• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One thing that scares me about Coach Bud...

diamond_dave

That's fine, he built the system, not the team. Ferry built the team, no matter how many of you want to take that away from him. He started building it a year before Bud even got here. 

Fair enough.

My point was he currently has full control of the team (Coach and GM) and with the way were are winning, if Ferry isn't coming back the new owner(s) will be fools handpicking another GM to mess things up (the GM will at the least be hand picked by Bud ala SVG's Pistons). I still say he (and Ferry) built this team. You can't tell me Ferry would sign/trade for someone Bud didn't want; so Bud and Ferry worked together.

I agree we need to lock up bud pronto but I think many of you overreact when yall think new owners would come in an dismantle this Hawks team! Lol

Hawks actually look like a winning TEAM for the first time in probably 20 years...if anything an owner with BIG pockets will try to come in and keep this same team while trying to add a star. That's what I believe is going to happen for our Hawks.

No owner is going to come in and destroy this talented team and more than like ferry is probably coming back if I had to be honest, he's just going to have to take a shit load of classes when he comes back as well as some other things as well. Ferry had plenty of black supporters speak out that's on his side to give him another chance...Magic Johnson being the most known voicd

You know what I love about this?

The Hawks are showing us what the Spurs have shown us for years.  Team basketball wins when you have players who are over themselves and are more about team success than individual success.  

You know what I love about this NBA season?

Toronto, Atlanta, Portland, and Memphis are all proving so far that if you play great team basketball, you don't need a group of superstar players to have success.  

My dream is to see Atlanta and Memphis face off in an All South NBA Finals.  

• Like 2

Fair enough.

My point was he currently has full control of the team (Coach and GM) and with the way were are winning, if Ferry isn't coming back the new owner(s) will be fools handpicking another GM to mess things up (the GM will at the least be hand picked by Bud ala SVG's Pistons). I still say he (and Ferry) built this team. You can't tell me Ferry would sign/trade for someone Bud didn't want; so Bud and Ferry worked together.

From all accounts he's not actually the acting GM. The actual acting GM is Wes Wilcox.

Plus I wouldn't trust Bud as the GM without him ever doing anything GM like. But I'd easily pay him long term as one of the leagues top coaches and let him pick his GM.

I think we all have to give Ferry some credit for how HE and BUD worked to get the right players into the system.  Bill Parcells said something about picking the groceries.  Ferry helped Bud do that and I hate that he made that stupid MISTAKE.  That being said, I wouldn't want Ferry to be injected anytime soon due to the focus this team seems to have.

On another note, we're one smart move away sans a superstar of building a very special team.  As is, free agents (Except the useless Carmelo) are taking notice.  Look at the comments from a few people:

Lang Greene @LangGreene 22 Dec 11:05 ET

Listen Danny Ferry may still be in exile, but there's no denying his fingerprints all over the Hawks' current team.

Rondo showed flashes (finishing, D in 4Q), but spacing is cramped and teammates not used to his passes. Bigger story: Hawks are really good

Sweep the Texas Two Step? This Hawks team is different.

BUILD IT, AND THEY WILL COME.  PROUD TO BE A HAWKS FAN.

Edited by deester11

Who is the GM for Detroit: Stan Van Gundy or Jeff Bower?

Who has the final say?

That's a completely different situation.  Everyone knows that SVG was given full control or at least final say. Bud doesn't have that here and it was reported just a few days ago that Wilcox was our acting GM for all intents and purposes.

Does anyone know if Ferry can have any contact with WIlcox or Bud?

I don't think anybody here is going to know that. I'm sure he can if he wants to.