• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks 3rd on Hollinger Power Ranking !

asdogg

Respect ! Monday we should be top 5 in the major power rankings! Is this the deepest in the season we have been ranked so high? I remember we were ranked one on ESPN a few years back but it was prolly in Novemeber..

espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Edited by asdogg
  • Like 3

Until the SECSPN gets down on its knees and apologizes for it's complete lack of coverage on our Hawks I don't care where Hollinger/Stein or anybody else ranks our team! We just beat the Rockets at home and Are the first Eastern Conference team to do so this season! We have won 12 of 13 and not a single mention of the Hawks! I don't mind flying under the radar but Dayum...are we in a train?

• Like 1

I've still yet to see a single Hawks win on the front page of BSPN. Beat the King. Beat the leagues leading scorer and best C. Beat the favorites in the East. That's a hell of a week and doing that without our starting PG for most of it is just insane.

• Like 3

Respect ! Monday we should be top 5 in the major power rankings! Is this the deepest in the season we have been ranked so high? I remember we were ranked one on ESPN a few years back but it was prolly in Novemeber..

espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

One year the team started like 6-0.... Was it 2009? 

I think it was the year that followed the series loss to Boston.

I've still yet to see a single Hawks win on the front page of BSPN. Beat the King. Beat the leagues leading scorer and best C. Beat the favorites in the East. That's a hell of a week and doing that without our starting PG for most of it is just insane.

The Houston fans are bitching about the refs on their fan forums.

The Hawks usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to the refs and so I don't feel bad over any missed calls that went in their favor.

• Like 4

@Hotlanta1981

It seems that the refs are noticing how this team plays and are giving us the benefit of the doubt on calls.  Houston plays out of control at times and the refs can see that. The Hawks, on the other hand, play  sound, fundamental basketball which the refs reward. I think this is human nature; we give those doing things "the right way" a little more slack than those who don't.

Im not buying that we had the benefit of a bunch of bad calls against houston. At least 4 of Hardens FTs came from bogus calls. He drove in to the lane and launched himself in to pero while pero was backing up and they reward him FTs. They should blame their players for not being able to keep their cool. Thats what happens when you have "stars" who are actually "primadonnas". Millsap gets hacked every other possession and never gets a whistle. He doesnt lose his cool over it either. He just keeps grinding and gets back on defense.

• Like 4

Hollinger Power Ranking #2

Rating 106.758

CBS Sports Rank 2

The Hawks are as good on offense per possession (7th) as they are on defense per possession (No. 7), and are winning games they should and games vs. tough opponents (like Saturday's win vs. the Rockets). Maybe, just maybe, this is a Hawks team you can believe in.

NBA .com  Rank 4

Someone needs to figure out what the Hawks ate for Thanksgiving, because they've been a totally different (defensive) team since then. Their only loss came at the buzzer, and after wins against the Bulls, in Cleveland and in Houston, you can throw the weak-schedule thing out the window. Maybe Spurs fans can adopt Spurs East for a while.

ESPN (Marc Stein)  Rank Pending 

As of last Monday, Atlanta had played the NBA's weakest schedule. On this Monday, Atlanta is reveling in wins over Chicago (home), Cleveland (road) and Houston (road), generating more Spurs East talk than ever and making me look good (for a change) for picking Mike Bud as preseason COY.

Oh by the way were ranked number 1 by Stein in 2009 but week 3 ...Yes this is the deepest in the season we have been ranked so high in well over 15 years! Sad but true. Go Hawksno.gif 

• Like 2