• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Clippers

lethalweapon3

I saw the will to win vanish from the Clips in the middle of the fourth quarter.

I know I'm a big puss, but every time I watch this team I get a little choked up as the minutes are ticking off the clock with everything this organization has been through.

I loved the pregame interview with Teague. Andre asked Teague about Bazemore's OD college team being ranked an Teague just dropped the Mike and left laughing. These guys love each other and play for each other. You just don't see see this in professional sports now days.

In the words of Norman Dale, 'I love you guys'!

There are clearly college/ military undertones all over the makeup and style of this team. The diligence of the brass to identify the type of professionals who would actually subscribe to that style can't be discounted.

I've never seen Bob so excited... His enthusiasm makes up for Nique's clumsy work.

True. As crunk as he gets, Steve Holman does him one better on the radio, I fear for his health sometimes. Love Nique to death, but my God we need a better analyst to do justice for this team. He's cringeworthy most of the night, repeating what Bob just said or stating the painfully obvious.
  • Like 1

True. As crunk as he gets, Steve Holman does him one better on the radio, I fear for his health sometimes. Love Nique to death, but my God we need a better analyst to do justice for this team. He's cringeworthy most of the night, repeating what Bob just said or stating the painfully obvious.

Bring back the Stinger! Or Ferrell wasnt bad at all when he subbed for D21 last year.

Edited by diamond_dave

I love Nique now as a broadcaster as he's hilarious. You never know what name he's going to jack up next.  In fact I've Tweeted to Bob and Nique about this and Bob has replied with some funny stuff. He clearly knows that Nique does it. 

And Bob talking about his legs needing some sun last night was hilarious to me. 

• Like 3

I love Nique now as a broadcaster as he's hilarious. You never know what name he's going to jack up next. In fact I've Tweeted to Bob and Nique about this and Bob has replied with some funny stuff. He clearly knows that Nique does it.

And Bob talking about his legs needing some sun last night was hilarious to me.

Please lets not get rid of Nique (again). Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of listening to Bob talking about his pale legs as I have the nba package and due to a road game last night I had to listen to Lawler's law (first to 100 points wins)...the law..as well as BIIIIIIIAAANNNGGGGOOO when any 3 is made. Luckily he didn't make a comment on Pero being from Yugoslavia like he did a few years back with everyone's favorite Grizzly backup Hammed Haddadi. Lol

I've been going back and forth on this one for a while now. I hated Nique at first when he started doing the color...then after two seasons I started to like him. But this year? Sheeesh. I think the pendulum swung the other way. He really isn't bringing any insight to the table. And it's also getting painfully obvious that he has his hands in this whole fiasco for hatred on Ferry. It's all over a childish thing too, a freaking statue. Two childs, Ferry and Nique bickering over this silly thing...this whole thing would have washed away if Ferry said "OK Nique we will give you a statue for those 2 slam dunk championships and 2nd round appearances"...but Ferry didn't want to do it. I am assuming it's because Ferry wants to put a team identity before an individual. You can't really promote a team atmosphere when you have the statue of an individual.

Anyway that's my half-baked theory. That's way more of an opinion on the Hawks than I normally give.

I never knew of the beef between the two, interesting. I side with Ferry on this one.

Watching the Clipper broadcast (due to league pass), both Lawler and Smith (Clipper announcers) were giving a lovefest to the Hawks all night.  Basically saying they are the best team in the NBA right now at least Lawler said that but Smith said he might put the Warriors ahead of us.  They were actually fun to listen to during the game.

Watching the Clipper broadcast (due to league pass), both Lawler and Smith (Clipper announcers) were giving a lovefest to the Hawks all night.  Basically saying they are the best team in the NBA right now at least Lawler said that but Smith said he might put the Warriors ahead of us.  They were actually fun to listen to during the game.

I think the only non-Hawks broadcast I watched this year was the Clippers game in Atlanta with that crew and they were putting the Hawks down several times. I'm glad I wasn't forced to watch them again but glad they are giving us some respect now at least. 

As to the best team in the NBA I don't see how anyone could put us ahead of the Warriors. They're flat out destroying teams. I honestly can't wait until we play them and see how we match up. 

• Premium Member

I think the only non-Hawks broadcast I watched this year was the Clippers game in Atlanta with that crew and they were putting the Hawks down several times. I'm glad I wasn't forced to watch them again but glad they are giving us some respect now at least. 

As to the best team in the NBA I don't see how anyone could put us ahead of the Warriors. They're flat out destroying teams. I honestly can't wait until we play them and see how we match up. 

You can argue we have been better since the Toronto loss in November. We have the best record in the NBA over that span, including our fair share of blowouts, and against better teams than the Warriors have played. Hard to argue with either pick IMO.

You can argue we have been better since the Toronto loss in November. We have the best record in the NBA over that span, including our fair share of blowouts, and against better teams than the Warriors have played. Hard to argue with either pick IMO.

How odd is it that both teams got handled by the Lakers? It has to mean something, but I got nothing, Kobe didn't play versus GS.