• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Thabo could be out a significant amount of time [6-8 weeks]

Admin

How can you live like this always expecting the worse - wow.

How was Thabo injury prone when we signed him? That was his 1st significant injury last season.

I thought he had a calf and a wrist injury last year.

Anyway, all of this shit is pointless since injuries always ruin everything. It was a big problem last year and I guess it's not surprising that it's starting to be a problem this year.

Worse part is that bum Mike Scott and his one trick pony ass will get more court time.

I thought he had a calf and a wrist injury last year.

Anyway, all of this shit is pointless since injuries always ruin everything. It was a big problem last year and I guess it's not surprising that it's starting to be a problem this year.

Worse part is that bum Mike Scott and his one trick pony ass will get more court time.

He did but that's what happens to guys who play as hard and dive on the floor like he does. That's why you have 15 on the roster.

I agree it's frustrating having these high expectations and just hoping that we can maintain health but again that's why we have depth.

As to Scott, if by one trick you mean being our best bench scorer and being dangerous from everywhere on the floor then yeah he's a one trick pony.

He did but that's what happens to guys who play as hard and dive on the floor like he does. That's why you have 15 on the roster.

I agree it's frustrating having these high expectations and just hoping that we can maintain health but again that's why we have depth.

As to Scott, if by one trick you mean being our best bench scorer and being dangerous from everywhere on the floor then yeah he's a one trick pony.

Dennis is leading bench scorer and not Scott.

One bright spot is that JJ gets a chance.

Dennis is leading bench scorer and not Scott.

One bright spot is that JJ gets a chance.

I said our best bench scorer, not our leading scorer off the bench.  Scott averages 25.8 PER 100 Poss vs Schroders 23.5. Both are very good scorers off the bench though.

Jenkins already has 7 so far this game and as his biggest fan here I'm thrilled by it. Payne should get some burn tonight too.

I said our best bench scorer, not our leading scorer off the bench.  Scott averages 25.8 PER 100 Poss vs Schroders 23.5. Both are very good scorers off the bench though.

Jenkins already has 7 so far this game and as his biggest fan here I'm thrilled by it. Payne should get some burn tonight too.

Dennis is more dependable scorer at this point (IMO). Scott is only productive in about 1 out of every 5-8 games.

• Premium Member

This really hurts us. I know some think I hate Thabo but I don't. His defense has been great this year and his offense after shooting beyond bad had finally flipped and he was doing what we needed.

yeah, he's only 19 minutes but that's the best perimeter defense in the NBA and we need it. I just pray the guy is healthy for the playoffs.

• Like 4

Though I know it's a defensive problem, he's good. He only plays 19 minutes a game and averages 5 points. We can adjust...

but don't forget that includes the start of the season. If you look at his last month those stats tick up very nicely.
  • Like 1

What sucks is that we can't sign someone to fill his spot. We may have to make a trade to keep us afloat especially not knowing how long DMC will be on the shelf.

I don't see it that way at all, sorry. We don't really need to trade for anyone because we have Bazemore and Jenkins on the bench who I would like to see get some more playing time.

Once DMC gets back, this just gives more backup minutes for Bazemore, which is well deserved IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love Thabo for his D and what he brings to our team and most definitely want him in there when the playoffs roll around. But getting Baze some more minutes to help in his development is a very good thing with how well he's coming along. And his defense is elite level also.

And I know a lot of people around here want to see what Jenkins can do. We will finally get to see it now, perhaps. I have a feeling Mack will eat up some of these minutes when he's finally healthy. But Jenkins should be able to get some minutes and hold things down until Thabo is healthy. At least we'll finally get to evaluate him in some games to see if he's worth trying to keep around next year.

Scott can log some minutes at SF also, which would probably mean Brand getting a few more minutes than he's been seeing. Or perhaps even Moose or Payne...

We've got enough options without having to make a trade right now.

What sucks is that we can't sign someone to fill his spot. We may have to make a trade to keep us afloat especially not knowing how long DMC will be on the shelf.

No faith in Johnny now?

But relax, we should get Shelvin coming back soon as well as DeMarre. I don't see any reason for trades.

No faith in Johnny now?

But relax, we should get Shelvin coming back soon as well as DeMarre. I don't see any reason for trades.

I have faith in Johnny coming off the bench getting us some points but we need someone who can defend the premier wings.  Jenkins will never be confused with being that type of defender.  Even if we get DMC back soon, we have nobody on the bench who can defend and be counted on to knock down a shot with Thabo out. 

I don't see it that way at all, sorry. We don't really need to trade for anyone because we have Bazemore and Jenkins on the bench who I would like to see get some more playing time.

Once DMC gets back, this just gives more backup minutes for Bazemore, which is well deserved IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love Thabo for his D and what he brings to our team and most definitely want him in there when the playoffs roll around. But getting Baze some more minutes to help in his development is a very good thing with how well he's coming along. And his defense is elite level also.

And I know a lot of people around here want to see what Jenkins can do. We will finally get to see it now, perhaps. I have a feeling Mack will eat up some of these minutes when he's finally healthy. But Jenkins should be able to get some minutes and hold things down until Thabo is healthy. At least we'll finally get to evaluate him in some games to see if he's worth trying to keep around next year.

Scott can log some minutes at SF also, which would probably mean Brand getting a few more minutes than he's been seeing. Or perhaps even Moose or Payne...

We've got enough options without having to make a trade right now.

If you could combine Bazemore and Jenkins that would be a hell of a player. But Bazemore has an awful shot, can't hit FTs and he's really raw. Jenkins is a terrible and undersized defender.  The fact is that without DMC and Thabo we have nobody on the bench who's a two way player on the wing. 

If you could combine Bazemore and Jenkins that would be a hell of a player. But Bazemore has an awful shot, can't hit FTs and he's really raw. Jenkins is a terrible and undersized defender.  The fact is that without DMC and Thabo we have nobody on the bench who's a two way player on the wing. 

Don't agree. I'd take Bazemore's offensive game over Thabo's. And he still has a LOT of room to improve. Thabo is a more experienced player, which is why I want him for the playoffs. His outside shot is improving, or was, but he's still a long way from a consistent spot-up 3pt shooter. Baze has much more offensive potential and needs more gametime to continue to develop it in our system. He also plays elite defense too.

Where Thabo is better than Baze is in experience and consistency, along with 2 inches in height. It does hurt us by moving Baze from Korver's backup to a less talented player defensively there, I'll give ya that. But I suspect that will probably be offset somewhat by Baze getting closer to starter type minutes, say maybe 28 minutes per game, backing up both DMC and Korver.