• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it possible for the Hawks to have 4 All-Stars?

ATLHawks3

Do you think that Korver, Teague, Millsap, and Horford should play in New York this year for the All-Star game? Each of them have risen their games to an incredible level and are the main reasons why we have a 5 game lead in first place in the Eastern Conference. Will the coaches in the east recognize their value?  

• Moderators

Bill Simmons was making the case for all 4 of them in his conversation with Rose right after the game today.  (Rose advocated all but Korver and then praised Korver when Simmons brought him up).

• Like 2

Practically, I don't see any way we get 4 All-Stars unless it is next year and we are coming off a championship and dominating the East again.

Yeah I can see that. But it isn't out of the realm of possibility to have atleast 3, because Sap, Al, and Teague have been playing their asses off this season.

Honestly we should have 4 but we will probably have only two guys get in. It sucks considering Korver is on a 50/50/90 % pace...only player in nba history. I could have sworn Bird did it one season but he probably didnt get 50% from the field.

The consensus is that Jeff and Paul will get in. In my opinion, I think it should Jeff and Al. I love Paul and he really is a do-it-all player, but lately his scoring load has been lessend by the emergence of Al. Personally, I would rather have Al get his 3rd all-star appearance.

Could you imagine 4 all stars? Does that not yell Championship Pistons to you? Also imagine:

Al, Paul. Jeff, Kyle as All-Stars

Hawks coaching staff coaching the game

Antić and/or Dennis at the Rookie/Soph game.

Yeah, we'd have to be coming off a ship to get 4 like Larry Brown's Pistons, even though I think the total talent level of Teague, Kyle, Al, and Sap is superior to the Wallaces, Billups, and Hamilton. I'm sure we get two, if the coaches are smart, 3. With Kyle's historic shooting percentage combination and likability, he has a decent chance.

• Like 1

Key word: Stars.

Hawks don't have stars.  Instead, they have a team.  That's different.  Ask the "experts."

Tis said, "Atlanta can't possibly win in the playoffs.  They have no great all star."

When they, the experts, start naming all stars for each position, should we be surprised

that every position is taken by someone other than an Atlanta Hawk?

Maybe we get a token selection because we are in 1st place.  But four?  No way.

To me, this is sad but I suppose that this is the way things are.  The same reasoning

that says we can't possibly win the east will be used when selecting all star players.

scenic.gif

• Like 1

Do you think that Korver, Teague, Millsap, and Horford should play in New York this year for the All-Star game? Each of them have risen their games to an incredible level and are the main reasons why we have a 5 game lead in first place in the Eastern Conference. Will the coaches in the east recognize their value?  

No, just Korver, Millsap and Horford. Teague has been inconsistent this season. I can recall several games where he was outplayed by Mack and Dennis. However, I can say he's outplayed Wall, Kyrie and Lowry, when he faced up against them. Some strange reason he struggles against Jennings of all people. More than likely I could see Teague, Millsap and Horford making it. 

• Premium Member

Practically, I don't see any way we get 4 All-Stars unless it is next year and we are coming off a championship and dominating the East again.

It's hard for me to imagine more than 2.

Popularity is going to put some people in... like Wade and Lebron.

Then there's Rose.  That's 3 guys who shouldn't get in that will get in.

The frontcourt voted in I can see as Gasol, Anthony, and Lebron.

Here's the nonhawks that deserve to go:   Bosh, Wall, Lowry, Butler, Vucevic, Love, Drummond.

Then there's the question does Wins dictate weather you go or not... I mean, Love was an allstar in Minny.

If not.. Then what do you say about Tobias Harris and Michael Carter Williams?

If so, then we get 4.

• Like 1

• Moderators

One more win before 2/1 and we should have at least 8 all stars:

COACHING STAFF
  • Head Coach
    • Mike Budenholzer
      (College - Pomona)
  • Assistant Coach
    • Kenny Atkinson
      (College - Richmond)
    • Darvin Ham
      (College - Texas Tech)
    • Taylor Jenkins
      (College - Pennsylvania)
    • Charles Lee
      (College - Bucknell)
    • Neven Spahija
      (College - )
    • Ben Sullivan
      (College - Portland)
  • Trainer
    • Wally Blase

One more win before 2/1 and we should have at least 8 all stars:

Yeah, I think we forget Bud's been a shoe-in for a couple weeks. We'll be well represented with 3 members at least, but the max of 5 would be epic, and frankly deserved. This all I got to say about Kyle...post-2289-0-99939900-1421774015_thumb.jp
  • Like 2