 1st round thus making it a cinderella/rags to riches story and all that.

They offered him a 4 year 40 million extension and he turned it down because he wanted 14 million per. He's probably gonna get that and more.

They could do worse than Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard; a LOT worse. And while I also think that Butler stays in Chicago, Leonard is a very interesting name. IMHO, he can be had, especially if Duncan and Pop steps away.

A frontcourt of Leonard, Millsap, and Horford would make them a favorite in the East; plain and simple. They would be neck and neck with the Lebrons in Cleveland and hitting their primes. No complaints there...

I don't think Chicago and San Antonio can afford to let them go. Well, I should never doubt that dark Spurs magic, but Chicago needs Butler with all the disappointment and uncertainty surrounding Rose. Either one would potentially put us over the top. Especially if we could work some of that 3pt magic on them. (The NBA is a magical league! *insert picture of Magic in a Magic jersey*)

They offered him a 4 year 40 million extension and he turned it down because he wanted 14 million per. He's probably gonna get that and more.

Interesting.  Would he really get that from a contender though?  I could see some bottom-feeder paying him that and him fading off into the bolivion (as Mike Tyson would say), but I can't see anyone who plans on winning making him that guy.

What's the going rate on SG's anyways.  Bradley got what $8mil from BOS.  Nick young got a little less.  $10mil per sounds about right for Butler.  He's gotten better but he's not great.  If he was CHI would be better this year.  Just my ramblings ...

• Premium Member

Interesting. Would he really get that from a contender though? I could see some bottom-feeder paying him that and him fading off into the bolivion (as Mike Tyson would say), but I can't see anyone who plans on winning making him that guy.

What's the going rate on SG's anyways. Bradley got what $8mil from BOS. Nick young got a little less. $10mil per sounds about right for Butler. He's gotten better but he's not great. If he was CHI would be better this year. Just my ramblings ...

With the numbers he's putting up this year and with him being a two way player, yeah I think he's going to get more than 10 million per. I also see him as a shoe-in for the All Star game which will also drive up his asking price.

It's a small sample size. Cleveland will get better and better. The same thing happened in Miami with the "big 3".... started slow but put it together. It takes time to gel....

I disagree 100% with this. While its true Miami started in a similar way , but for one example , Bosh and Wade are not anemic on defense , and also Lebron has clearly took a step back since there is a HGH policy in effect now. Could they collect themselves and be contenders in the east? Well sure they can , but they will not be head and shoulders above anyone.

Interesting.  Would he really get that from a contender though?  I could see some bottom-feeder paying him that and him fading off into the bolivion (as Mike Tyson would say), but I can't see anyone who plans on winning making him that guy.

What's the going rate on SG's anyways.  Bradley got what $8mil from BOS.  Nick young got a little less.  $10mil per sounds about right for Butler.  He's gotten better but he's not great.  If he was CHI would be better this year.  Just my ramblings ...

Butler has been one of the very best scorers in the league and he has elite defensive ability. $10mil per would be a slap in the face at this rate. 

I think Butler might have leapfrogged him with his play this season.

Kawhi is a complete package not someone who can get you a few buckets. Not even close to a perfect as Kawhi would be for this team either

• Like 1

I disagree 100% with this. While its true Miami started in a similar way , but for one example , Bosh and Wade are not anemic on defense , and also Lebron has clearly took a step back since there is a HGH policy in effect now. Could they collect themselves and be contenders in the east? Well sure they can , but they will not be head and shoulders above anyone.

I dunno man, it's hard to count out a team with arguably the best player in the world, an all star game MVP, and Kevin Love. In a garbage East???

• Moderators

I dunno man, it's hard to count out a team with arguably the best player in the world, an all star game MVP, and Kevin Love. In a garbage East???

I would not count them out.  At all.  Time is their friend.

• Like 1

Not counting them out at all. I just think that they are not , and will not be another Heat. I thought I made that pretty clear.