• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it possible for the Hawks to have 4 All-Stars?

ATLHawks3

It's hard for me to imagine more than 2.

Popularity is going to put some people in... like Wade and Lebron.

Then there's Rose. That's 3 guys who shouldn't get in that will get in.

The frontcourt voted in I can see as Gasol, Anthony, and Lebron.

Here's the nonhawks that deserve to go: Bosh, Wall, Lowry, Butler, Vucevic, Love, Drummond.

Then there's the question does Wins dictate weather you go or not... I mean, Love was an allstar in Minny.

If not.. Then what do you say about Tobias Harris and Michael Carter Williams?

If so, then we get 4.

Michael Carter Williams? You're kidding right? I bet coaches hate that guy. He is a turnover machine and the Sixers suck...no way, no how does he get in. Tobias is a no go as well. Team record kind of matters and the Magic aren't there.

It's hard for me to imagine more than 2.

Popularity is going to put some people in... like Wade and Lebron.

Then there's Rose.  That's 3 guys who shouldn't get in that will get in.

The frontcourt voted in I can see as Gasol, Anthony, and Lebron.

Here's the nonhawks that deserve to go:   Bosh, Wall, Lowry, Butler, Vucevic, Love, Drummond.

Then there's the question does Wins dictate weather you go or not... I mean, Love was an allstar in Minny.

If not.. Then what do you say about Tobias Harris and Michael Carter Williams?

If so, then we get 4.

Are you trying to give every team a slot...MCW? Love? (he's not playing at an All-star level this season).

One more win before 2/1 and we should have at least 8 all stars:

I was thinking about that too. If Bud and Co coach the ASG, how would that affect All Star selections? Would they be more inclined to get our guys in for the recognition for what they've been doing, or would they be more inclined to leave them off the squad to give them the extra rest?

I was thinking about that too. If Bud and Co coach the ASG, how would that affect All Star selections? Would they be more inclined to get our guys in for the recognition for what they've been doing, or would they be more inclined to leave them off the squad to give them the extra rest?

Coaches cannot vote for their own players.

• Moderators

Coaches cannot vote for their own players.

Seems like in the past though the other coaches would sometimes favor putting players from the all star coach's team right?   Don't know if i have an example.    I see that Mookie was an all star when Lenny coached and Doc was an all star the year fratello coached.  might be a good sign for Teague.

• Moderators

Honestly we should have 4 but we will probably have only two guys get in. It sucks considering Korver is on a 50/50/90 % pace...only player in nba history. I could have sworn Bird did it one season but he probably didnt get 50% from the field.

Bird was 50+% from the field about 5 times in his career.  He was never close to 50% from 3pt range.

Bird was 50+% from the field about 5 times in his career. He was never close to 50% from 3pt range.

Wow really? I thought it was opposite for him. 50 from 3 but not 50 from field. Surprising. I guess I must have watch the Celts games where he a lot of 3's. I hope Korver does it, that would be great.

• Moderators

Wow really? I thought it was opposite for him. 50 from 3 but not 50 from field. Surprising. I guess I must have watch the Celts games where he a lot of 3's. I hope Korver does it, that would be great.

He was 40+% multiple times which is great along with his defensive attention and volume of shots in an era where guys didn't grow up shooting 3s. Korver is making 50% from 3 look MUCH easier than it is!

No, just Korver, Millsap and Horford. Teague has been inconsistent this season. I can recall several games where he was outplayed by Mack and Dennis. However, I can say he's outplayed Wall, Kyrie and Lowry, when he faced up against them. Some strange reason he struggles against Jennings of all people. More than likely I could see Teague, Millsap and Horford making it. 

???

If Teague has been inconsistent, what was Al Horford back in November?

Teague has arguably been the MVP of the Hawks this year.

???

If Teague has been inconsistent, what was Al Horford back in November?

Teague has arguably been the MVP of the Hawks this year.

Getting his chemistry back down with the team. Korver would be my MVP of the Hawks pick. If you exclude the first Hawks/Cavs game, he has an impact in every aspect of the game from his 3 point shooting, help defense, rebounding and play making (which is an underrated aspect about him).

He was 40+% multiple times which is great along with his defensive attention and volume of shots in an era where guys didn't grow up shooting 3s. Korver is making 50% from 3 look MUCH easier than it is!

Korver is one of the best I've seen. Before him I'd say Ray Allen, Peja, Bird, Craig Hodges, Mark Price, Steve Kerr and maybe Hornacek, Ehlo and Dell Curry. But honestly Korver is gunning for a top shooter of all time in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...