• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official welcome to Hawksquawk for new members and visitors

Sothron

• Moderators

Good Morning Hawksquawk! Ive checked and regularly read the squawk daily for years now, but with the changes with the site i pretty much had to make a profile. Which def isnt a bad thing! 

Im 25 & honestly i grew up a casual hawks fan. My dad always had the game playing when i was growing up. Would love to watch the Jet play. But those were some tough years. With the 98 superbowl team and the exciting years with Vick i kind of gravitated more towards football..I got my hopes up when we drafted Marvin and Shelden. I even thought that Salim had the potential to be really good.. We all kno how that worked out tho :/

Then came the 2008 series with the celtics. My senior year in HS. That series gave me the most hope in the world. I saw a potential star in joe and future star in Al. & the fight that ZaZa showed. Just encoraged me to fight for my city and team just as he did. I believe my hawks heart grew three sizes that day lol. Ever since ive been debating and arguing with college classmates and co-workers standing up for my hawks. Have lost bets and have been let down at times. But i love this team. We will reach the promise land one day.. sooner rather than later. I trust bud 

Thanks for joining in on the fun! Glad to have you on board.

~lw3

• Moderators

Hello guys...new comer here :)

I'm Iranian-American and following Arsalan Kazemi and I was excited to see him leave that crappy organization of Sixers.  Hawks are definitely a much better place and i'm hoping he can get a contract.  Most of you might not think much of him but he is an excellent team player that every playoff team needs.  I'm hoping the coaching staff realizes this preseason as he can be a valuable asset to the team.  You might think i'm biased saying this but this is based on my experience as basketball fan since late 80s.  His basketball IQ alone is worth more than any other contender for that last spot.  I feel like this Hawks team doesnt need someone like patterson cuz he doesnt bring anything extra to the team, all the current players are better, but what Kazemi brings is unique.  I'm hoping he gets some playing time today and the next games so you can see for yourself what i mean.  

Sorry about Kazemi, although I hope you'll stick around! I think he'll make it on a roster sooner or later.

~lw3

Hey all, 

Long-time fan, long-time Squawk reader from the get-go (or "lurker," if that's what the kids call it these days!). Posted a few times here or there under a different handle, long forgotten. Even going back to the old school Access Atlanta board of the late '90s LOL!

Grew up in Sixers territory, but thanks to TBS Superstation, I had the chance to watch a more exciting, high-flying brand of basketball with Nique, Spud, Willis, etc.

I think the moment Nique got robbed in the '88 dunk contest sealed the deal for me as a true Hawks fan, and I never looked back. Funny how that exact moment of Jordan's popularity overshadowing Nique has repeated over the years, and here we are, still the underdog in the shadows, finding it hard to gain respect, even after the success of last season. Well, I love the underdog, and the naysayers can keep naysaying for all I care.

Good to be here, and very excited for the season ahead!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Hey all, 

Long-time fan, long-time Squawk reader from the get-go (or "lurker," if that's what the kids call it these days!). Posted a few times here or there under a different handle, long forgotten. Even going back to the old school Access Atlanta board of the late '90s LOL!

Grew up in Sixers territory, but thanks to TBS Superstation, I had the chance to watch a more exciting, high-flying brand of basketball with Nique, Spud, Willis, etc.

I think the moment Nique got robbed in the '88 dunk contest sealed the deal for me as a true Hawks fan, and I never looked back. Funny how that exact moment of Jordan's popularity overshadowing Nique has repeated over the years, and here we are, still the underdog in the shadows, finding it hard to gain respect, even after the success of last season. Well, I love the underdog, and the naysayers can keep naysaying for all I care.

Good to be here, and very excited for the season ahead!

Welcome! A fellow Harold Katz-era survivor, I got to enjoy much more Hawks on TBS than whatever the Sixers were doing on PRISM back then!

~lw3

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Finally i signed up! Mainly cause u have to if u want continue reading this board, but anyhow its nice to be part of you guys! 

I was a guest visitor since Dennis was drafted in 2013! But huge NBA fan ever since i can remember ;) Often rooted for the Hawks in the East..

don't know why exactly, but u simply have to root for a team to make it more thrilling :)

And as few of you may know there are twin towns of Atlanta out there...i've never known Atlanta and my hometown Nuremberg were. But once i went to christmas market i found out, cause there is an annual stand from Atlanta selling applejack which is a welcome change to common glühwein ;)

I very appreciated the Hawks has drafted Dennis.. now its quite easy taking a closer look to Hawks ball and follow Dennis' career....can't wait for the new season to start!!

Greets from your twin city and have a nice time!!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Welcome everyone!  I am assuming McFly has been a member of the Squawk for years and just traveled back into the past to see the upgrade because of how epic an event it was historically.  Don't be afraid to share the Delorean!

• Like 2

Welcome everyone!  I am assuming McFly has been a member of the Squawk for years and just traveled back into the past to see the upgrade because of how epic an event it was historically.  Don't be afraid to share the Delorean!

Haha....i indeed could also give some valuable advice to the front office but that might change the future in an unforeseeable direction :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

hello everyone,

I will also send some greets to the Squawk community from Germany. Started watching the Hawks at the draft night of dennis and  since then i'm very impressed from style of "hawks basketball" (even during the bad stretch after the Horford injury 2013) . I also attended 3 Hawks Games last season (at Washington, at Philipps vs the Knicks and at Chicago) at the end of the last regular season. Thanks for your nice community especially for the best pre game reports i ever read.

Go Hawks ! ;)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

16 hours ago, MiguelP said:

Hi guys, I'm from Italy, I like to read your thoughts on this forum and I hope to be able in the future to share my thoughts too!

What!?   Does the arrival of @MiguelP foretell an impending trade for the Hawks???    I'm going to say YES.

danilo-gallinari.jpg

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Proud to be here. Lifelong basketball fan. Always watched College hoops but the past 4 years started following the Hawks. My wife is an avid fan and turned me into one once we started dating. Went to our first game in January and the love continues to grow. 

• Like 1

Proud to be here. Lifelong basketball fan. Always watched College hoops but the past 4 years started following the Hawks. My wife is an avid fan and turned me into one once we started dating. Went to our first game in January and the love continues to grow. 

How awesome is that! Is your wife a member of Hawksquawk? I turned my fiancé into a Hawks fan and now she's a rabid fan... Especially her next husband Kyle Korver lol. Welcome to Hawksquawk hope you don't have to endure 30+ years of misery like many of us here have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

How awesome is that! Is your wife a member of Hawksquawk? I turned my fiancé into a Hawks fan and now she's a rabid fan... Especially her next husband Kyle Korver lol. Welcome to Hawksquawk hope you don't have to endure 30+ years of misery like many of us here have.

Oh this is Dolfs way of casually dropping some "hey everyone I'm engaged now!" and probably wants some attention for it. But nope not me, I'm not going to say congratulations and be happy for you. Nope uh-uh, I'm a much better person than that. Personally, I'm more concerned about your safety.

RABIES IS NOT A JOKE PEOPLE. PLEASE GET VACCINATED.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Congrats you attention w?!&$!

20 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

Oh this is Dolfs way of casually dropping some "hey everyone I'm engaged now!" and probably wants some attention for it. But nope not me, I'm not going to say congratulations and be happy for you. Nope uh-uh, I'm a much better person than that. Personally, I'm more concerned about your safety.

RABIES IS NOT A JOKE PEOPLE. PLEASE GET VACCINATED.

I'm trying to work in an 'animal husbandry' joke but i cant think right now.  Still pissed about the Heat game.

Gimme a few hours, I'll think of something.