• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Which is insane considering their frontcourt - Gasol, Gibson, Noah, Mirotic.  Why would you play him anywhere close to those minutes?

I was wrong, 36MPG as of now but that's not any better. It was 37 before last night's game. That's crazy. Thibs is psycho. He has his mind stuck on one way and runs with it. Genius but not tangible. I will say he is an excellent assistant but as a HC, too extreme. Makes Pat Riley coaching extremist ways look like Coach Byron Scott. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Moderators

Thibs is terrible at managing his players. Come playoff time Pau will be a burnt out spainard

You would think he'd be conscious of this by now.   I'm sure he hears the criticism.   It seems like he's ultra competitive and just dying to win every game. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice certain games or at least throw some trust in the bench and see what happens.

You would think he'd be conscious of this by now. I'm sure he hears the criticism. It seems like he's ultra competitive and just dying to win every game. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice certain games or at least throw some trust in the bench and see what happens.

Probably more along the lines of anxiety and distrust in his bench players. At this point they may as well take the bench away in Chicago and just put E.R.beds over there. People wonder why they cannot stay healthy. I have a pretty good idea as to why

I read somewhere that Chicago has really intense practices throughout the regular season as well. Thibs is so overrated.  He gets a ton of credit for his teams surprising regular season records which are the result of him running his players in to the ground.  They always exit the playoffs early.

• Moderators

The bench in Chicago this year is excellent though.  Gibson averages 15 and 9 with excellent D per 36 with a 0.153 WS/48.  Mirotic is even better at 15 and 10 with 1.5 bp36 and 1 sp36 with the team's best defensive rating and a 2nd best on the team 0.168 WS/48.

The easiest solution here is to significantly increase Mirotic's minutes and decrease Gasol's.

In other news regarding the Bulls: 

Anyone listen to 670AM the Mully/Hanley show this morning and hear Crowley? To be honest I can't believe he's still on the beat. He's got to be black-balled after his Rose story earlier in the year. Who affiliated with the organization (except maybe an employee on his way out) would give him a story? Most people take Cowley's words with a grain of salt. 

Anyways so on 670AM this morning he said Noah's knee was "bone on bone" and this will affect him the rest of his career. He said we targeted Gasol because Noah's future is so uncertain.

Which is insane considering their frontcourt - Gasol, Gibson, Noah, Mirotic. Why would you play him anywhere close to those minutes?

Sssshhhhhhh...some people don't mind his excess minutes-fantasy owner

I just hate Rose. He can't feel the rhythym of the game at all when the stars do align for him to actually play.

I used to view him and Westbrook on the same level, but 'Brook has blown past him becuase his experience shows, he's bigger, actually appreciates his ability and oppurtunity, and can fit more neatly into either a 1 or 2 box while Rose can't fit either. Their rhythym and chemistry as a team will never be where ours is becuase of all the fuss and coddling over Rose when Noah and Butler are the clear leaders and heartbeat of that team, who's calling card is defense, something Rose has never been noted for. He missed this last game due to sickness? GTFOH.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I just hate Rose. He can't feel the rhythym of the game at all when the stars do align for him to actually play.

I used to view him and Westbrook on the same level, but 'Brook has blown past him becuase his experience shows, he's bigger, actually appreciates his ability and oppurtunity, and can fit more neatly into either a 1 or 2 box while Rose can't fit either. Their rhythym and chemistry as a team will never be where ours is becuase of all the fuss and coddling over Rose when Noah and Butler are the clear leaders and heartbeat of that team, who's calling card is defense, something Rose has never been noted for. He missed this last game due to sickness? GTFOH.

I think I agree with all this.  Bulls could quite possibly miss their window waiting on Rose to decide to play.  "Sickness"?  Really after these last 2 years he should be dragging himself onto the court.  Wonder if the Bulls will cut bait on the hometown guy while he still has value?

I think I agree with all this. Bulls could quite possibly miss their window waiting on Rose to decide to play. "Sickness"? Really after these last 2 years he should be dragging himself onto the court. Wonder if the Bulls will cut bait on the hometown guy while he still has value?

If I were their FO I would have been trying for the last year