• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(...)

Wretch

Danny and Bud deserve a lot of the credit, obviously., of this start. I got to give as much to the players. Not one gives a sh@t about individual accolades. Total unselfishness. For example, I know Horf is playing back into shape... But he's not having a good year stat wise. He doesn't complain. Thabo doesn't score, but he doesn't care... 10 boards and great defense....I guess what I'm saying is these guys like each other and are having fun.

• Like 3

Y'know...it figures, for 30 years I have been such a positive and devoted fan.  I have argued people down, been laughed out of so many conversations, and stayed true through it all...

LOL, and the one year that I give up on my team (and yes people, I gave up)...  The one year I give up, they decide to be badass.  I always believed that if you could get a bunch of REALLY good players together, that you could contend.  I just didn't believe that this particular collection of players could do it.  Boy was I wrong.  I still can't shake the fear of the playoffs, but it's time for me to give this team it's due.  

GOOD JOB DANNY FERRY.  We are the Spurs-East and I totally see it now.  Can't wait for the post season...omg.  Can't believe this is happening right now.

Please don't start believing and watching this team again. You're clearly the jinx. Give up, go away, see you in the offseason. 

• Like 1

Please don't start believing and watching this team again. You're clearly the jinx. Give up, go away, see you in the offseason. 

Heeey, I know you .... you're dead man ... we killed you ...

• Premium Member

I might be Dolf. lol

Year after year, so frustrated...  I'm like...when will it EVER be this team's turn.  I thought for sure we had it when we faced the Bulls that year.  Thought for sure when we came back against Boston.  Thought for sure the year we traded Nique.  Thought for sure that year we started out like 12 in a row...  I even thought it was coming when we cleared enough space for CP3/Howard.

I've waited a long time to see a contender in ATL and have spent so many years being so faithful and positive.  The second I go all in and give up...BOOM.  

IN-SANE.

I hardly miss a game though.  You gotta remember, for the past 30 years...since I was in elementary school, been glued to Hawks basketball.  So, tuning in is not the jinx.  :)

...and Hawks playing like this, I gotta believe dude.  No way I can waste this monumental turning point after 30 years of fandom!  

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Phillips arena will be rocking on Wednesday night!!!! I wish I can be part of it,, but sadly i live in Los Angeles :( but I will still cheer for them all the way from here !!!! :) Go Hawks go!!!!

Also, I can't actually wait to see how Tinderbox date night going to looks like lol :)

26 years.. just a bunch of old farts around here..

Would not change those 26 years

29 for me.  We are indeed a bunch of old foggies.

My dad started my off watching Hawks games after Sanford & Son on TBS.  Some of my best memories of childhood.  Reminds me I gotta call that old dude.

Can we all just get a group hug going

Bring it in @taz ...

29 for me. We are indeed a bunch of old foggies.

My dad started my off watching Hawks games after Sanford & Son on TBS. Some of my best memories of childhood. Reminds me I gotta call that old dude.

Bring it in @taz ...

TBS IN THE 80'S and 90's = greatest TV ever..

• Premium Member

This is how bad it got for me....and when I realized that I was a bit of a "hater"

My older brother is who got me into basketball.  He put me onto the Showtime Lakers (and I'm still partial to them when they don't play the Hawks) the next season, after he saw how much I loved basketball, he showed me that the NBA hat a team in Georgia...and that was IT.  For many years, it was just me and my big brother...screaming and hollering about that team.  Seemed like nobody in the city knew or cared that there was a pro basketball team in Georgia.  It was all Bulls, Celts, Lakers, Pistons...

Over 30 years, my brother and I always agreed on whether or not the Hawks were gonna be good or bad and shared all the ups and downs together.  Thanksgiving this year at mom's, we started talking about the Hawks.  He was all positive and full of hope, and I was every bit of the cautious-pessimist you guys have seen around here.  He flat out told me that I wasn't a true fan.  He said he didn't care what those other teams were doing...we looked good and that we could beat anybody in the conference.

I felt shitty.  Right then, I felt like I was on the wrong side of the fence.  My bro really didn't have anything to back up his optimism...he just believed like a true fan should.  And he looked at me like I had just turned my back on the team.

So this is all a little bittersweet for me...and I still can't shake the fear of the post season.